PDA

View Full Version : Trying to build a new(ish) system.

Malfunctioned
2009-06-02, 12:21 PM
Fellow Playgrounders, please may I draw your attention to this humble thread where I, Malfunction, will attempt to procure assistance in this endeavour of mine!

*Ahem*

Well now that that's over allow me to start again. I have for a while now had an idea in my head of a campaign setting idea, that idea is of a world where the biblical Apocalypse is taking place, but unlike the prophecies of it both sides, Heaven and Hell, are attempting to destroy the Earth, the Angels and God are attacking because any place where any sin has been commited reeks of pure evil to them, and they would waste no time in razeing it to the ground, the Demons and the Archdevils on the other hand want to simply destroy everything in order to extend the reach of Hell onto Earth and from there into Heaven as well. The players in this world would either be player Fallen Angels, who cannot become evil but settle for neutrality, Risen Demons, can't become good but settle for neutral and Lockers.

Lockers are humans who at the time the Apocalypse started suddenly developed strange power relating in some way to the Bible, for instance a certain Locker may have the ability to create massive blasts of sound, this would be loosely related to the falling of the walls of Jericho while another may gain froglike characteristics and be related to the second plague. The job of Lockers is to halt the progress of the Apocalypse by locking away the spirits of Angels and Demons they encounter.

Due to ancient pacts and treaties between the two sides of the war the stronger a Demon or Angel is the harder it is for them to manifest on Earth, which helps to explain why God himself doesn't just manifest on Earth and incinerate the whole planet.

Also, I think I should give a little more information about the abilites of Risen and Fallen. First of all only Fallen and other Angels have wings which allow them to fly, though a Demon could gain wings, but only by killing an Angel, removing the wings and grafting them to themselves. Second, every Demon is linked to one of the seven deadly sins, this, along with shaping thier personalities (Though Risen are not as affected by this as normal Demons) gives them a Sin ability which is a small power which is linked to the same sin.

So what I'm asking you guys is too help me make or adapt a system, I would try to do it myself but I have almost no ability at homebrewing at all. Any suggestions at all would be helpful.

And before anyone mentions it, I was originally planning to play the game using Mutants and Masterminds but my players have already stated that they don't really like the system.

SurlySeraph
2009-06-02, 12:30 PM
You might want to check out d20 Apocalypse, which uses the d20 Modern system. It has a campaign setting that's pretty much this, though it doesn't have a lot of detail.

Malfunctioned
2009-06-02, 12:44 PM
I had looked into D20 Modern before, but I want more customization to be availiable for the abilites of the Lockers, and for the Risen/Fallen.