PDA

View Full Version : Recreating of the phylactery.

andre3w
2009-06-02, 04:26 PM
As far as I know if lich's got destroyed, he isn't able too recreate it, however he can use spells like "Clone" to get simmilar effect. I don't remember, where I got this information from, but it was the official WotC material.
Ofc it's based only on D&D book and Rich could just change it in OOTS setting & universum, but we haven't seen any prove of it yet, so for me Xykon has big problem.
Potentialy there is way to create new phylactery(ies) during... the demilich rituals. But I can't imagine Xykon as flying skull only o0'
And even if he is able to recreate it, phylactery costs 120.000, so it will take 120 days for him to make it. It gives some time for oots.

derfenrirwolv
2009-06-02, 05:38 PM
Problem with clone

To create the duplicate, you must have a piece of flesh (not hair, nails, scales, or the like) with a volume of at least 1 cubic inch that was taken from the original creature’s living body

Xykon hasn't had flesh in a looooong time.

The_Alec
2009-06-02, 07:04 PM
It was established back in SoD that Xykon can re-create his phylactery if it gets destroyed. (Or at the very least that Xyclon thinks he can re-create it.)

So ultimately the only drawback to having this phylactery destroyed will be the time needed to re-create it and the slight chance that someone could defeat him in the mean time.

Kai Maera
2009-06-02, 07:44 PM
It's really a shame, considering how a phylactery was meant to be the soul's container.

Porthos
2009-06-02, 07:50 PM
It was established back in SoD that Xykon can re-create his phylactery if it gets destroyed. (Or at the very least that Xyclon thinks he can re-create it.)

It was? :smallconfused: Not according to my copy of SoD. :smallsmile:

Zaphrasz
2009-06-02, 07:58 PM
It was only established that, if destroyed, Xykon himself would not be immediately affected. He never mentions recreating it. Personally, I think they should be able to, but there are perfectly good reasons not to accept that interpretation.