PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet Template Creation?

Neftren
2009-06-03, 06:48 PM
So, I've been lurking around instead of posting after I started work on my new system, and I've reached a pitfall where I need to make a Character Sheet. Except nothing I make seems to look good. So, does anyone have any guides to making those interactive character sheets like on Myth-Weavers, and how can I bundle that into a PDF format?

Also, anyone have any suggestions on how to start making a character sheet?

Brogen
2009-06-03, 06:56 PM
Well, I personally use Microsoft Word to make my character sheets. The table functions and such make it quite easy to put everything you need together. Then Word lets you export as a PDF, though you don't need to.

Artanis
2009-06-04, 10:10 AM
Well, I personally use Microsoft Word to make my character sheets. The table functions and such make it quite easy to put everything you need together. Then Word lets you export as a PDF, though you don't need to.

Same here. Word makes a decent format for keeping everything recorded. I also use notepad and a .txt cheat sheet for quick reference that has just the end results of all the stuff on the character sheet.

For instance, for my Ranger's Thunderburst Longbow's power, there's the power in the power section, the weapon with its stats in the equipment section, and the Weapon Focus feat in the feats section. But on my cheat sheet, that is all conglomerated into one entry:
TBURST ATTACK DAILY, ITEM, WEAPON
STANDARD+MINOR BURST 1
9 VS. FORT
1d10+6

Neftren
2009-06-04, 09:07 PM
Can someone give me an example? I'm basically looking for a way to make a PDF form that will easily transfer to an HTML-based form. Except I have no idea where to begin, even with the mechanics of the sheet on my new system.