Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: Two humanoid creatures
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell functions as charm person, except for as above and that instead of treating you as their trusted friend, both targets treat each other as such. You may not target yourself with this spell. This spell does not function unless both targets fail their save.

Material Component:
A length of white thread, knotted around a ring.

Group Charm
Enchantment (Charm) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 7
Target: Two or more creatures, no two of which may be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 1 day/level

This spell functions as dual charm, except for as above.

Material Component:
A white veil and a gold ring worth 50 gp.

Suggest Meme
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Language-Dependent, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 3, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S
Target: One living creature
Duration: 1 hour/level or until completed

This spell functions as suggestion, except as above and that, once during the duration of the spell, the subject may use suggestion as a spell-like ability, with caster level and DC equal to that of the Suggest Meme spell minus one. The creature may only use this ability to make the same suggestion you made to it, and it may not use it against you. The action you suggest to the target may involve a specific use of this ability.

Greater Suggest Meme
Level: Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Duration: 1 day/level or until completed

This spell functions as suggestion, except as above and that, rather than suggestion, the target may use suggest meme once during the duration of the spell.

Adhere
Transmutation
Level: Sorc/Wiz 1
Target: One object
Duration: 1 min./level (D)

This spell transmutes the surface of an item such that it becomes exceedingly sticky. If it is already held, then it may not be removed from its wielder’s hand from the duration of the spell. If unattended, then once wielded, it may not be removed.

Heisenberg’s Uncertain Teleportation
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level

Your body begins spontaneously teleporting in random directions, never any more than a few half-inches or so, several times each second. You gain a +4 circumstance bonus to AC.

Schrödinger’s Deathbox
Necromancy [Death] (Darkness)
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates

This spell encases the target’s space in a cube of magical darkness. The target, within the darkness, is immune to vision and detection, similar to a creature with a mage’s private sanctum spell. If the creature leaves the darkness, it must immediately make a save or die.

Material Component:
A sealed box containing the corpse of a cat.

Orion-the-G
2006-05-05, 08:51 PM
Dual Charm
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Target: Two humanoid creatures
Duration: 1 hour/level

This spell functions as charm person, except for as above and that instead of treating you as their trusted friend, both targets treat each other as such. You may not target yourself with this spell.

Material Component:
A length of white thread, knotted around a ring.

Group Charm
Level: Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 7
Target: Two or more creatures, no two of which may be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 1 day/level

This spell functions as dual charm, except for as above.

Material Component:
A white veil and a gold ring worth 50 gp.

This is a pretty good idea, and I like it.

One issue might be that it can function essentially like charm person in certain situations, essentially if the caster simply decides to make himself one of the two (or more) targets.

I would either make sure to state that the caster may not be one of the targets of the spell.

or make sure that the spell only works on those who fail their saves. So for instance, you do not end up with one victim being friends while the other is still hostile or unfriendly.

Suggest Meme
Level: Brd 3, Sor/Wiz 4
Duration: 1 hour/level or until completed

This spell functions as suggestion, except as above and that, once during the duration of the spell, the subject may use suggestion as a spell-like ability, with caster level and DC equal to that of the Suggest Meme spell minus one. The creature may only use this ability to make the same suggestion you made to it, and it may not use it against you. The action you suggest to the target may involve a specific use of this ability.

Okay, a bit of confusion here...I'm not 100% certain how this spell works.

Could a spellcaster enchant someone with it and 'suggest' that that person go and 'suggest' another course of action to a third person?

For instance: spellcaster A cast's suggest meme on a servant and suggestes 'you should go to the king and tell him to lower taxes' and the servant will then go and tell the king that, activating a suggest spell on him?

If so, I'd say it should be one level higher at least. It's pretty powerful for a spellcaster to be able to magically influence someone without risking himself at all.

Adhere
Transmutation
Level: Sorc/Wiz 1
Target: One object
Duration: 1 min./level (D)

This spell transmutes the surface of an item such that it becomes exceedingly sticky. If it is already held, then it may not be removed from its wielder’s hand from the duration of the spell. If unattended, then once wielded, it may not be removed.

Doesn't seem unbalanced or anything, however I would suggest a DC for a strength check to pull the item off (possibly with damage if it's attached to flesh). A 'perfect' adhesion could be a problem if spellcasters get creative and use it to seal door shut, stick people's shoes to the ground, or any number of other uses.

Heisenberg’s Uncertain Teleportation
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level

Your body begins spontaneously teleporting in random directions, never any more than a few half-inches or so, several times each second. You gain a +4 circumstance bonus to AC.

My biggest concern is that I don't believe there are 'circumstance' bonuses to AC (I could be wrong however). Depending on what exactly a circumstance bonus to AC means this may or may not be too weak or too powerful.

Schrödinger’s Deathbox
Necromancy [Death] (Darkness)
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial

This spell encases the target’s space in a cube of magical darkness. The target, within the darkness, is immune to vision and detection, similar to a creature with a mage’s private sanctum spell. If the creature leaves the darkness, it must immediately make a save or die.

Material Component:
A sealed box containing the corpse of a cat.

Funny (and definitely a disturbing material component).

I can't say whether it's too powerful or not for sure...it's one level lower than finger of death, but it also isn't quite as potent...not sure.

Anyway, one thing. The save is 'fortitude partial' but no partial effect is listed.

Jestir256
2006-05-05, 09:04 PM
Put a strength/weight limit on that Adhere stickyness, and give it some kind of surface area restriction. Basically what you have created as you describe it is temporary Soveriegn Glue, which has terrifying potential.

The Demented One
2006-05-05, 09:10 PM
One issue might be that it can function essentially like charm person in certain situations, essentially if the caster simply decides to make himself one of the two (or more) targets.

I would either make sure to state that the caster may not be one of the targets of the spell.
It's already in there.

or make sure that the spell only works on those who fail their saves. So for instance, you do not end up with one victim being friends while the other is still hostile or unfriendly.
Good idea, I'll add that in.

Okay, a bit of confusion here...I'm not 100% certain how this spell works.

Could a spellcaster enchant someone with it and 'suggest' that that person go and 'suggest' another course of action to a third person?

For instance: spellcaster A cast's suggest meme on a servant and suggestes 'you should go to the king and tell him to lower taxes' and the servant will then go and tell the king that, activating a suggest spell on him?

If so, I'd say it should be one level higher at least. It's pretty powerful for a spellcaster to be able to magically influence someone without risking himself at all.
The suggestion the target makes has to be the same as the one made to him. So, you could suggest "Meet me in 10 minutes, and if you happen to see Greebo the foul, suggest he do the same.[/i]

Doesn't seem unbalanced or anything, however I would suggest a DC for a strength check to pull the item off (possibly with damage if it's attached to flesh). A 'perfect' adhesion could be a problem if spellcasters get creative and use it to seal door shut, stick people's shoes to the ground, or any number of other uses.
Might be a bit tricky to balance, I'll work on it.

My biggest concern is that I don't believe there are 'circumstance' bonuses to AC (I could be wrong however). Depending on what exactly a circumstance bonus to AC means this may or may not be too weak or too powerful.
Basically, no different than an untyped bonus. I don't know of any other spells that give a similar bonus, but given the short duration and relatively low bonus, I'll leave it as it is unless a balance maven comes along.

Anyway, one thing. The save is 'fortitude partial' but no partial effect is listed.
Fixed.

Wih
2006-05-05, 11:22 PM
Dear gods, I love Schrödinger’s Deathbox. A few questions about it though - Does a save need to be made to put the person in the cube in the first place aswell as a fort save or die when leaving the cube, how large is the cube, and if the spell is dispelled/broken is it counted as leaving the darkness, now that the spell isn't in effect?

SpiderBrigade
2006-05-06, 02:07 AM
Hmm, I have to say Schroedinger's Deathbox is...fabulous. However it might make it more accurate to allow a reflex save to avoid the box, but have the "death effect" be at 50/50. A fort save gives a much more variable chance of killing. I'm not sure, though, if this makes the spell more powerful, or less ;-)

Wih
2006-05-06, 11:47 AM
Hmm, I have to say Schroedinger's Deathbox is...fabulous. However it might make it more accurate to allow a reflex save to avoid the box, but have the "death effect" be at 50/50. A fort save gives a much more variable chance of killing. I'm not sure, though, if this makes the spell more powerful, or less ;-)

Heh, you do have to admit that making it a 50/50 chance to die is within reason for the....inspiration for the spell.
Perhaps some sort of save to stop the darkness box going up, then a 50/50 chance of dying? That would though, lower the spell level (and making no save, 50/50 chance of dying would up it dramatically).

Orion-the-G
2006-05-06, 12:01 PM
Technically, if you allowed a save to avoid the effect entirely (probably a Will save) then added a 50/50 chance of death it would be much weaker. Basically finger of death with a 50% miss chance and the ability to dispel it before it activates. So that might be as low as level 5.

Although, just to get nitpicky, shrodinger's box doesn't have a 50% chance to kill the cat, the cat is simply neither dead nor alive until the box is opened...or it is both. The chance exists for the cat to still be alive, but it is extraordinarily smalle (assuming a good poison was used)

Wih
2006-05-06, 12:06 PM
Technically, if you allowed a save to avoid the effect entirely (probably a Will save) then added a 50/50 chance of death it would be much weaker. Basically finger of death with a 50% miss chance and the ability to dispel it before it activates. So that might be as low as level 5.

Although, just to get nitpicky, shrodinger's box doesn't have a 50% chance to kill the cat, the cat is simply neither dead nor alive until the box is opened...or it is both. The chance exists for the cat to still be alive, but it is extraordinarily smalle (assuming a good poison was used)

The origonal idea of Shrodinger's Box is that there was a 50/50 chance that the poison would be released, killing the cat, but since the box is completely unobserved, it was outside of space/time.

It has the potential to be both alive and dead, as represented by Multiverse theory (Hawking's take on it).

Maybe instead, the character can do nothing until someone opens up the box (by reaching into it etc), and then there's a 50/50 chance?

Orion-the-G
2006-05-06, 12:08 PM
Oh really? All the examples I've seen feature just cat+poison...hopefully not involving real tests...

Wih
2006-05-06, 12:19 PM
Oh really? All the examples I've seen feature just cat+poison...hopefully not involving real tests...

Schroedinger origonally postulated the theory to show how stupid Quantum Physics was - by showing that uncertainty (You know there's a 50/50 chance it's dead or alive - that means it's both and neither at the same time because it isn't being observed) changes the core fabric of the universe.
As far as I'm aware, it hasn't been physically tested...not only would it be a travesty, but there wouldn't be any point to it, as by testing it you're observing it, removing any chance...

Orion-the-G
2006-05-06, 01:25 PM
I know it hasn't been tested, I was just kidding around. It's a purely theoretical model.

Not to mention that the cat would certainly observe whether or not the poison was released :p

Wih
2006-05-06, 01:26 PM
I know it hasn't been tested, I was just kidding around. It's a purely theoretical model.

Not to mention that the cat would certainly observe whether or not the poison was released :p

Dear gods, I've been playing that meow song on Guitarfreaks too much...the weirdest mental images ever o.O

Poor cat... :-X

Ikkitosen
2006-05-06, 01:49 PM
It's not 50:50 - the original mental experiment afaik was a cat in a box with a radioactive source and a detector linked to the poison source. The poison was 100% effective but was only triggered if the material decayed - and since there is no way to determine whether something has definitely decayed or not without measuring it (since nothing affects the rate - hence the efficacy of carbon dating) then there was ALWAYS a chance for the cat to be alive or dead.

Thus the chance for the cat to be dead increased with time, but was never 100% and so the simultaneous possibility of dead and alive always existed.

And back on topic - do you have examples in mind for Suggestion Meme, because it sounds kinda...naff for its level.

Steward
2006-05-06, 04:59 PM
To Ikkitosen:

Izzy the Wizard finds Bob the Rube and Suggests that he jump off. Oh, Izzy adds, if you see the Dark Lord Sauromort, feel free to Suggest that he jump off a cliff with you.