PDA

View Full Version : Using the Bearclaw (New Feat. PEACH)

Seffbasilisk
2006-05-14, 12:22 PM
"I swear cap'n! I ain't been drinking! The bloody bear had an axe!"

-Sergeant of regimented decimated by 'a bear with an axe'

Using the Bearclaw [GENERAL]
Prerequisites: Str 15, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Any), Bear Form, BAB +9

Benefit: When going into bear form, you may choose to instead of dropping or absorbing your weapon, keep it seperate. You also retain use of this weapon while in bear form, allowing you to make attacks with it.

Normal: A character without Using the Bearclaw either drops or absorbs his weapon when going into bear form, and cannot use it to make attacks, relying on natural weapons.

BelkarsDagger
2006-05-14, 12:31 PM
I like it, nice concept. Though I'm wondering if this would hamper movement, as the bear would need one claw to hold it, and then only 3 to move about.

Seffbasilisk
2006-05-14, 12:33 PM
I actually thought about that, but bears can get around on thier hind legs pretty well. Not for ever mind you, but for the....17 or so rounds you're in bear-shape? Sure.

(besides, if you're making claw attacks with both claws each turn, you're on your hind legs too.)

The_Werebear
2006-05-14, 01:52 PM
I approve of this feat 8)

No, really.

Anway, it is kinda like wild armor, except with any weapon. I think the requirements balance it nicely.

Gerrtt
2006-05-14, 02:56 PM
I like it, nice concept. Though I'm wondering if this would hamper movement, as the bear would need one claw to hold it, and then only 3 to move about.

Id say not, bears walk around on twos all the time.

<sarcasm>
Besides, I've seen dogs run on two legs (one in the front and one in the back) and dogs run on three legs and they can keep up with normal dogs just fine...so logically bears (being the exact same as dogs) would have the same ability to move around.
</sarcasm>

Serious about the dogs moving on two and three legs though. Just not about them being like bears.

Seffbasilisk
2006-05-18, 08:39 AM
2 thumbs up, one thumb painted purple and set on fire.

Any other comments? Suggestions?

gregtbk409
2006-05-19, 10:55 AM
I saw the subject and thought this feat was going to be about doughnuts.

darn

Akorahil
2006-05-19, 01:42 PM
I saw the subject and thought this feat was going to be about doughnuts.

darn
Fear not, you will get to tell others of your Cruller +1 someday