PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Scoundrel?

Mindleshank
2009-06-03, 01:57 AM
I think i have a great build for a Scoundrel i would greatly appreciate the giantitp opinion okay so you take the first 5 levels in Swashbuckler for insightful strike, the varient rule shield of blades, weapon finesse, and the full base att bonus. Then you take assassin which your abilities should max out dex and int so it is perfect??

Frosty
2009-06-03, 02:02 AM
Don't you mean 3 levels? Swashbuckler is a 3 level class prestige class that requires Daring Outlaw and levels of Rogue :smallbiggrin:

Mindleshank
2009-06-03, 02:10 AM
Sorry it 3.5 Edition

Curmudgeon
2009-06-03, 02:13 AM
Swashbuckler is a 3 level class prestige class that requires Daring Outlaw and levels of Rogue :smallbiggrin: Doesn't work that way. As a base class Swashbuckler imposes all the usual multiclassing limitations. But you like playing a Half-Elf, right? :smallwink:

Goatman_Ted
2009-06-03, 02:23 AM
I think i have a great build for a Scoundrel i would greatly appreciate the giantitp opinion okay so you take the first 5 levels in Swashbuckler for insightful strike, the varient rule shield of blades, weapon finesse, and the full base att bonus. Then you take assassin which your abilities should max out dex and int so it is perfect??

You might be able to get by in most games with Daring Outlaw, Staggering Strike and such.

But with words like 'great' and 'perfect,' I'm just not seeing it.

And Curmudgeon -- I hear there's a race out there called 'human.' Word is that it isn't bad.

KillianHawkeye
2009-06-03, 07:13 AM
I'd prefer Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 3 as an entry into Assassin, taking Daring Outlaw at 6th level. You could probably even still use Shield of Blades despite not reaching 5th level as a Swashbuckler, as Daring Outlaw would give you the Swashbuckler's dodge bonus to trade for it.

This would give you evasion, 4d6 SA and Int to damage by 6th level. Not super optimized, but not bad for a high Dex/Int type character.

Bugbeartrap
2009-06-03, 10:02 AM
They way this Dex/Int character really works, if you don't mind pulling from multiple sources is:

3 swash (for obvious reasons)
2 monk

for carmendine monk (Champions of Valor)

Then take psionic assassin variant and tashalatora ( Secrets of Sarlona)

Now you get the flurry of blows of a monk only 3 levels lower (fix with monks belt) which gives you much more attacks to spread your SA.

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-03, 10:18 AM
Swordsage 2 gets easy access to Shadow Blade. If the DM isn't enforcing XP penalties (which really, he shouldn't), this can also boost your Sneak Attack with Assassin's Stance. Oh, an Setting Sun Counters>>>>>Enemies.