PDA

View Full Version : Desfue's Infernal sneezing fit

TheThan
2006-05-12, 02:27 PM
Desfue's Infernal sneezing fit

Desfue was a teacher at a wizard collage. Unfortunately for him he suffered from horrible allergies and was in near constant misery. But what made his life terrible was the near constant heckling he was subject to by not only his peers but also his students. After one particularly bad day Desfue had decided he had had enough of the torment. He figured that if he was going to suffer so badly because of his allergies, he would make sure everyone else would to. So he locked himself away in his study for several weeks. Eventually he emerged with a new spell and began to unleash it upon all his tormenters. They were all afflicted with a horrible sneezing that would not stop no matter what kind of medicinal herbs were brought to bear. Eventually Desfue was stopped when the half-orc janitor clubbed him in the back of the head with a mop. Unfortunately for desfue the janitor hit him a little too hard and the wizard ended up in a coma. Eventually the others recovered from their affliction and the leaders of the school ransacked Desfue's study and confiscated all his notes on his new spell. They named it "Desfue's Infernal sneezing fit". For Desfue had managed to paralyze the entire school for several hours.
The fate of Desfue has been undisclosed by the school.

Desfue's Infernal sneezing fit

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature; see text
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell afflicts the subject with an burst of allergic reaction so strong that no amount of herbal remedies can affect it. The subject suffers from sneezing, watering eyes, itching eyes and throat. The most predominant symptom is the sneezing however. The sneezing is so strong that the subject doubles over and can take no actions, but it is not considered helpless, additionally because of the watering eyes it is considered blinded for the duration of the spell. After the spell ends, it can act normally, and is no longer considered blinded.

The spell affects any humanoid, monestrous humanoid, animal, dragon, Giant or magical beast.

Material Component

A pinch of pollen thrown at the target.

SpiderBrigade
2006-05-12, 03:06 PM
I like it, it's like Tasha's except you're blinded instead of prone. Actually that might be a little strong but it's okay for Sorceror/Wizard 3, since Tasha's is level 2. You might want to bump it up to Bard 2, though.

Meat Shield
2006-05-12, 03:17 PM
I hate to just say ditto, but I think Spider is right. Bard2 definitely, otherwise looks great. Kudos.

BelkarsDagger
2006-05-12, 04:40 PM
Yeah I do agree with the Bard 2 requirement.

Nice background.

Meat Shield
2006-05-12, 04:44 PM
You left out giant as a type that could be affected by this spell. On purpose?

I understand why fey were left out, but can't think of why giants were.

Brickwall
2006-05-12, 04:45 PM
I like it. But do indeed change it to Bard 2.

That would be great in some situations. Hey, does not being able to take actions preclude on from taking a balance check if they're forced to? Just a general question in case I ever decide to include the spell somewhere.

squishycube
2006-05-12, 04:49 PM
I mostly agree with the other posters, but after some consideration I think prone is nastier than blinded, mostly because of the AoO when getting up.

Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 2 in my opinion, just like Tasha's Hideous Laughter.

TheThan
2006-05-13, 03:38 AM
thanks for the input i'll probably update the caster levels tomorrow

edit

ok i pumped the caster level to bard 2, wiz/sorc 2 and added Giant to the list of affected creatures, which was a small oversight when I wrote it up. thanks for all the advise.