PDA

View Full Version : Dungeonbred MITD

MechaGodzilla
2009-06-02, 04:12 AM
I'm sure this has been tossed around on the forums before, but I haven't found a thread that went into detail about the dungeonbred template as far as it relates to the MITD.

Aside from the drop in size, which would account for the MITD's supernatural strength, there are a two special qualities that indicate that the MITD is dungeonbred, specified in the template.

A dungeonbred monster consumes food and water as if it two sizes smaller than the base creature. Not a perfect fit, until you remember that the MITD mentions that his dad ate a lot more than he does.

Beyond that, a dungeonbred monster will eat any type of prey eagerly, regardless of the base creature's preferences, which seems to fit in with the MITD having no qualms about eating anything.

I'm not going to speculate about what exactly the dungeonbred template was applied to, but I would guarantee that it was applied to the MITD.

Prock
2009-06-02, 04:20 AM
Beyond that, a dungeonbred monster will eat any type of prey eagerly, regardless of the base creature's preferences, which seems to fit in with the MITD having no qualms about eating anything.
except babies... He wont eat babies

Borris
2009-06-02, 05:51 AM
That seems like sound speculation. Especially when you consider that
the dungeonbred template comes from the Dungeonscape supplement, half of which was written by a certain Rich Burlew. He's already used the acidborn shark from the same book, after all.
Of course that means the MitD could be almost any creature between the sizes of medium and huge (it's not too clear if it's medium or large in the comic, though I'm definitely leaning toward large).

Hatchet
2009-06-02, 06:42 AM
A dungeonbred monster consumes food and water as if it two sizes smaller than the base creature. Not a perfect fit, until you remember that the MITD mentions that his dad ate a lot more than he does.

This may be due to the fact that he's just a child, and will eat as much as his dad when he grows up.

Still, I wouldn't rule out that he has some templates, so I guess it could be dungeonbred.

Gilthans
2009-06-02, 06:58 AM

Well then, he certainly isn't using the BABY EATER template.

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-02, 09:31 AM
Well then, he certainly isn't using the BABY EATER template.Tsukiko does?

Oh, wait; she's a girl. Never mind, then. :smalltongue:

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-02, 07:35 PM

i think that's more of a moral thing than a physical characteristic.

UltimatheChosen
2009-06-03, 12:00 PM
i think that's more of a moral thing than a physical characteristic.
That's not the sense I got... it sounded like he just didn't like to eat them. If it were a moral choice, he wouldn't be putting them in the trash.