View Full Version : Alchemists III - The Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

billtodamax
2009-08-01, 03:56 PM
Shadowcaller

Shadowcaller
2009-08-01, 04:06 PM
Shadowcaller

Any reason why? Or are you just following the bandwagon that don't really have any strong points so late in the game?

We are close to losing and Fostire is defending himself, but dosen't give any reasons why he votes for me?

Very strange... and wolfish.

Thufir
2009-08-01, 04:31 PM
That means of Mal, Lex, happyturtle, and the phantom two (or more) were wolves.

I'd be pretty sure Lex was a wolf, since that was a tip-off from a seer proxy. Not that this yields much in the way of helpful information.

So, Reinholdt is Hughes. Since I was fairly confident he wasn't a wolf, that doesn't really make much difference. Just because he's on our side doesn't mean he's right, and Fostire does make a decent case. If I were a wolf, I would probably do just what he described, he's a pretty easy target for it.
And really, "He's defending himself" is not really an argument for him being a wolf. When the wolves are this close to winning, no-one wants to get lynched, whichever team they're on.

For most of this game, Shadowcaller has voted fairly late in the day phase, and yet until Jontom on day 11 he wasn't on a lynch-wagon. Additionally, he's given little reason for most of his points. I'd say he's been laying low.

Lamech
2009-08-01, 04:58 PM
Wait is Hyozo gone???

Reinholdt
2009-08-01, 05:01 PM
Wait is Hyozo gone???
Hyozo filed away notice until... today/tomorrow. So, no. He shouldn't actually be on the auto-lynch list either.

Thufir
2009-08-01, 05:01 PM
He said last sunday he'd be gone until next saturday, i.e. today. So he should be back before the end of this day phase.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Istari
2009-08-01, 07:15 PM
I miss you! :smallbiggrin:

Aww, *hugs* :smallsmile:

Hyozo
2009-08-01, 10:38 PM
Fostire, I understand your position, and would support you, but I have reason to believe that doing so would go against my own interests.

And don't look at me like that, it's still last Sunday's "next Saturday" for the next fifteen minutes.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-04, 12:08 AM
Day 13 ends.

The military is in turmoil. The State Alchemists have come to the Head Quarters and are rioting outside.

"We're getting picked off, one by one!" They would yell. "End this! End this now!"

A high-ranking officer walks forward to meet the crowd."There is no need to panic! It's always darkest before dawn."

"DAWN?" shouts another Alchemist. "DAWN? What if there is no dawn? What if we don't live to see it?"

"Then it will be a sacrifice you made for your country."

"LIKE HELL!"

A third Alchemist throws a box at the Officer. The officer becomes frozen on the spot.

"This... this is.....!"

"You're finished."

The Alchemist puts a hand on the Officer's head, and the sparks of Alchemic transmutation fly off in all directions. The body of the officer falls to the ground.

"Jackpot," says the Alchemist.

Summary:
Fostire was lynched. He was Pride.

Night begins now and ends in 24 hours or so. Please send in your actions.

Lamech
2009-08-04, 12:15 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the remaining homunculi are two or three of the following:

Thufir
billtodamax
PirateMonk

Shadowcaller
2009-08-04, 03:16 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the remaining homunculi are two or three of the following:

Thufir
billtodamax
PirateMonk

Indeed, we were really close to losing there but we managed to pull away from the casm of defeat, good work.

Reinholdt
2009-08-04, 04:28 AM

Thufir
billtodamax
PirateMonk
A list I also agree with. Let's lynch Thufir tomorrow, shall we?

The Bookworm
2009-08-04, 07:09 AM
Yes. I'm especially suspicious of Billtodamax, though.

Thufir
2009-08-04, 04:46 PM
Really? Seriously, don't shoot us in the foot now. If I were a wolf, I would have hidden myself on the Fostire wagon, seeing it was obviously almost certainly going to succeed, to deflect the suspicion that has landed on me. It even would've been plausible, since the analysis I posted in support of lynching Malmagor did include the same point Reinholdt made against Fostire. I just thought Malmagor was more suspicious.

Honestly, I still suspect Shadowcaller, for the reasons stated when I pointed at him. I'll also agree with Bookworm and Shadowcaller that billtodamax is quite likely a wolf. At this stage, lack of reasoning behind a point is highly suspicious to my mind. PirateMonk I'm not sure. Shadowcaller's voting record is suspicious, as I pointed out, so his point was not unjustified, and it was the 2nd point of the day, before either side became a bandwagon. On the other hand, he's been acting a bit suspicious all game, so I could go either way on this.

I say we should lynch billtodamax tomorrow.

Shadowcaller
2009-08-04, 04:53 PM
Really? Seriously, don't shoot us in the foot now. If I were a wolf, I would have hidden myself on the Fostire wagon, seeing it was obviously almost certainly going to succeed, to deflect the suspicion that has landed on me. It even would've been plausible, since the analysis I posted in support of lynching Malmagor did include the same point Reinholdt made against Fostire. I just thought Malmagor was more suspicious.

Honestly, I still suspect Shadowcaller, for the reasons stated when I pointed at him. I'll also agree with Bookworm and Shadowcaller that billtodamax is quite likely a wolf. At this stage, lack of reasoning behind a point is highly suspicious to my mind. PirateMonk I'm not sure. Shadowcaller's voting record is suspicious, as I pointed out, so his point was not unjustified, and it was the 2nd point of the day, before either side became a bandwagon. On the other hand, he's been acting a bit suspicious all game, so I could go either way on this.

Well, I am the last mason and you defended Fostire and voted for me beacuse of very iffy reasons.

Lamech
2009-08-04, 05:05 PM

Maybe. But thats not the point. Unless Shadowcaller was a wolf too, none of the wolves would have joined the Fostire wagon. Had say anybody on that wagon switched... the homunculi would be very close to winning. One lynch fail away. Or less. It makes it very unlikely that any of the wolves would have hid.

Thufir
2009-08-04, 05:57 PM
Well, I am the last mason and you defended Fostire and voted for me beacuse of very iffy reasons.

Unless I misread my spreadsheet, you avoided all the lynch-wagons until Jontom, despite your points being frequently a decent way into the day phase, when said wagons were fairly well established. Based on this I said you seem to have been lying low. You call that iffy?
As for Fostire, I made an honest mistake. I found you more suspicious than him at that particular moment.
Also, I had you marked down as not a mason, because on day 3 you pointed at Helgraf, who also turned out to be a mason. Wolves may point at each other to allay people's suspicions, but a mason pointing at another mason seems unlikely to me. Still suspicious here.

@Lamech: Well obviously I still have my doubts about Shadowcaller.

Shadowcaller
2009-08-04, 06:07 PM
Unless I misread my spreadsheet, you avoided all the lynch-wagons until Jontom, despite your points being frequently a decent way into the day phase, when said wagons were fairly well established. Based on this I said you seem to have been lying low. You call that iffy?
As for Fostire, I made an honest mistake. I found you more suspicious than him at that particular moment.
Also, I had you marked down as not a mason, because on day 3 you pointed at Helgraf, who also turned out to be a mason. Wolves may point at each other to allay people's suspicions, but a mason pointing at another mason seems unlikely to me. Still suspicious here.

@Lamech: Well obviously I still have my doubts about Shadowcaller.

...Suspicious? If you think I'm lying about being a mason so close to the wolves victory, "suspicious" is a pretty mild word.

As hard as it might be to belive, I lost the mason list quite early and haven't paid attention enough ever since to retrive it. Now on the other hand when I'm not as busy, I do remember that Helgraf was the last mason and such.

And I'm not even sure I'm talking back your points, there could maximum have been 4 wolves left yesterday and I got voted for by four people, it seems quite clear that you and the others are the last wolves.

Lamech
2009-08-04, 06:10 PM
You lost the mason list but your the last mason? Confused.

Shadowcaller
2009-08-04, 06:26 PM
You lost the mason list but your the last mason? Confused.

*shrug* I'm mason only in name. We never contacted each other actually so thats why we never really networked or even knew of each other.

I know all the masons names now of course, I asked haruki for it, too bad Helgraf was killed about the same time thought...

Lamech
2009-08-04, 09:06 PM
:smalltongue:So... you guys are the fail masons? Like the wolves in Death Note 2? Your ENTIRE purpose is to network...:smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2009-08-05, 02:41 AM
:smalltongue:So... you guys are the fail masons? Like the wolves in Death Note 2? Your ENTIRE purpose is to network...:smalltongue:

Pretty much yeah, this game started at the last days of school so werewolf games were quite low on my priority list at that time.
I think I lost the masons list around there somewhere and never bothered to pick it up once the semester started...

Haruki-kun
2009-08-05, 10:09 PM
((I'm sorry... been away for a day.... Moving back to school and stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to update the last few phases on time.))

Night 13 Ends.

With the loss of their leader, the Homunculi find themselves disoriented and confused, thus decide to lay low for a while. The Alchemists enjoy a night of peace.

Summary:
Nobody died.
Day 14 begins now and ends in 48 hours.

Reinholdt
2009-08-05, 10:18 PM
Thufir
*starts brewing vat of acid*

PirateMonk
2009-08-05, 11:48 PM
Obviously, Reinholdt is the last homunculus, Gluttony and Lust merged into a single person, trying to trick us into not lynching him with a complex scheme. It won't work!

Shadowcaller
2009-08-06, 02:27 AM
Right... Thufir.

The Bookworm
2009-08-06, 06:12 AM
Thufir. I guess.

Thufir
2009-08-06, 07:23 AM
billtodamax, for reasons given above.

Lamech
2009-08-06, 08:07 AM
Hyozo, just trust me I know what I'm doing... kinda. Right, I was supposed to chage this right? THufir I don't think your evil. But you might be. ANd we have the spare votes.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-08, 12:14 AM
Day 14 Ends.

"The way you have been.... blending in among us. I find it impressive," said the Officer. "However, I'm afraid I can no longer allow you to keep going."

"What are you..." but the lady stops herself and smiles. "How long have you known?"

"Not very long. Just recently, in fact. If it weren't for a few things I noticed, I might have not even realized it was you."

"I see." She tries to move, but she can't. With that pendant around her neck, there is no way she would possibly move.

"I admit, you are a very pretty lady. But this is as far as you go. Farewell."

The Officer gives a signal. The remaining alchemists surround the Circle drawn under the woman and put their hands to the ground. A scream is heard, and the woman vanishes into the wind.

--------------------------

Nearby, a fat, short man looks down at the scene.

"L... Lu.... LUST!"

Summary:
Thufir was lynched. He was Lust.

Night 14 begins now and ends in 24 hours. Since very few people are left, I'll probably end sooner if I get all actions in.

Thufir
2009-08-08, 11:21 AM
"Where did I come from? Where will I go when I die...? Perhaps all this time, all I've really wanted is the freedom to find out..."

THufir I don't think your evil.

Nice to know I was at least slightly convincing.
It's been fun, guys. See you all in another game sometime.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-09, 02:01 PM
Night 14 ends.

The sun rises for a new day of investigating the murder cases in Central. The team, or what's left of it, assembles in headquarters to begin the meeting, but hesitate after realizing that someone is missing.

"They must have got him, too," says someone, voicing what everyone was thinking.

Summary:
Lamech was killed. He was an Alchemist.

Day 15 begins now and ends in 48 hours. Please remember to vote.

Did not vote yesterday:
billtodamax
Hyozo

Shadowcaller
2009-08-09, 02:05 PM
Piratemonk, I come for you.

Reinholdt
2009-08-09, 02:08 PM
PirateMonk is most likely a wolf.

Hyozo
2009-08-09, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the reminder to cast my vote for Piratemonk as well.

The Bookworm
2009-08-09, 06:37 PM
PirateMonk. I'm the Sheep Alchemist.

Lamech
2009-08-09, 07:02 PM
Wait you killed the guy who got tricked?

Thufir
2009-08-09, 08:12 PM
Sure they did. It's all part of the secret plan, probably. Go team homunculus!

billtodamax
2009-08-10, 12:47 AM
PirateMonk

PirateMonk
2009-08-10, 11:02 AM
Oh well. Gloating time.

"Puny humans! I am GLUTTONY, the devourer of your puny corpses! At least, I was, until you killed my assistant... But my death will accomplish nothing! We will never fail! Sloth has hidden himself well, you shall never find him! Even if you do, with only four of you left, you can't build a functioning society. You'll all die eventually, even after we're gone. You could have just let us destroy you, and the result would've been the same. But you decided to try and kill us.

"And we would've gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for that meddling cat!"

happyturtle
2009-08-10, 11:05 AM
*tries to claw my way out of PirateMonk's stomach*

"Damn you! I wanted a proper funeral with a headstone!"

Reinholdt
2009-08-10, 11:28 AM
Oh well. Gloating time.

"Puny humans! I am GLUTTONY, the devourer of your puny corpses! At least, I was, until you killed my assistant... But my death will accomplish nothing! We will never fail! Sloth has hidden himself well, you shall never find him! Even if you do, with only four of you left, you can't build a functioning society. You'll all die eventually, even after we're gone. You could have just let us destroy you, and the result would've been the same. But you decided to try and kill us.

"And we would've gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for that meddling cat!"
:biggrin:

We'll see about that.
*meddle meddle*

Thufir
2009-08-10, 07:26 PM
Naturally, I feel compelled to point out to my erstwhile former team-mate that in the anime Gluttony was never that articulate and Sloth was female.

Madmal
2009-08-10, 08:26 PM
So, was i right about PirateMonk or not?

I'd point an extra couple of things, but i'm also on Gluttony's stomach...and poking Happyturtle with a bone. Dunno whose.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-08-10, 08:52 PM
So far my guesses are more accurate than chance would allow. Can't wait to see How well I do.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-11, 07:47 PM
Day 15 ends.

"LUST!" shouts the fat man. "LUST? WHERE IS LUST???"

The Alchemists try to restrain him, but the man continues to struggle. He doesn't even seem to be aiming to hurt anyone.

"WHERE'S LUST? WHAT HAPPENED TO LUST???"

"Calm down!" shouts one of the surrounding Alchemists. "Lust is dead."

The fat man freezes. He doesn't even struggle anymore, which catches all Alchemists by surprise.

"Lust is... dead? Is that true?"

"Yes, it's true."

The man slumps down on the floor and starts sucking on his own thumb like a baby.

"Dead?" What appears to be a tear starts falling down his cheek.

He never even moves. The Alchemists slowly draw a transmutation circle around him, and proceed to destroy the homunculus.

Summary:
PirateMonk was killed. He was Gluttony.

Night 16 begins now and ends in 24 hours or possibly less.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-12, 08:24 AM
Night 15 ends.

Everyone gets a good night's sleep. Nothing of interest happens tonight.

Summary:
Everyone got a good night's sleep. Nothing of interest happened tonight.

Day 16 begins now and ends in 48 hours give or take a few.

Reinholdt
2009-08-12, 08:52 AM
I don't trust billtodamax.

Shadowcaller
2009-08-12, 09:10 AM
billtodamax it is.

Hyozo
2009-08-12, 10:00 AM
Indeed, Billtodamax.

billtodamax
2009-08-13, 01:47 AM
And that very well be the game. Well played team good, well played. *bows* I bid you, adieu.
billtodamax

The Bookworm
2009-08-13, 06:31 AM
Billtodamax, says the Sheep Alchemist willingly.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-14, 02:45 PM
Day 16 ends.

The underground city. A place sealed from the world above since who knows how many years ago. Not a breath of life had existed in this city for over a century.

Until now.

Billtodamax walked to the building in the center of the city. He knew full well that the Alchemists were following. But he did not care.

"How long are you staying in hiding?" he said.

The Alchemists showed themselves. "It's over. Let's end this now.... Envy."

Billtodamax grinned and shifted his shape into that of the androgynous, long-haired male he usually took. "What a surprise. You seem to know a lot about me."

"We have our resources," said the officer, stepping forward. "I am, after all, head of the research department."

Envy chuckled. "Of course. As expected of you, Hughes."

The only remaining Homunculus turned around and pointed. "Do you know what that is?"

"It's the Door," says another man, approaching the scene. "I've seen it before."

"Oh? Edward-kun? It's been a long time."

"Indeed. This is it, Envy. The last battle."

"There will be no battle." Envy reached forward and began to pull on the Door.

"WAIT!" shouted Ed. "Don't open it! You don't know--"

"I KNOW PERFECTLY WELL!" screamed Envy. "I know what lies on the other side! There's nothing left for me here! Everything I want.... is through this Door!"

With that, Envy finally pulled open the door. A dark shadow stepped out and enveloped him as soon as he did. The others heard voices coming from within it. Vividly, the voices of the other 6 Homunculi.

"Envy...."

"Get away from me.... GET AWAY!"

The Shadow swallowed him whole and pulled him in through the Door.

"Don't look directly at it!" shouted Ed to the others as he rushed forward. "This thing cannot exist in this world anymore."

He clapped his hands, then slammed them to the ground. A rush of Alchemic Energy was released and flied toward the Door. After the Door closed, the Alchemic Energy hit it and it collapsed upon itself.

"It's over. Goodbye, Homunculi."

Summary:
Billtodamax was lynched. He was Envy.

GAME OVER
The Alchemists Win.

A list of roles and stuff will be posted shortly.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-14, 02:48 PM
{table]Player|Role
Aemoh|Alchemist
Banjo1985|Hohenheim
billtodamax|Envy
Catseye2121|Alchemist
deathslayer7|Lujon
Dirk Kris|Alchemist
dragonprime|Alchemist
evnafets|Armstrong
Fleeing Coward|Alchemist
Fostire|Pride
happyturtle|Alchemist
Helgraf|Officer
Hyozo|Alchemist
Istari|Sheska
Jontom Xire|Greed
Kyouhen|Alchemist
lamech|Alchemist
Lex-Kat|Sloth
Lord Iames Osari|Hawkeye
Lucky |Roy Mustang
Malmagor Andrigal|Alchemist
MOD|Alchemist
Murska|Alchemist
Mustiado|Alchemist
Night Surgeon|Scar
onasuma|Alchemist
PirateMonk|Gluttony
pondshadow|Alchemist
Recaiden|Alchemist
RedscholarGypsy|Alchemist
Reinholdt|Maes Hughes
Selrahc|Officer
Shadowcaller|Officer
Talic|Barry
The Bookworm|Alchemist
The Bushranger|Alchemist
The Phantom|Wrath
Thufir|Lust
Trixie|Officer
Opeth_Freak|Alchemist[/table]

Congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing!

See you all in Memesville II! :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-08-14, 03:03 PM
Yay! We won!

Not that I helped at all, what with being losing track of the game due to illness, muddying the waters as the seer/fool proxy, and doing a seer test on a Gluttony day.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-08-14, 03:06 PM
3/7 for my guesses. Not too bad. Question: why was I killed that night, because of the guesses or soemthing completely different?

Also, kinda funny how Hughes lived until the end, if you know the source.

Yeah Team Good!

Hyozo
2009-08-14, 03:08 PM
Yay! We won!

Not that I helped at all, what with being losing track of the game due to illness, muddying the waters as the seer/fool proxy, and doing a seer test on a Gluttony day.

Hey, at least I managed to talk you out of that last one.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-14, 03:12 PM

I didn't notice that earlier. Oh Irony :smallbiggrin:

Good job, team good. Too bad, I died moments after I replaced Festy. It was still cool to see, how you managed to win, from almost impossible situation.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-14, 03:12 PM
that's partially my fault. but we still won. Good job team! :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2009-08-14, 03:13 PM
I knew I should've hidden on the Fostire wagon instead of following the team plan which I didn't expect to work...
Well done Reinholdt anyway.

@RSG: As I recall, someone thought there was a chance you were the seer.

Reinholdt
2009-08-14, 03:59 PM
Whee! A turnaround from a near-loss! :smallbiggrin:
*marks down as his best villager game*

The role was perfect too cause they didn't want to waste two kills on me. And that helped me make it to the end. I'm really better in my endgame.

Man that gluttony was painful.
Great job everyone. :smallsmile:

billtodamax
2009-08-14, 04:18 PM
Yeah, you getting that role was the only thing that kept you alive, Rein.

PirateMonk
2009-08-14, 04:28 PM
3/7 for my guesses. Not too bad. Question: why was I killed that night, because of the guesses or soemthing completely different?

Yeah Team Good!

I thought you're rescuing by Aemoh was suspicious, and some of your statements made it sound like you were trying to pretend to not be the seer. As it turned out, we should have paid more attention to Istari being second on the wagon, and we did when he did it again on Jontom.

Also, I find this interesting:

Hmm... question: Can Gluttony eat Lust when she gets lynched? Obviously, once she's dead, he no longer has that ability, but on the day she gets lynched she's still alive until the end of it, so...?

What makes Gluttony's ability so powerful?

The Bookworm
2009-08-14, 06:26 PM
Yay! We won! No thanks to me, the Sheep Alchemist...

Istari
2009-08-15, 02:19 PM
Hi fives Reinholdt and Banjo for being the best network buddies ever :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2009-08-17, 03:30 PM
Hi fives Reinholdt and Banjo for being the best network buddies ever :smallbiggrin:

Hurray! Hohenheim was useful! :smallbiggrin: