PDA

View Full Version : [4.0] Spirit Forest [OOC]

Cilvyn
2009-06-02, 04:53 AM
Hello again,

So this will be our Out-of-Character thread. Here you can talk with eachother about all OOC-game related stuff.

Also here will be viewed some rules and tips for IC gameplay

IC Speak

Above all post you post IC you wite your name at top in bold.

IC you say what you do in 3th person:
Leroy politely salutes to the guardsman in the room and says:

When you speak IC you will talk like this:
Hail captain, I was wondering if you could..

You will all choose a color which will be your Text color for ingame talks (Italic is optional). the actions your char takes will be in black.

Rolls

All rolls will be done in spoilers, to seperate them from the real In game stuff.

You make a spoiler like this {spoiler}<insert text>{/spoiler}

All the rolls will be made like this: {roll=<insert attack or skill}1d20+2{/roll}
Ofcourse you can typ whatever die you need.

For specials you do it like this:

{roll=<insert attack or skill}1d20+2{/roll}
If hit: {roll=Sneak attack for example}2d6{/roll}

The main point is that you make all rolls at the same time so they wont be devided in several post. Also if you are not sure about an action of attack just roll for it in case it is right. Also add all options and specials there are when you hit or you will do when your roll succeeds. Dont wait til you see what your roll result is. In this way it will reduce the confusing amount of posts with differnt rolls and stuff.
You can edit your post but not add more rolls in a post already posted.

PS: you make links like this {url=<insert Link>}<insert text>{/url}

* replace all {} by []

Characters

Omnik - Otik Grandsmith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130005), Dwarf Shaman
Jokes - Filip Coppertoken (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130013), Halfling Sorcerer
Zenmah -Darrak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130023), Dwarf Invoker
Shorkan - Brook (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=129864), Shifter Druid
Mike - Altair Autumnwind (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130121), Eladrin Wizard
Reverted One - Bergosh Harrien (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130167), Gnome Paladin

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-02, 09:38 AM
Test

[roll0] You know what? I didn't even know you could put other text in that spoiler tag (for example, "sneak attack"). That's cool.

Question for everyone:
Should I take some more damaging powers (read: with higher damage) or should I be fine with my current choices?

Cilvyn
2009-06-02, 10:22 AM
ye its a cool thing;). You guys should also choose a color be fast so no-one takes your colour before you do;)

I leave that decision to the party if you want more damage from creatures just give a call..:P

Shorkan
2009-06-02, 11:09 AM
I pick Dark Green.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-02, 11:24 AM
I pick Olive for Otik.

Zenmah
2009-06-02, 01:05 PM
Then Darrak would love Royal blue

@Omnik
That's a good question, we do seem to have a lot of controllers(invoker, druid and wizard) as primairy role.
Maybe of or two characters should take a little more offense

But i don't really know if its nessesary..

What do the others think?

I'd be willing to go covenant of wrath, gives me just a little bit more of a dmg threat.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-02, 01:07 PM
The druid looks to be somewhat strikerish though.

I was going to go the leader/defender path myself.

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-02, 02:19 PM
I pick Sea Green.

Reverent-One
2009-06-02, 05:45 PM
The gnome is Dark Red.

@Omnik
That's a good question, we do seem to have a lot of controllers(invoker, druid and wizard) as primairy role.
Maybe of or two characters should take a little more offense

But i don't really know if its nessesary..

What do the others think?

I don't think it's necessary either. Each of the controller have some single target damage stuff as well, so we should be fine there. And with 3 controllers and a scorcerer, I think another part defender would be better, help keep the squishies safe.

Also, Mike, a couple of things about your character sheet.
-You're missing the +2 class defense to will.
-The wizard's spellbook gives you an extra utility power too, and expanded spellbook gives you a third, just like for your daily powers.
-This is not so much an error as a suggestion. You should probably change your Con and Wis scores, or change implements. The Orb uses your wisdom mod for the penalty to saving throws, and honestly, you're Con wouldn't be used much, except to give you a few more hit points at first level. Or you could instead change from the Orb of Imposition to the Staff of Defense, which would then use your Con score.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-02, 05:47 PM
The gnome is Dark Red.

I don't think it's necessary either. Each of the controller have some single target damage stuff as well, so we should be fine there. And with 3 controllers and a scorcerer, I think another part defender would be better, help keep the squishies safe.

-The wizard's spellbook gives you an extra utility power too, and expanded spellbook gives you a third, just like for your daily powers.
-This is not so much an error as a suggestion. You should probably change your Con and Wis scores, or change implements. The Orb uses your wisdom mod for the penalty to saving throws, and honestly, you're Con wouldn't be used much, except to give you a few more hit points at first level. Or you could instead change from the Orb of Imposition to the Staff of Defense, which would then use your Con score.

That's why I took chainmail proficiency. :smallsmile: And some monsters may waste attacks on the spirit companion.

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-02, 06:01 PM

Thank you for pointing those out for me, I'll edit my page accordingly.

Shorkan
2009-06-02, 06:08 PM
My sheet is all done.

Cilvyn
2009-06-02, 06:38 PM
The IC thread is up. Please make sure your sheet is ready. And lets play!

You can still post here for everything OOC!

IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6206436#post6206436)

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-02, 06:42 PM
There we go, everything's shipshape about now, just realized that I forgot the utilities, but that can wait.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-02, 06:43 PM
BTW, I have that nice utility that lets me take half-damage from an attack directed at on of you. I just hope I won't have to use it too often. :smallwink:

Zenmah
2009-06-02, 06:45 PM
Good then i'll leave Darrak as is, updated my sheet as well with background & personality.

Though i'm still lacking a surname...

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-02, 07:03 PM
"The elves...my lesser cousins"

Oh Mike, that's harsh! :smallbiggrin:

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-02, 07:05 PM
"The elves...my lesser cousins"

Oh Mike, that's harsh! :smallbiggrin:

Meh, it's the Eladrin's PoV, I'm just using it. Like when a Primatologist is studying chimpanzees. Heh.

Jokes
2009-06-02, 10:52 PM
Talking in lime

So, I was wondering why Fillip is in the firefox dictionary...

Fillip
n.

1. A snap or light blow made by pressing a fingertip against the thumb and suddenly releasing it.
2. An embellishment that excites or stimulates: “Spritely tabasco onions, just a little crunch for the top, were an added fillip” (Alison Arnett).
3. One that is trivial or of little importance.

tr.v., -liped, -lip·ing, -lips.

1. To strike or propel rapidly by as or as if by a fillip: filliped his finger against my ear; filliped the pretzel across the counter.
2. To stimulate or arouse.

I was a little put off because of the last one, but I have to say, all that actually fits Fillips personality. Talk about your providences.

Cilvyn
2009-06-03, 05:18 AM
Nice start for all of you:)

As you might have noticed i'm not realy a native speaker, but I hope you can und unserstand the most of it. THis is my first campaign so if Jokes or other people who have DMed a couple of pbp games have some tips or sugestions how i should say things it is most welcome!

Further i was wondering in which time zone you guys live. Me Zenmah and Shorkan all live in Netherlands, Europe (GMT +1). Not that it realy matters but in case we are waiting for a post we can see if you are still sleeping, or just have no life or a girlfriend, all even.

no worries the Elves won't kill you for your harshness^^

EDIT: And please, as you did by mike check eachothers sheets, or check your own at least, I'm not that good in character building i only DM in real life so i can't say if there's something missing without taking hours of reading and checking:P

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-03, 08:32 AM
I'm Eastern time Zone, USA.

Btw, I rolled a history check to see what I knew about the Kingdom that was destroyed and is now under the forest. I got a nineteen, so I'd like to know what I Know.:smile:

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-03, 08:57 AM
Same time zone as Mike.

Zenmah
2009-06-03, 10:52 AM
Civilyn, Could you post the information of the Recruiment thread also in the IC or OOC thread whereever its most relevant.

Thought it might be a good idea to keep all campaign information in those two threads.

Zenmah

Cilvyn
2009-06-03, 06:29 PM
You know that rumors say that elves live in the north in more advantaged village in treetops. The build houses on branches and connect them with bridges. Elves are afraid of the earth to awake the spirits who rest beneath the ground.

Let me know if you want to do somthing before it gets morning otherwise i will continue;)

I jsut deleted my link to the recruitment. What information do you need from it? Then ill try to recover it.

Cilvyn
2009-06-03, 07:35 PM
And with that, he walked out into the warm night air and strode off to the edge of the forest to lay.
Howmuch more can you ask for trouble? :smallbiggrin:

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-03, 07:45 PM
Howmuch more can you ask for trouble? :smallbiggrin:

Saying that I'm unarmed and all out of dailies? Which I'm not.:smalltongue:

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-03, 07:58 PM
Nothing to do before morning.

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-04, 12:22 PM
Well...That was unexpected...:smalleek:

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-04, 12:40 PM
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Cilvyn
2009-06-04, 12:44 PM
actualy I did....:smallcool:

EDIT: Here zenmah:

Recruitment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113191)

Cilvyn
2009-06-05, 07:50 AM
Hey guys,

I will not be there this weekend, I'll post the next step monday.

Have a nice weekend and i'll see ya guys then!

Cil

PS: You're doing great, all of you!

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-05, 02:00 PM
I just noticed something...I forgot to include my class' bonus to defense on my sheet. What a noob mistake. :smalltongue: It's fixed now.

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-08, 09:34 AM
Okydoke, It's monday.

Cilvyn
2009-06-08, 11:42 AM
hehe indeed it is.. wil post this evening;)

Cilvyn
2009-06-08, 01:11 PM
Nature Check

You know that in the forest live several creatures. There must be several villages with other races. It is up to you what you believe but many stories about the weirdest creatures living in the forest. But also about creatures that died returning back to live to live with their herd again. Also somthing magical like creatures that use magic or even áre magical. some people say you can hear them shout or even roar like a dragon, but you could also hear it as normal animal sounds it's jsut what you believe

Cilvyn
2009-06-09, 05:44 PM
You huy wanna do womthing or shall i post the new one?

You can ue this for inspiration maybe?:

1. You dont know eachother that wel especialy the others from the other village.
2. you might be curius why the others volunteered?
3. You can talk aabout your plans for defeating this evil
4. You can tell the others how you think about the party what you do want and what otherway around?
5. You may want to find some stuff which could be at use.
6. you could brainstorm about creatures in the wood and what you want to do to avoid them or even fight them?

Just a few examples. Roleplay is not hard just use your inmagination and play along!

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-09, 05:52 PM
Sorry, I was busy today. I will post tomorrow, probably.

Cilvyn
2009-06-09, 05:55 PM
Don't understand me wrong, i wont force you to post if you want to let the story continue. I'm just giving some tips you can use when you lost your inspiration;)

Reverent-One
2009-06-11, 07:13 PM
So, into the woods we go. I've already jumped the gun and gotten started in there before everyone was done in town.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-13, 09:18 AM
Cilvyn? not enough words

Jokes
2009-06-13, 09:39 AM
Hey guys, I've picked up DMing another game and it's taking up a fair amount of time. I'm not quitting this, just reminding that I'll be around, but my brain may hurt too much to post.

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-13, 08:01 PM
I'll be gone from tomorrow til next saturday. But when I get back my postings will be more robust as I'll have my computer back from repairs.

Cilvyn
2009-06-14, 07:19 AM
Sorry guys i was gone for a while, next post is up. ;) sorry to hear Jokes wel we still got enough.. let's play on:)

Reverent-One
2009-06-16, 07:14 PM
We waiting on something?

Shorkan
2009-06-17, 07:34 AM
I think we are waiting for Cilvyn again.

Reverent-One
2009-06-19, 08:08 PM
Does someone with training in Nature want to try a Handle Animal attempt on the bear?

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-06-20, 12:39 PM
Okay everyone, I'm back from the camp, which was very intriguing.

Shorkan
2010-04-17, 06:12 AM
1d20+2
grsdsafasfd

Shorkan
2010-04-17, 06:13 AM
[roll0]
afsdddddddddd