PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Man - IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Neon Knight
2009-06-03, 09:13 PM
Space - Dissident Void

Hidden from observation from conventional human astronomy and astrology, the huge iron gray hulk of the Dissident Void hovered over earth. Inside the steel and titanium frame, the body of The Mother expanded, advanced, retracted, and contracted, woven throughout and one with the ship's innards.

Each one of the crew of the ship was found int run by the brooding Shou, wearing a blue cloak that covered him entirely. His large, white, staring eyes peered out from under a brow covered by wild and untamed black hair, the thick black heavy circles around his eyes making him seem as if he either got little sleep or a lot of punches to the face. "Mother wants you to find Mariko. She wants to talk to us." He then slinked off.

Use whatever faculty you desire to find Mariko. Use whatever attribute you want to represent this faculty, if you can justify it.

___

Earth - Orange Lake

The Ribbon Club was having a party on the pier.

Two girls were sitting on a pier, waiting for their friends.

Some blankets and picnic basket were spread out near the end of the pier, obviously lunch.

The first girl was in a very modest one piece swimming suit, a two draped around her as she read a book. She was sitting on the side of the pier, dangling her legs off it and kicking at the water with her bare feet as she read. Her black hair was done in a page boy haircut, and she wore a pair of rather fashionable glasses, the round lenses set in a light metal frame. This was Shiori. Beside her, a white ribbon lay on the pier next to her sandals.

Laid out extravagantly on the dock was another girl, reclining on a towel as she sunned herself. She didn't look like she was dressed for swimming; she wore ratty sneakers, a skirt which would have been much too short for modesty if she wasn't wearing black athletic shorts under it, and a swimsuit top. Her hair was done up in twintails held by bright blue ribbons, and it was a nice and glossy shade of navy blueish black. This was Kimiko.

Kimiko rolled over onto her stomach, propping up her elbows and putting her chin on her fists as her legs crossing behind her, regarding Shiori and the ribbon next to her. "Hey, you're always pestering me to wear my ribbons. Why'd you take yours off?"

Shiori didn't look up from her book. "I don't want it to get caught on something while I'm swimming and end up drowning."

Kimiko rolled her eyes and glanced at the path to the pier. "Where is everyone else? They're late."

Shiori shrugged as Kimiko waited impatiently.

Feel free to introduce yourselves. Tsubame and Chika will arrive last. Vael, feel free to have your character show up before they do. You can even pick a reason why those two are so far behind you.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-03, 09:25 PM
Kiku

Sorry everyone, I was waiting for the snacks to cool down.

Kiku says, walking towards the pier. She was carrying a tray of delicious baked treats. She was younger than the others, and was wearing her cap. She never took it off.

You can't eat a picnic lunch without having snacks for after. She says, smiling.

AmberVael
2009-06-03, 09:50 PM
Lydia

The foreign exchange student from America shows up, grinning as she waves to the others.
"Hi everyone!"

Her blond hair is strange, as usual- this time sporting some bizarre (but quite cool) green dye in it, which accents her light green eyes. The girl is wearing a white vest-like cover up which is long enough to cover up her entire swim suit- but it is open at the front, revealing a two piece swimsuit that matches the green theme she has (which also includes a green scrunchie holding her hair back into a pony tail).

"Chika and Tsubame are going to be a bit late."

Neon Knight
2009-06-03, 09:58 PM
"Hi, Kiku." Kimiko quickly turned her attention to Lydia. "What's wrong now? Did Chika forgot something?"

Shiori looked up from her book. "Those smell lovely, Kiku. Did you make those cookies that you brought last time? I loved those."

AmberVael
2009-06-03, 10:02 PM
Lydia

"Weeeeell..."
Lydia is grinning even wider now, highly amused as she sits on top of one of the posts holding up the pier. Her green eyes twinkle merrily.
"Chika decided she wanted to make a cake, and insisted on doing it herself."

She raises her hands in an 'I don't know gesture.'
"Whatever she did wrong, the cake pretty much exploded over the entire kitchen. So they're cleaning it up."

Neon Knight
2009-06-03, 10:05 PM
Kimiko sighed and looked out over the lake. "She wants to do everything herself, ever since.. you know."

Jacklu
2009-06-03, 10:09 PM
Shiva

Shiva smiles when Shou delivers the instructions. Another chance for her to prove her superiority over the others and earn her mother's love and attention. She gives her teddy a squeeze and hurries to the nearest access port. She opens the system and begins working to access the internal comm systems so she can page Mariko remotely. If there are no comm systems, then she will be working to access any internal sensors to try and locate her. (skill check= 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6214845&postcount=2))

AmberVael
2009-06-03, 10:12 PM
Lydia

Lydia nudges Kimiko with one pale, clean foot (with green toenail polish on it).
"Hey, cheer up. It was just a cake."
She smiles pleasantly and cheerfully.
"And you know there's still a place for us."

Neon Knight
2009-06-03, 10:17 PM
((Holding off on ship replies until everyone one the ship posts.))

___

Kimiko continued to be cranky, which was typical for Kimiko. "Yeah, but she'll end up making a fool of herself or getting hurt, and I'm so gonna gloat when she does. Right after I save her, of course."

Wiz
2009-06-03, 10:55 PM
Kotomi Takanashi (50/50) (6)

Kotomi comes skating up, her black hair is done up in a pair of Bao, with crimson ribbons hanging down. She's dressed in a crimson bikini and of course her skates are... crimson. She smiles, "Hey everyone... how's it going?" Her eyes are indigo.

AmberVael
2009-06-03, 10:59 PM
Lydia

"Sour puss."
Says Lydia, sticking her tongue out at Kimiko.

She looks up and waves to Kotomo as the girl arrives.
"Hi Kotomo!"
Lydia drops her hands to either edge of the post she was perched on.
"Pretty good. And for you?"

Guancyto
2009-06-03, 11:32 PM
Sarah

"Ooh, this should be good," Sarah says to herself. It was always something interesting when the Mother needed a lengthy chat. A new friend to play with, perhaps.

She is deathly pale, her eyes are pink and her hair is about two shades from white. At present, she wears something akin to a black leotard; it does nothing to cover the steel and circuits grafted to her body. An arm. The upper half of the other arm. Much of her legs. Part of her neck and abdomen. Shiny, silent and effective. She doesn't need to waste time with sensors and scans; in Mother's domain she doesn't get tired.

The end of the message finds her searching the ship manually, room by room, corridor by corridor, sprinting at full tilt. Perhaps she could hurry the others on their way, too.

Athletics, to find her by canvassing the ship! [roll0]

Wiz
2009-06-04, 12:05 AM

Kotomi smiles, "Excellent, now that I'm away from my parents... all they do is criticize... criticize... criticize..."

Of course, it would help if I couldn't hear their thoughts all the time.

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 12:08 AM
Lydia

"Oh, I know how that is. It's a great feeling to get away. Freedom!"
Lydia says, focusing on the positive.
"And hey, look, we're throwing a party! We can have fun on our own."

Wiz
2009-06-04, 12:15 AM

Kotomi nods, "Sounds good, what should we do first?"

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 12:23 AM
Lydia

Lydia hops off of her post and walks over towards Kotomi.
"Well... I was thinking..."
She grins, looking suspenseful and mysterious...

...and then tries to shove Kotomi off the pier and into the water with a quick, surprise flick of her hands.

Surprise Swimming! :smalltongue:

Cunning to toss Kotomi into the water! :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]

Lex-Kat
2009-06-04, 12:35 AM
Aeriel Ko (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6211883&postcount=20)

Aeriel rolled her eyes as she saw the others scurry about to gain Mother's favor. She, of course, knew exactly where Mariko was. I'll find her.

She'd seen the girl hiding while she'd been busy meticulously cleaning the rooms. Now if she could just remember which room it was. She calmly walked down the hall, as Sarah swiftly ran past her, then decended the stairs.

10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6215642&postcount=3) to remember where Mariko is.

24 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6215642&postcount=3) to show just how much hard work she put into cleaing the area.

EDIT: Oops! As Vael points out (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6215664&postcount=29), I did my roll wrong. Should have been a 15, not 24. :smallfrown:

Wiz
2009-06-04, 12:47 AM

Kotomi shrieks going over the edge of the pier, into the water.

Not resisting, so no stress, but I am grabbing her arm as a separate action to pull her in with me, Athletics: [roll0]

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 12:53 AM
((Cunning to resist! 20 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6215698&postcount=4)))

Lydia

Lydia was expecting this, however. It was the classic turn around trick when someone shoved you somewhere you didn't want to go, after all. She had herself neatly positioned in a way that catches herself against the boards of the pier, and then grabs onto one of the posts as she pulls back and away from the grab.
Normally she wouldn't have resisted, but she has her pretty cover up on!

"You're not getting this wet!"
She declares to Kotomi, sticking out her tongue as she backs off from the pier.

Wiz
2009-06-04, 12:59 AM

Kotomi surfaces, spitting water... and suddenly Lydia misteps and trips, it almost felt like something invisible moved under her feet and then lifted, tilting her sideways and sending her reeling toward the edge of the pier and the water.

Will (Telekinesis): [roll0]

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 01:13 AM
Lydia

Seeing as how Kotomi apparently doesn't care about ruining Lydia's nice, shiny cover up by getting it soaking wet, Lydia doesn't resist this time, instead just using the distance she gained as opportunity to swiftly slip out of the garment and drop it off on the pier before splashing in the water herself.

"You want to try and ruin my clothing?"
Lydia looks hurt.

Er... I'll say... Athletics to drop the clothing before getting dunked in the water? Should be fairly simple, I should hope... [roll0]

Wiz
2009-06-04, 01:16 AM

Kotomi smiles and winks, "Oh, and you didn't think a moment about soaking my skates... now they'll have to be cleaned and oiled or they're gonna rust."

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 01:21 AM
Lydia

Lydia puts her hands over her mouth.
"OhmigodI'msorry!"
Apparently it hadn't occurred to her.
"I'll clean them and replace anything that got messed up."

Wiz
2009-06-04, 01:29 AM

Kotomi chuckles wickedly, "Nope... not accepting it. To be forgiven you must agree to perform one task that I assign you! You will be in my power... at my beck and call until I choose to free you!" She smiles, "Oh, and you must swear to do whatever I ask by the sisterhood of ribbondom!"

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 01:31 AM
Lydia

"Well... as long as it isn't anything really bad or nasty..."
Lydia says hesitantly.

Wiz
2009-06-04, 01:45 AM

Kotomi beams, "Aha! You've agreed... therefore, you're forgiven. Now I think I'll let you stew for a while, worrying what thing I'm going to ask you to do!" She reaches down and frees one foot from it's skate.

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 01:48 AM
Lydia

Lydia sticks her tongue out at Kotomi and splashes a little water at her.

Wiz
2009-06-04, 01:57 AM

Kotomi ducks under the water a moment, coming up with the second boot. As Lydia splashes her with water, she retaliates by swinging one skate overhand, sending a shining arc of water toward the foreign exchange student.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 06:42 AM
Kiku

Kiku sighed, shielding her baked goods from all the splashing water. She places it next to the rest of the food.

I don't want anyone stealing a taste before desert time. She warns, smiling.

She takes off her clothes and she's wearing an unrevealing, white, one piece bathing suit. She puts her clothes and hat on the docks, and tests the water with her hands, leaning over, as she was two short to test it while just sitting using her feet.

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 08:10 AM
Lydia

"Eep!"
She gets splashed in the face and wrinkles her nose at Kotomi before grinning over at Kiku.
"Come on, the water's great!"
It was actually kind of cold.

Neon Knight
2009-06-04, 08:19 AM
Shiori had returned to her book as Kimiko got to her feet, kicking off her sneakers. Grinning, she cannonballed into the lake right between Kotomi and Lydia, trying to splash them both.

Murska
2009-06-04, 09:22 AM
Kevry

Kevry was in her suit when she was found. She listened to the message, then nodded her affirmation.

"Hm..."

She had spent quite a lot of time analyzing the patterns and movements of the others on the ship, especially those with a special connection to it. She knew where Mariko would usually be, and went to check those places first. A meeting with the Mother... maybe they were going to capture some more people. Possible allies... new victims were often easy to turn to her purposes, although more difficult to keep quiet about it.

Cunning: 30 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6216880&postcount=5)

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 04:09 PM
Kiku

Kiku smiles, diving in. She floats around on her back.

Ahhhh...

Wiz
2009-06-04, 04:24 PM

Kotomi sputters, then fills up her skates again, and dumps the contents of both onto Kimiko head.

Neon Knight
2009-06-04, 05:05 PM
Kimiko sputtered and laughed at Kotomi's retaliation and splashed water back at her.

___

Kevry found Mariko hiding on a ledge in a maintenance area, hidden behind large bulky spare parts. The girl was wearing a white night gown; she'd probably been in her room in bed when The Mother had called for, and dashed off here to avoid syncing. The parts of The Mother in this area had no sensory organs, and Mariko could hide her undetected for some time, at least from The Mother.

"G-go away."

Sarah would find the spot very soon through her diligent searching, but not before Kevry got a shot at talking Mariko down. Shiva would find the spot a bit after Sarah, and Ariel would find the spot very last.

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 05:10 PM
Lydia

Lydia grins at the others and goes to climb out onto the pier to snack a little on some of the foods, eyeing Kiku's treasured desserts.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 05:11 PM
Kiku

Kiku is busy relaxing in the water. She doesn't notice Lydia at all.

Wiz
2009-06-04, 05:23 PM

Kotomi swims over to the pier and ties her skates together, then tosses them up, so they hook over a support beam high up. She pulls off her Bao, and hangs them on another projection to dry, and lets her hair out. Then she slowly and purposefully turns in the water, raising one eyebrow, ducks underneath the surface, and must have pushed off the pier because she rockets through the water toward Kimiko, a crimson blur. Suddenly, Kimiko is pulled under water.

Murska
2009-06-04, 05:35 PM
Kevry

Kevry knows the place, spots where the Mother can't sense her are important for obvious reasons. She walks to her. "I'm sorry, but I was told to find you because the Mother wanted to talk. There'll probably be others arriving, too."

Neon Knight
2009-06-04, 05:42 PM
Mariko shook her head. "I'm not coming down."

___

Kimiko shrieked as she was pulled suddenly underwater.

Murska
2009-06-04, 06:14 PM
Kevry approaches a bit more, trying to appear comforting.

"Look, I know you don't like it, but if it's about picking up another person, we might find someone capable of helping you. We'll get away somehow, but I could use some assistance."

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 06:16 PM
Kiku

Kiku continues lazily drifting around in the water, not paying attention to anyone or anything around her.

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 07:10 PM
Lydia

Lydia begins sneakily trying to steal some of the baked goods Kiku brought.
Mmmmmm. Tasty.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 07:13 PM
Kiku

The cookies turn sour in her mouth, after a second of tasting good. Kiku is hovering above the water. Aha! Caught you! She points.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-04, 07:18 PM

Aeriel continued to search for Mariko. She sees a room that looks to be dirty, again. Damn it! She goes in and begins to clean. Can no one in this place clean up after themselves?

[roll0] +3 = 15

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 07:19 PM
Lydia

"Who me? Couldn't be."
Lydia grins cheekily, a little red with embarrassment.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 07:21 PM
Kiku

Then who stole the cookie from the cookie tray? Kiku asks, floating towards the pier.

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 07:26 PM
Lydia

"Oh wait, it was me. Mmmm."
Lydia licks her fingers, giggling a little.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 07:29 PM
Kiku

Kiku magics up a pad of post-itsTM, and begins scribbling something down.

Theft. Lying. Forcing me to recite part of a song. That's... She counts on her fingers. 87 demerit points. She sticks the post-itTM On Lydia's forhead.

Guancyto
2009-06-04, 07:31 PM
Sarah

clankclankclankclankclankclankclank!

Apparently that section of the ship is especially metallic; Sarah's bare feet precede her arrival by quite a ways.

"Aeriel," she says, for the room she had arrived in was the messy room in question. Well, it's possible not everybody had gotten the same orders, she considers.

"Keep up the good work," she quickly glances around the room. It's a slight to Mother to keep her home in such a state. She can take a moment, at least, to help out. "I'll get you some fresh water," she brooks no argument, and is off like a shot.

clankclankclankclankclankclankclankclank

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 07:40 PM
Lydia

"Nooooo!"
Lydia bemoans her fate, raising her hand to her forehead to pick off the sticky note and look at it.
"But they were just so tempting and tasty!"
She's grinning.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 07:43 PM
Kiku

But you have to eat them after lunch, or else you'll spoil your appetite. Kiku lectures. Besides, we don't even have a merit system. It doesn't affect anything.

The note says -87.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-04, 07:44 PM

Thanks! Aeriel turns to smile at Sarah, only to find her already gone. mumblemumblemumblemumble

Guancyto
2009-06-04, 07:52 PM
Sarah

And on her way back again. If only everyone were so easy to hear coming.

"Here we are," the cyborg is back with more cleaning supplies, looking through the assorted rags, sponges and buckets she has even as she offloads them. "I hope this is everything."

Lex-Kat
2009-06-04, 07:56 PM

Thanks again. I believe that's everything I need. She smiles brightly.

Wiz
2009-06-04, 07:59 PM

Kotomi pops up beside Kimiko, laughing. "Gotcha!"

AmberVael
2009-06-04, 07:59 PM
Lydia

"I know, I know."
Lydia amuses herself by folding the post it note into a paper airplane.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-04, 08:01 PM
Kiku

Kiku smiles, and casts a spell to make the cookies levitate in the air, out of reach.

There. I'll lower them when the others arrive.

Guancyto
2009-06-04, 08:02 PM
Sarah

Sarah smiles too, as she takes a cloth and starts on some of the more obvious grime. "Why do you do this, anyway?" she asks, curious, "it's not like anybody asks you to."

Do they? They might, she wonders.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-04, 08:08 PM

Um, well.... She looks around. If I don't do it, who will? She asks sounding almost innocent. She lowers her head and kicks at the floor.

then she gets back to work. Thanks for helping.

Guancyto
2009-06-04, 08:18 PM
Sarah

"I guess," she looks around. So much to do. How did whoever did this manage to splatter... whatever that black stain was so high? "I wouldn't mind seeing Shou pushing a mop sometime," she grins, "can you see him getting his foot caught in the bucket, climbing the entire stairway to the core on one leg until he can get someone to take it off?"

"Or Kevry. Power-suit feature: extending window wipers!" It was a stupid joke. But she didn't hear enough laughter on this ship. Not enough by half.

Jacklu
2009-06-04, 08:42 PM
Shiva

Shiva smiles as she successfully narrowed down the most likely location for Mariko to be. Why does she always hide from Mother? She is so lucky to feel Mother's love as closely as she does. She shuts down the terminal and heads for where she is hiding. On the way, she happens upon Sarah and Aeriel. She lifts her head and struts over to them. Hello Sarah. Cleaning again Aeriel?

Neon Knight
2009-06-05, 08:49 AM
Mariko shook her head stubbornly. She hugged her knees to her chest as she sat on the ledge. "It's so horrible... I can't even remember my name right now..."

Kevry noted that if she wanted to, she could just reach up and pull the girl down. She didn't have to talk her down.

___

Kimiko playfully shoved the victorious Kotomi. "Yeah? Well, you'd better watch out, cause my revenge is gonna come out of nowhere!"

Shiori placed her book and stood up, going to stand beside Lydia, examining the paper airplane quietly.

AmberVael
2009-06-05, 09:04 AM
Lydia

Lydia gently flicks the paper airplane towards Shiori, letting it swirl through the air towards her.
"Hey Shiori."
Lydia is still grinning quite persistently.

Neon Knight
2009-06-05, 09:09 AM
Shiori caught the paper airplane gently. "Hey." Shiori looked at the paper airplane, then padded over to stand by Lydia. "Um.. if you want, I can show you how to make this go farther. I mean, this is pretty good and all, but if you bend this part that way it catches the air a bit better."

AmberVael
2009-06-05, 09:14 AM
Lydia

"Really?"
Lydia looks on with interest, figuring that her mischief making skills could always use a boost.

Neon Knight
2009-06-05, 09:16 AM
"Yeah." Shiroi quietly added a few folds, then gently threw the paper airplane towards the shore. It did seem to go a bit farther than before. "See?"

Murska
2009-06-05, 09:19 AM
Kevry

Kevry reaches her arm, taking hold of Mariko's hand gently. "Mariko... You know we cannot defy it now. You have to wait for an opportunity. If the others get here, they'll just get you by force."

Lex-Kat
2009-06-05, 10:37 AM

Aeriel, currently standing on her tippy-toes to reach the ceiling, giggles at the though of winshield wipers on Kevry.

She then says to Sarah. Shou would just make the mess worse and I'd still end up cleaning it up.

When she hears Shiva enter, Aeriel jumps down, smoothing her skirt slightly embarrased. Ye.. yes Shiva. Her face glowing bright red.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-05, 10:38 AM
Kiku

Kiku tries making her own paper airplane, she's pitiful at it though.

Guancyto
2009-06-05, 10:44 AM
Sarah

"You're probably right," Sarah agrees. He'd probably end up mad as hell, too. "Still might be fun to see him try."

"Or Shiva," she gives the newcomer a nod, "the fiercest grime is no match for the power of precision laser beams!"

AmberVael
2009-06-05, 10:49 AM
Lydia

Lydia watches the airplane, then goes to retrieve it, looking it over intensely before brightening.
"Neat!"

Wiz
2009-06-05, 11:23 AM

Kotomi smiles at Kimoko, "Like your cannonball?"

Neon Knight
2009-06-05, 11:56 AM
Mariko was quiet for a while. "If.. If I come now, will you promise to tell me my name? Every time you see me?"

___

Shiori walked over to Kiku and tried to show her how to fold a paper airplane properly.

Kimiko looked Kotomi right back in the eye, grinning too. "Yup! Sleep with one eye open from now on."

Jacklu
2009-06-05, 11:58 AM
Shiva

Shiva smiles to herself at Aeriel's reaction. She sometimes feel bad for the girl. She is also somewhat suspicious of her. Everyone knew that she only cleaned as much as she did to make the others look bad to Mother. Sarah. Shiva narrows her eyes at her for the briefest moment. Was that a joke? Or was she mocking her? Shiva returns the smile, smug that she would take the high road and ignore Sarah's little slight. I think I know where Mariko is. If you two are done polishing the ceiling, we can head there together. She gives her teddy bear a slight squeeze. She wouldn't be the first to arrive, but she would be helping her Mother's other children. That was sure to mean something.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-05, 11:59 AM
Kiku

Oh... Thank you. She smiles. Adjusting the ribbon on her hat.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-05, 12:04 PM

Aeriel frowns. But... okay. She moves to follow Shiva, looking back at the mess left to be cleaned quickly.

Guancyto
2009-06-05, 12:07 PM
Sarah

"Sure," Sarah frowns ever-so-briefly at Shiva's glance. Everyone had their little ways of keeping sane. Everyone. Surely it wouldn't kill the mutant to indulge hers. "Let's go find what Mother wants."

Skill, to add to Lex's roll for cleaning the room! [roll0]

Wiz
2009-06-05, 12:17 PM

Kotomi floats a little closer and whispers, "Ooooh... what are you going to try to do to me while I'm sleeping?"

Murska
2009-06-05, 12:17 PM
Kevry

Kevry smiles at her encouragingly. "I will. You won't lose yourself, Mariko. You are still yourself, whatever happens."

AmberVael
2009-06-05, 12:19 PM
Lydia

Lydia smiles and lays down on the dock, waiting for the others to show up.

Jacklu
2009-06-05, 12:23 PM
Shiva

Shiva starts leading them towards where she is certain Mariko is hiding. She notes Sarah's frown with a bit of worry. Had she done something to make her angry? She was the one that had made that remarks about her eyes. What if... What if she complained to Mother? Would she go that far to put Shiva down? Shiva squeezes her teddy bear tighter. If you want, Aeriel, I... I could help you tidy up a little after we talk with Mother. There. An olive branch of sorts. Now Sarah has nothing on her. If anything, complaining would only make Sarah look bad.

Guancyto
2009-06-05, 12:28 PM
Sarah

The cyborg smiles, heedless of Shiva's troubles. "See? No reason you have to go it alone, Aer. We're in this together."

Together. Because there was nothing worse than being alone.

Neon Knight
2009-06-05, 12:34 PM
Mariko gave a little sigh, then slowly climbed down from the ledge. She looked up mutely at Kevry, resigned.

___

Kimiko just grinned. "Oh, you'll see."

"Hi everyone!" Two girls came down the path, one in the lead and skipping merrily, the other apparently carrying everything the two had brought with them.

The one in the lead was Tsubame, wearing a white two piece and waving merrily. Her pink ribbon was in its usual spot on her upper arm, and it fluttered a bit as it caught a breeze.

Coming up behind her in an unflattering navy blue one piece, balancing two towels, a basket with supplemental foodstuffs for lunch, was Chika. Her shoulder length hair was in a bit of disarray as she walked after Tsubame onto the pier.

Wiz
2009-06-05, 12:41 PM

Kotomi waves at the newcomers from the water, "Hey... Tsubame... Chika! The water's great!" She leans whispers to Kimiko, "You'd better be careful... startiling me awake might cause me to act out some kind of unconcious fantasy... and I sleep in the nude..."

Affection: [roll0] x 3 = 12 to see if I can see signs of a relationship between Tsubame and Chika.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-05, 12:46 PM
Kiku

Kiku waves to the pair. Right. Now everyone's here. Are we eating yet? Kiku asks, eager to finish lunch so that everyone could compliment her cookies.

AmberVael
2009-06-05, 01:00 PM
Lydia

Lydia waves to the two, beaming at them as she gets up and moves over to greet them.
"Oh wow, you're loaded."
Says Lydia, grinning at Chika.
"Here, let me help you with some of that."
She'll reach for the basket, and rather than setting it down, look inside for anything tasty, a mischievous little smile on her face.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-05, 01:00 PM

Thanks. Aeriel gives the two a smile.

Why are they being so friendly? Just because I like to keep things a little tidy....

Guancyto
2009-06-05, 01:15 PM
Sarah

Sarah doesn't hear the internal monologue, of course, but she has been a little warmer than usual. It's probably creeping at least one of them out. "It's..." she stumbles over her thoughts a bit, trying to come up with an explanation, "It's like Mariko, a little. Like if there were someone else that could synchronize with Mother, too, so if she were ill or out of sorts there would be someone else that could do it. Like if you fall down, there's someone there to catch you. So if you aren't doing it, you don't have to worry it won't get done. You know what I mean?"

Not everyone is as comfortable in this place as she is. Maybe she can help with that.

Neon Knight
2009-06-05, 01:33 PM
"Yeah, we can eat." Chika set everything she was carrying down on the docks before going over to Lydia. "Go ahead and have a little."

Tsubame followed Chika. Tsubame was very close to being Chika's shadow. Chika didn't seem to treat her all that differently from the rest of her friends, but Tsubame was certainly different with Chika than with anyone else.

Kimiko just laugh at Kotomi and swam over to the pier, pulling herself up onto it to eat.

AmberVael
2009-06-05, 01:36 PM
Lydia

"Aww. It's less fun when I have permission."
Says Lydia, though she's still smiling as she takes a seat on the dock.

Murska
2009-06-05, 01:39 PM
Kevry

Kevry heard the others approaching. She positioned herself near a wall, without making it obvious she was on her guard and lowered the visor of her helmet to cover her eyes. "And here they come..."

Lex-Kat
2009-06-05, 01:44 PM

I guess so... But I like to clean. It makes me happy to think that mother appreciates it. Aeriel frowns slightly. Otherwise, I'm not special like you two.

Cunning to convince them of her sincerity: 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6224755&postcount=6)

Wiz
2009-06-05, 01:46 PM

Kotomi swims over to the pier and joins the others. "So... what all do we have?"

Guancyto
2009-06-05, 01:56 PM
Sarah

(Sarah isn't especially suspicious of her companions, so an 8 should do it np.)

Sarah bursts into the little alcove first, preserving the order of Mariko-finding even if the other two are only a few steps behind her. It's good to hear Aeriel's fitting in a little better now, she thinks.

"Kevry, on top of things as usual," she gives a mock salute to the powersuit. And presumably to the woman inside. Turning to the girl in a nightgown, she asks, "Mariko, how are you feeling?"

Murska
2009-06-05, 02:25 PM
Kevry

"You all got the same message, I assume. Any guesses as to the reason?" Kevry's voice is calm as usual. The others don't really know much about her, she just seems to be around, often where they didn't think anyone would be. And always in her suit.

Neon Knight
2009-06-05, 07:12 PM
Mariko shied behind Kevry, obviously not eager to talk to any of the others. "F-fine."

___

The answer to Kotomi's question was: A lot. Shiori had brought a large homemade bento, Kimiko had brought lots of pop and junk food, Tsubame and Chika's basket had all sorts of things in it, and they had Kiku's cookies.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-05, 07:14 PM
Kiku

Kiku sat down, and began to eat some of the junk food. Kiku has a huge sweet tooth.

Guancyto
2009-06-05, 07:21 PM
Sarah

"Not a clue," there's a little clink as Sarah shrugs her shoulders. One of the servos must have developed a stutter; she'd have to get it looked at later. "Must be important. She wouldn't..." she glances uncomfortably at Mariko, "you know, if it weren't, would she?"

Jacklu
2009-06-05, 09:01 PM
Shiva

(Shiva is a bit distrusting of the others, but Aeriel was saying exactly what she expected to hear, so an 8 should convince her just fine)

Shiva glances at Kevry. Speaking of distrust. Shiva dislikes anyone that she doesn't think she has an edge over. Kevry falls right into that category. She is far to secretive and sneaky for Shiva's liking. And that armor... Only somebody with something to hide would spend all their time in armor like that. First on the scene as usual, Kevry. It must be nice getting to spend all your time wandering around to all the little, dark, secretive places on the ship. She smiles warmly, letting the smile hide her disdain for the woman.

(cunning to try and hide her dislike of Kevry from said armor suited woman 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6227413&postcount=7))

She looks at Mariko and smiles sincerely. Hi Mariko. Sure is going to be an exciting day, isn't it? She sounds warm enough. She really doesn't see what being used by Mother does to Mariko. That, or she thinks the honor of being her body far outweighs the momentary pain it causes.

Wiz
2009-06-05, 10:02 PM

Kotomi eats as healthy as the fare allows, and seems to be staring off, thinking.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-06, 01:14 AM

Ah. Hello Mariko. Shou sent us to find you.

For a brief moment, there is a look of sadness on Aeriel's face. I guess we should hurry along now. I have places to clean and stuff. She reaches out to grab Mariko's arm.

Murska
2009-06-06, 08:11 AM
Kevry

Kevry 'accidentally' steps in front of Aeriel's arm, the step bringing her to the side of Mariko. "Indeed, I know the ship. I wonder if anyone else is coming. Shou was... well, like he always is."

She looks at the arrivals carefully. She knows them all, of course, but isn't familiar with any of them. She examines Aeriel for a moment, but spends more time looking at Shiva. Something about her made Kevry uncomfortable...

Cunning against Jacklu's: 30. Again. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6229753&postcount=8) :smalleek:

Lex-Kat
2009-06-06, 10:00 AM

Aeriel frowns at Kevry. How rude!

Murska
2009-06-06, 10:06 AM
Kevry

The powersuit's head turns slightly toward Aeriel.
"Hm?"

Lex-Kat
2009-06-06, 10:22 AM

You stepped between Mariko and me. You could have at least said sorry. She turns away from Kevry, rubbing her slightly sore hand.

Guancyto
2009-06-06, 10:29 AM
Sarah

"Easy," Sarah hated the little conflicts that sometimes went on down here. "I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it. Right?" She gives a long look at the powersuit's head, as if daring it to contradict her.

Neon Knight
2009-06-06, 10:42 AM
Chika sat down next to Kotomi (and Tsubame sat down on Chika's other side.) "What's up?" Chika looked at Kotomi curiously.

___

Mariko looked sullen and upset behind Kevry, not answering Shiva's prompt.

Murska
2009-06-06, 10:45 AM
Kevry

The powersuit betrays no emotion. "I did? Sorry, sorry." 5. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6230501&postcount=9)

She then turns her head back towards the entrance and the other two. "Anyway. Should we assume we're all here?"

Lex-Kat
2009-06-06, 10:55 AM

Aeirel smiles at the apology. Okay.

She looks slightly confused about Kevry's question. Who else would there be? Shou?

Guancyto
2009-06-06, 11:04 AM
Sarah

The cyborg tilts her head to the side, "shwuh?" It would be odd to have another crew member that she had never seen, heard or heard of, but probably not impossible. "Well, I didn't see anyone else coming down here while I was looking before. They'd have to be invisible for me to not notice them, so I guess it's just us."

Wiz
2009-06-06, 12:06 PM

Kotomi smiles, "Secret thoughts... want to hear them?"

Neon Knight
2009-06-06, 12:09 PM
"Secret from who?" Chika nodded, leaning a bit closer. Tsubame was listening as well.

Jacklu
2009-06-06, 12:15 PM
Shiva

Shiva looks at Kevry as well. Did she know something the others didn't? Very suspicious. Shiva doesn't like the way Kevry seems to be blocking Mariko either. She pets her teddy instinctively. Unless you know something we don't, Kevry, everyone is here but Shou.

Wiz
2009-06-06, 12:18 PM

Kotomi giggles, "Well, they're my thoughts... so secret frome everyone but me... for the moment!"

Lex-Kat
2009-06-06, 12:19 PM

Come on girls. Let's take Mariko back to Shou, before we get punished for just standing around.

Murska
2009-06-06, 12:22 PM
Kevry

The suit turns towards Mariko and offers her a hand. "Yes, we have to go."

Neon Knight
2009-06-06, 12:26 PM
Chika looked at Kotomi. "So...?"

___

Mariko sighed resignedly and took Kevry's hand.

Guancyto
2009-06-06, 12:28 PM
Sarah

In the back of her mind, Sarah wonders what went on before she and the other two arrived. Oh well, she considers, it's only natural for Kevry to be protective of her. After all, she is the most fragile vessel Mother has.

"Let's!" Sarah punches a fist into the air and sets off, "I hope it isn't too urgent. We've spent a lot of time chatting already."

Jacklu
2009-06-06, 12:40 PM
Shiva

Shiva looks at Sarah and Aeriel. They were both right. They had certainly wasted a lot of time, and Mother was sure to be displeased. Could she somehow turn the blame away from herself? Pin it on somebody else. Aeriel had certainly wasted the most time with her senseless cleaning. Would it be a good idea to so quickly turn on her? Shiva continues to pet her teddy bear. No, she was best served keeping the others on her side for now, lest one of them complain to Mother about her. I'm sure Mother will understand what took us so long. But it would be best not to dawdle now that we have found Mariko.

Murska
2009-06-06, 01:00 PM
Kevry

Kevry squeezes Mariko's hand slightly, and then leads her outside past the others, naturally expecting them to follow. She heads for the more commonly travelled parts of the ship.

Neon Knight
2009-06-06, 01:22 PM
Chika jerked in surprise and looked at Kotomi with a shocked innocence that was a pretty stringent mark against what Kotomi suggested.

Tsubame looked between the two, confused.

___

Ah, good. You've found her.

The Mother's voice sounded from a nearby comm relay.

Take Mariko to the commons.

Wiz
2009-06-06, 01:24 PM

Kotomi shrugs, "I guess I was wrong..."

Neon Knight
2009-06-06, 01:27 PM
"About what? Chika... You two are doing that mental thing, right?" Tsubame pouted. "I hate it when you do that."

Chika was still quiet, apparently too upset or jarred to respond to that.

Murska
2009-06-06, 01:28 PM
Kevry heads to the Commons with Mariko, then, leading the group confidently.

Wiz
2009-06-06, 01:35 PM

Kotomi smiles, "You caught me, Tsubame... sorry." She looks at Chika, and suddenly blushes... wondering if she sent more thoughts than she planned to.

Guancyto
2009-06-06, 01:42 PM
Sarah

Sarah follows in second position, stealing a glance at her companions from time to time. There was nothing Mariko could do here and now, but if she froze up she might end up hurt. How precise was that suit of armor, anyway?

She takes Mariko's other hand with her good hand, the one that was still fleshy, and smiles reassuringly.

(Affection! Just being nice. A ten (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6231469&postcount=12).)

AmberVael
2009-06-06, 01:57 PM
Lydia

Lydia watches the three, then smirks a little as she plops down onto the dock next to them, dropping off her post and getting a little bit of food out of the picnic basket.
"Hey now, it's not nice to be passing secrets in front of everyone else."

Neon Knight
2009-06-06, 02:32 PM
Sarah's gesture might have bee nice... if Mariko wasn't about to undergo a procedure that, in all likelihood, would wipe all memory of it from her.

___

Chika was looking at Kotomi, her expression confused. Tsubame stood up, tugging Chika up with her. "Come on, we haven't even gotten wet yet!" Giggling, Tsubame jumped into the water, dragging Chika with her.

Wiz
2009-06-06, 02:35 PM

Kotomi goes to the edge of the pier and sits, watching Chika and Tsubame swimming.

AmberVael
2009-06-06, 02:45 PM
Lydia

Lydia creeps over to Kotomi's side.
"What did you say to her?"
She whispers curiously.

Guancyto
2009-06-06, 02:49 PM
Sarah

This was acceptable, and not the first time. Snippets remained, on occasion, before the next synchronization wiped them away. The others would remember.

At very least, if they ever picked up a film director, she could be said to save her strength for Mother's enemies, she joked to herself.

Wiz
2009-06-06, 02:55 PM

Kotomi shrugs, "It's not important... it was a mistaken impression on my part, and totally untrue."

Cunning: [roll0] - if you resist the lie, you'll realize it's not actually a lie, but theres a worry underneath that she may have revealed something to Chika that she didn't mean/want to...

AmberVael
2009-06-06, 03:01 PM
Lydia

"Oh come, Kotomi. You can't just make everything all awkward and then leave everyone in the dark."
Lydia insists.

25 cunning (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6231894&postcount=13)

Neon Knight
2009-06-06, 05:22 PM
In the commons, a metal chair sat in the center of the room. The Mother had it specially constructed for this purpose; the materials it was composed of aided in the syncing process. It looked kind of like an electrical chair, with a metal dome that went on Mariko's head and straps on the arms of the chair.

Put Mariko in the chair.

___

Shiori and Kimiko watched Tsubame splash around and lead Chika about, trying to get her into the spirit of the festivities. Chika kept looking over at Kotomi, with a new expression every time. Concern. Anxiety. Confusion.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-06, 05:23 PM
Kiku

Kiku jumps back into the water. She swims around once more.

Murska
2009-06-06, 05:28 PM
Kevry

Kevry leads Mariko into the room, then stops to wait for everyone else to get in. She gives her hand one last squeeze, looking at the chair and not at her. "Right. Sit there, would you?" Her voice isn't cold, it's just calm and slightly... for a lack of a better word, comforting.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-06, 09:57 PM

Aeriel followed obediently into the room. She watched as Mariko was strapped in.

As was normal, she looked almost through Mariko. She thought of all the beautiful places, all the adventures, all the romances she'd read about. Anything to get her mind off what was about to happen. And prayed that she wouldn't be the next one to sit in the chair.

Jacklu
2009-06-06, 10:06 PM
Shiva

Shiva follows the others to the common room. She looks at the chair in the center. Despite how she feels about Mariko and Mother, that chair always manages to make her feel uncomfortable. She pets her teddy bear a little more forcefully as Mariko is sat down in it.

Wiz
2009-06-07, 12:55 AM

Kotomi sighs, looking at Lydia, "Look... what I thought about Chika was wrong... it was a mistake. One thing I've found though, is if you speak an untruth it can spread just as fast as a truth... I'd rather not say what I said to her... obviously it upset her though, I'd rather the upset didn't spread by telling people about my stupid speculations that were wrong."

Guancyto
2009-06-07, 01:21 AM
Sarah

Sarah steps into the room as well. The air is heavy with anticipation, she thinks. Soon they would be off, maybe.

She sort of hoped this wasn't for another tea party.

AmberVael
2009-06-07, 09:19 AM
Lydia

Lydia sighs, finally looking a little more serious.
"I guess I really shouldn't press you more. Keep your secret then- but remember, just because we can't hear what was said doesn't mean what you say is private. Emotion and body language say plenty as well...
"If you want to talk to someone privately, do it in private, not in front of everyone in their heads. It's more respectful of everyone."

Neon Knight
2009-06-07, 05:42 PM
Mariko is sat down in the chair and restrained; this is necessary even if she is willing, as the process is rather... painful.

There isn't a big light show, or arcs of electricity, or screams from Mariko. It all takes place inside of Mariko's head, a brief mental struggle in which The Mother's massive presence crushes Mariko's like an ant underfoot. Tears stream down the girl's face briefly before she sits up brightly in the restraints.

"I have control. You can untie me."

Murska
2009-06-07, 05:46 PM
Kevry

Kevry unties her quickly, stepping back to her position near a wall afterwards.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-07, 05:47 PM
Kiku

Kiku dives underwater, blissfully unaware that anything had gone on between anyone. She looks around for anything interesting.

Wiz
2009-06-07, 05:47 PM

Kotomi nods to Lydia, then stands and goes to the edge of the pier, diving in and swimming out to try and clear her head with physical exertion.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-07, 05:57 PM

Aeriel wipes away a single tear. But otherwise stands straight.

Neon Knight
2009-06-07, 06:01 PM
The Mother stood up, briefly looking at Mariko's hands before looking at her children. "So are you all ready to get a new sister?" She asked the question as if it were rhetorical.

___

The lake is very lakey. That might be considered interesting to some people, but maybe not Kiku.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-07, 06:02 PM
Kiku

She looks for some fish. To possibly eat.

[roll0]

Murska
2009-06-07, 06:30 PM
Kevry

"Of course, very much so. It's always nice to meet new friends." Her voice is still calm, the head of the suit following Mother.

"What is she like?"

AmberVael
2009-06-07, 06:35 PM
Lydia

Lydia prepares herself a nice little lunch and begins eating it happily.
Mmm. Sandwich.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-07, 06:37 PM

Yes Mother. Aeriel says proudly.

No mother. she thinks to herself.

Guancyto
2009-06-07, 06:38 PM
Sarah

"Oh, I had hoped so. Is she fun?" Sarah asks.

Jacklu
2009-06-07, 08:51 PM
Shiva

Shiva stands at attention as Mother takes over Mariko. When she mentions a new sister, Shiva is both happy and sad. A new sister was always an exciting occurrence, especially because it gave Shiva a chance to show how skilled she was. On the other hand, a new sister was another rival competing for Mother's love. She smiles anyways. A new sister? This is very exciting.

Neon Knight
2009-06-07, 09:49 PM
The Mariko Mother smiled. "Her name is Chika. She's a girl in Japan. Bright, cheerful, loyal to her friends. A very nice girl. She'll make a perfect daughter." A viewscreen on the commons flickered to life, displaying the scene at the lake. The viewscreen zoomed in one Chika, pulling herself onto the pier.

___

While looking for fish, something silverish darted in the deep water near Kiku. But it must have been a trick of the sun. It was too large to be anything this lake could support.

Chika pulled herself onto the pier, Tsubame swimming nearby and protesting. "Aw, come on! You've barely been in for 5 minutes!"

AmberVael
2009-06-07, 09:57 PM
Lydia

"The water's good, but the food is irresistible!"
Chimes in Lydia, waving her sandwich as if in demonstration.
"Chika probably just knows where the good stuff is. Right Chika?"
Lydia grins at Chika.

Wiz
2009-06-07, 10:01 PM

Kotomi surfaces some distance away and hears Tsubame. Seeing Chika out of the water so soon makes her wonder.

Is she avoiding me... oh no... did she pick up that other thought?

Neon Knight
2009-06-07, 10:02 PM
Chika smiled half-heatedly at Lydia. "Y-yeah."

Tsubame frowned at both of them.

Kimiko was lounging in the sun, drying off. Shiori was back in her book again. She'd gotten into the water and swam at some point.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-07, 10:04 PM
Kiku

Kiku chases after silver thingy.

[roll0]

AmberVael
2009-06-07, 10:05 PM
Lydia

Lydia returns her attention to her sandwich, but quietly whispers to Chika.
"You okay?"

Neon Knight
2009-06-07, 10:06 PM
"I'm fine." Chika glanced to the side.

Guancyto
2009-06-07, 10:15 PM
Sarah

"She's cute. I can't wait to meet her," Sarah smiled brightly.

It was this sort of thing that kept her from feeling as sorry for Mariko as she could. Every time she would... this, something good ended up happening.

"Who are the other ones around her?" she was curious. Maybe Mother could take some of them, too.

Neon Knight
2009-06-07, 10:24 PM
Mariko Mother smiled. "Those are her friends, most of which are unsuitable. But look here."

The camera zoomed in on Lydia, who they all recognized. After Shou, Lydia was the favorite child, given autonomy and a special purpose. She became the friend of a child soon to be adopted, helping them through the transition from independent being to smothered child of the Mother.

"Lydia will be of great help in getting Chika to us."

AmberVael
2009-06-07, 10:27 PM
Lydia

The girl in question reaches out to gently tap Chika on the cheek.
"Then cheer up. We're having a picnic in the summer out under the sun, with no one to tell us what to do but ourselves. Enjoy yourself."
She grins, trying to make Chika a little happier.

((Affection to help her get happier, I guess? [roll0]))

Jacklu
2009-06-07, 10:39 PM
Shiva

Shiva takes in Chika for a moment. She decides that this new soon to be daughter is harmless looking enough. As the view shifts to Lydia she stiffens reflexively. Lydia has everything that Shiva wants and desires. She is favored by mother over everyone but Shou, perhaps more in that she is free to go and find hew daughters for Mother. For Shiva, Lydia is everything that stands in her way of being Mother's favorite child. Shiva forces herself to shift focus onto something else before her dislike of Lydia bleeds through her smile. Chi-ka. I like that name. When do we get to meet her? She turns to look at Mariko/Mother.

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 08:40 AM
Meanwhile, Kiku saw the silver thing streak into the deepest part of the lake...

Hey. Was it just Kiku's imagination, or was the water over there stirring, as if some great bulk was moving...?

Chika smiled a bit more authentically at Lydia.

___

Mariko Mother smiled. "Soon. Very soon. I will send you down tomorrow to meet her."

Murska
2009-06-08, 08:53 AM
Kevry

Kevry quietly examines the view, sparing quick glances for the other girls but looking at Chika for longer. This was to be the newest victim on the ship. It didn't look that promising from the outside, but you usually couldn't judge someone by the cover. It was possible she'd be the key to getting rid of this ship, and Kevry was going to be ready for any opportunity.

Lydia, on the other hand... was more of an obstacle.

"Tomorrow, then. What's the plan?"

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 09:23 AM
Lydia

"That's the spirit!"
Says Lydia cheerfully, going to attack Kiku's cookies, offering a few to Chika.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-08, 10:55 AM

Are we all going down, Mother, or just Shiva?

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 11:50 AM
Chika took a cookie and nibbled at it as she looked out over the lake.

___

Mariko Mother smiled. "You'll all go down. Chika's friends won't give her up easily. Oh, wait, I forgot. I'm going to have Shou stay behind to keep me company."

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 12:14 PM
Lydia

Lydia leans back on the dock and looks up at the sky, smiling happily.
"Don't you think it would be fun to fly, Chika? Not just in a plane, or like superman or something- to go way up to where only the rocket ships and satellites are; to see the stars glittering in the black of space..."
She wounds wistful, getting more poetic and daydreamy as she goes on.

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 12:38 PM
Chika glanced at the sky, then looked at Lydia. "I guess..."

Guancyto
2009-06-08, 12:50 PM
Sarah

Sarah bit her lip as she looked at Lydia. She envied the girl, though not quite for the same reasons as Shiva. She was so... assured of Mother's affection that she could go for a long time without it. Months, or even years. Sarah didn't know how she managed it.

She appraised the rest of the girls in the scene. They would be the obstacles; she had better get a good idea of their capabilities.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-08, 12:56 PM

I wonder why they wouldn't just let her go willingly? Don't they realize how happy Chika would be with you?

Aeriel watches Chika and Lydia. If only I could gain Mother's trust as she has. She thinks.

Wiz
2009-06-08, 01:03 PM

Kotomi makes up her mind and swims back to the dock. She climbs up and drys off with a towel. Then she goes over to Chika and leans down, "Do you mind if we go away a little and talk?" She looks at Lydia and smiles, "Lydia reminded me it was rude to use my powers like that in company, but I'd like to talk to you privately, if that's okay."

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 01:11 PM
"Aw, come on!" Tsubame pulled herself up onto the pier. "Can't it wait? You already talked to her. Thought to her. Whatever."

Wiz
2009-06-08, 01:32 PM

Kotomi smiles at Tsubame, "As I just said, Lydia pointed out that that was kind of rude to do, sorry, I won't keep her away for too long." She looks at Chika, "Do you mind?"

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 01:35 PM
"N-no." Chika got to her feet.

"Oh, all right." Tsubame sat down next to Lydia.

Wiz
2009-06-08, 01:43 PM

Kotomi leads Chika away a bit... into some trees. For privacy's sake she will send out a telepathic field to warn her of the approach of another sentient mind. There's nothing visible to indicate the field, but any of the ribbon defenders would be aware of this trick Osu sometimes uses, and with a high enough will roll to beat hers, they might be able to control their thoughts enough not to trigger her awareness.

Will: [roll0]

Once she thinks they are apart enough that nobody can listen in, she looks at Chika seriously. "I'm sorry if I offended you... thinking you and Tsubame might be... or did I do somthing else that distressed you."

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 01:44 PM
Lydia

Lydia gives a little sigh, looking at Kotomi with a rather resigned gaze. She doubted this would end well- Kotomi was probably going to mess up what little she had done to cheer Chika up. Great.
Not that Tsubame helped either. Really- those two were both just making it awkward.

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 01:48 PM
Chika looked uncomfortable, wringing her hands as she tried to meet Kotomi's gaze. "Kotomi... listen, it was just a bit startling. I... don't really think about anyone that way."

She took a deep breath and rallied herself. "Listen. I don't want this to change anything between us. We're still friends."

Wiz
2009-06-08, 01:54 PM

Kotomi sighs, "You did catch that other thought... Chika... I'm so sorry. I can't help how I feel, but you should know I don't want to lose your friendship either. I can't help feeling toward you the way I do... but I would never expect you to reciprocate those feelings. That's why I never said anything." She blinks her eyes and turns away, "I just hope you don't... hate me... because... I..."

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 02:19 PM
Chika stepped forward. "W-wait, Kotomi, I don't hate you. You're my friend. L-look, just calm down. Everything's going to be alright. I'll... We'll just go on like we did before, and nothing will change. Okay?"

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 02:25 PM
Lydia

Lydia gets up and goes swimming, trying to get her mind off of the awkwardness that was pervading the picnic.

Wiz
2009-06-08, 02:33 PM

Kotomi nods, "I'm sorry... I mean, all you guys know I put up this big front of being that way... I sort of guess it was supposed to misdirect you. You would know that I liked girls... but the fact I flirt around with everyone would keep you from knowing I liked... you." She sighs, "I'm sorry I put that on you, Chika; for me - a slip of the mind is - the fault of the mind." She wipes an errant tear from each eye and smiles bravely. "I'm glad we can still be friends, it means more to me than anything in the world."

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 02:34 PM
Kiku

Kiku comes up for air, right near Lydia. She's smiling.

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 02:36 PM
Lydia

"Hey Kiku! You should probably eat lunch before it's all gone."
Lydia says, winking at her.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 02:39 PM
Kiku

I'm fine. I ate a lot of the cookies before I came. Apparently the demerit rule doesn't apply to herself. The ones that were shaped funny.

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 02:43 PM
Lydia

Lydia laughs at that.
"Oh I get it- you don't want to admit you make imperfect cookies. You're hiding the evidence!"
She pokes at Kiku.
"And spoiling your appetite. Silly little hypocrite."
Her tone is good-natured, and she treads water nearby as she grins at Kiku.

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 02:45 PM
Chika smiled at Kotomi. "See? Everything's fine. Let's go back to the others and have fun."

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 02:46 PM
Kiku

The chef is allowed to do whatever she wants with her cookies, the rules don't apply to me. She says, sticking out her tongue at Lydia.

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 02:48 PM
Lydia

"Well then I'm the mischief maker and I can do whatever I want!"
Asserts Lydia, swiftly reaching out to tickle Kiku.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 02:49 PM
Kiku

Kiku laughs. Unle- ss you he- t caug-ht. She says, in between laughs.

Wiz
2009-06-08, 02:55 PM

Kotomi smiles and nods, "Bet you your share of Kiku's cookies that I can beat you back there!"

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 02:57 PM
Lydia

"No- unless I'm stopped. There's a big difference."
Lydia says, grinning widely as she withdraws her fingers. She waves one at Kiku.
"I can get caught at something and still manage to do it. Like eating your cookies."

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 02:58 PM
Kiku

Then I suppose I better take preemptive action! Kiku says, leaping at her and trying to pull her under the water jokingly.

[roll0]

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 03:03 PM
Lydia

Lydia gives a slight yelp before getting tugged under the water. She'll struggle back to the surface to gasp at air, mock glaring at Kiku.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 03:05 PM
Kiku

Kiku responds to the mock glare... Mockingly. How appropriate. Oh c'mon. You've down worse!

Jacklu
2009-06-08, 03:05 PM
Shiva

What else do you know about her? Shiva looks back at the viewscreen.

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 03:07 PM
Lydia

Sploosh!

Lydia sends a big wave of water at Kiku and scoots backwards, swimming away from her, grinning widely.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 03:10 PM
Kiku

Kiku swims after her. Case in point!

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 03:13 PM
Lydia

Lydia laughs as she quickly pulls herself back up onto the dock and picks up Kiku's cookies.
"Hah! I have a hostage now!"

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 03:13 PM
Chika smiled. "Lydia's probably eaten them all by now. But you're on!"

___

Mother Mariko smiled. "Chika has a strange power, and she feels compelled to use it to protect others. Some of her friends also have powers."

Murska
2009-06-08, 03:14 PM
Kevry

Kevry looks at Mother, hearing this. "What kind of powers?"

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 03:15 PM
Kiku

Kiku jumps onto the docks, then falls to her knees. Nooooooooo! She exclaims, fists looking to the sky.

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 03:30 PM
Lydia

"Muhahahaha!"
Lydia cackles like a B-movie villain.
"Now meet my demands or the cookies get it!"

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 03:31 PM
Kiku

Demands?

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 03:33 PM
Mother Mariko smiled at Shiva. "Oh, why tell you when I can get them to demonstrate for you, dearie?"

"I sent down a drone into the lake. I'll activate it, and it will attack them. They'll defeat it, of course, but the data should allow us to measure their capabilities."

Mother Mariko waved at them. "Now I want all of you to head down to the holo-deck where Shou is waiting. We're going to run a training simulation just as soon as the drone gets enough data."

___

A massive pillar of water shot up from the deep end of the lake, as something metallic and silver rose from the water...

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 03:35 PM
Lydia

"Well I was thinking..."
And then the thing erupts out of the water behind her.
"AUGH!"
Even knowing what it was, Lydia freaked. Having it creep up on her like that was not fun.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 03:40 PM
Kiku

I knew I saw something earlier! Kiku says, standing up.

Wiz
2009-06-08, 03:46 PM

Kotomi pauses, halfway to the cookies and points, "Chika, look!"

Jacklu
2009-06-08, 04:08 PM
Shiva

Shiva looks at Mother. She would rather stay and observe but... I'll head there now then. She heads for the door, pausing to look back to see if the others are following.

Murska
2009-06-08, 04:12 PM
Kevry

Kevry gives the screen one last glance and then follows Shiva.

Guancyto
2009-06-08, 04:16 PM
Sarah

Sarah nods and follows after Shiva. While she'd like to stay, beating the tar out of simulations matching the girls' abilities would be more satisfying than watching them beat the tar out of a helpless drone.

Poor drone.

Jacklu
2009-06-08, 04:56 PM
Shiva

Shiva turns and continues for the Holo deck. So, what do you think of her? The new girl that is.

Murska
2009-06-08, 05:02 PM
Kevry

"We'll see. It's not like we have much data to go on."

Guancyto
2009-06-08, 05:39 PM
Sarah

"She should be interesting," Sarah answers, "we all have something special about us. I'm looking forward to finding out what her something is."

Lex-Kat
2009-06-08, 06:55 PM

Aeriel silently follows.

Jacklu
2009-06-08, 07:10 PM
Shiva

Shiva nods in agreement with Sarah. She too wants to see what makes this new girl special. She is a bit worried as well though. What if she is so special that she becomes one of Mother's favored children? Shiva doesn't want another block between her and Mother's affections.

Neon Knight
2009-06-08, 07:56 PM
As the water settled, the drone was revealed in all its glory.

It was Robo-Nessie!

A long, gleaming metallic neck rose out of the water, connected to the main body of the drone still below the water. The head end was a crude looking metal box with little in the way of discernible anatomy but with the overall profile of a reptilian snout.

The neck fell, the head dropping like a hammer, just barely missing Lydia, hitting the water with a loud splash. Lydia knew the drone wouldn't hurt it, but it was cutting it awfully close. Must need recalibration.

"It's attacking Lydia!" Chika's face grew determined. She closed her eyes, and then was suddenly enveloped in a flash of light.

When it receded, the swimsuit was gone; Chika was dressed in the delightfully frilly costume of a defender of love.

Chika's hands began to glow as readied an energy blast to attack Robo-Nessie.

Robotic Lake Monster: [roll0] x3.

Chika: [roll1] x3.

___

The holodeck had a screen displaying all the information from the drone, including a video feed.

The Mother's voice, now back in the ship, sounded on the deck. The holodeck will generate simulations of each girl as they attack the drone.

Shou was already on the holodeck in a black, tight fitting nano-suit, wielding a pair of butterfly swords.

Attacks rolls form everyone on the holodeck.

Shou: [roll2] x5.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-08, 08:09 PM
Kiku

Kiku casts a spell, replacing her swimsuit with her regular outfit. Not quite as flashy or magical girly, but wet bathing suits are annoying. Her small raven wings shoot out from her back as she ascends. She pulls a book of spells out from... somewhere.

She mumbles something nonsensical and points a finger at Robo-nessie. Hoping for some randomly good magic.

[roll0]

AmberVael
2009-06-08, 08:21 PM
Lydia

Lydia had powers of her own, and might even be able to destroy the drone if she wanted to... but she had taken care to hide her powers thus far, and wasn't about to ruin that just to destroy something that wasn't going to hurt her. Hopefully.

Maybe Shou messed with it. Seems like something he'd do. Arrogant little git.

She swiftly backs away from the drone, scampering off as if she were really a powerless little girl.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-08, 08:33 PM

Aeriel sees some dirt upon entering the holodeck, and almost starts to clean it.

When the fighting begins, she throws three Kunai at once.

EDIT: At Holo-Lydia, I guess. :smallbiggrin:

Skill to throw 3 at once: 6 + 3 = 9 (Hard Work pays off. :smalltongue:)
Athletics to hit with the 1st: 6
Athletics to hit with the 2nd: 6
Athletics to hit with the 3rd: 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6248341&postcount=14)

Guancyto
2009-06-08, 08:39 PM
Sarah

A flyer, how funny. She'd see how the bird did with broken wings! Sarah takes a running jump into the air to bring down the holo-raven (and her little book, too!).

(Athletics: Fifteen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6248395&postcount=15).)

Murska
2009-06-08, 08:43 PM
Kevry

As Kevry enters the holodeck, she positions herself tactically so she can use her weaponry efficiently while giving her enough room to maneuver or retreat as necessary.

As enemies appear, she'll start off with bursts of submachinegun fire in order to, if not kill, then at least force the opponents to back off from her while limiting their mobility.

Cunning - 25
Skill - 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6248428&postcount=16)

Wiz
2009-06-08, 10:29 PM

Kotomi is suddenly surrounded by a miniature whirlwind of telekintic force, lifting the leaves from the ground and blocking clear sight to the girl with a flurry of photosynthetic fronds. Her telekinesis quickly unravels her swimsuit and towel, reweaving it into the costume of Osu. She suddenly flies up out of the whirlwind of leaves, rising up over the lake. She gestures and lifts Lydia up to her, and out of harm's way. "Nice day for flying, isn't it!"

Jacklu
2009-06-09, 11:43 AM
Shiva

Shiva gets herself ready, looking for targets as they appear. As soon as she finds one she closes her eyes and opens them slowly, letting beams of destructive light and energy spills forth to blast her target.(Skill to aim and fire eye lasers 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6252159&postcount=17))

AmberVael
2009-06-09, 12:05 PM
Lydia

"Don't worry about me- help the others!"
Says Lydia quickly, trying to get used to hovering in the air. She shivers a little as she looks at the ground.

Wiz
2009-06-09, 12:28 PM

Kotomi smiles, "Helping you helps the others... otherwise someone will be trying to take you out of the line of fire or protecting you." She gestures and deposits Lydia a good distance away from the fight, hidden by a few trees. Once Lydia is safe she turns to robo nessie and telekinetically picks up a large boulder on the shore, tossing it at the machine with pure will.

Telekinetic Will: [roll0]

Neon Knight
2009-06-09, 05:16 PM
Shiori and Kimiko were abandoning the pier quickly, seeking shelter with Lydia in the trees. Tsubame was headed for Chika.

The robotic mockery of a famous cryptozooigical phenomenon batted aside Chika's energy blast, but was less successful in combating Kiku's spell, which was a random whirlwind of mishmashed elements which battered the blunt head and slender silver neck of the robotic monstrosity.

And then Kotomi picks up the largest rock around the lake and smashes the Robo-Nessie with it. The keening sound of rending metal fills the air as the metal neck and head collapses into the lake.

The drone assesses this, and then begins to prepare for the next round...

___

Meanwhile, holographic projections of a blasting Chika, a spellcasting Kiku, and a rock chucking Kotomi appear before each "child" in turn, giving them all a chance to face off against each attack.

Shou is first, and his technique is off. Chika, Kiku, and Kotomi all easily score hits on him. He growls in frustration as he watches the holograms appear before Ariel.

Calm yourself, my beloved son. Your mental focus is poor. Refocus yourself, and your next attempt will be better.

((I'm going to handle this by comparing each kunai roll against the opponent's roll separately.))

Simulated Chika's magical blast destroys the kunai easily. Simulated Kiku's random spell also proves too much for Ariel's attack. The same holds true for the simulated Kotomi thrown boulder.

An impressive trick. However, you need to adjust your throws to get past their defenses, and you must also look to your own.

Sarah was the first to be successful; she managed to evade the Chika blast and landed a hit on the holographic projection. Kiku and Kotomi both proved to be too much for her, however.

Well done, my child. ((OOC: Sarah gets [roll0] favor for holographic first blood!))

Kevry positioned herself well, but her actual shooting was rather poor.

Do not become so entrapped in maneuvering that you lose focus when it comes time to strike, my child.

When Shiva's turn came up, her eye laser overpowered Chika's own energy beam.

Excellent, my daughter.

But Kiku's spells and Kotomi's rock both managed to overwhelm her.

Murska
2009-06-09, 05:41 PM
Kevry

"Mm." Kevry accepts the comment although disagrees with it in her thoughts. After all, she'd have to have committed rather bad mistakes even to ever get into such a position in a fight, not to mention limiting the opponent is the best way to assess their capability when you do not necessarily want to give up your advantage of being unknown to the enemy yet.

Shades of Gray
2009-06-09, 05:50 PM
Kiku

Kiku points her finger at Robo-Nessie. And casts the first spell you generate from here. (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=spell)

[roll0]

Guancyto
2009-06-09, 05:52 PM
Sarah

"Thank you, Mother!" Sarah sprung up from the floor, grinning at the compliment. There was more to be done. The girls seemed content with a head-on attack; she wondered what would happen if she used one to shield herself from the others?

The rock-throwing one would do.

(Grabbing holo-Kotomi and putting her in the line of fire. 5 for the grab, 15 for the fire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6254933&postcount=19).)

Jacklu
2009-06-09, 07:41 PM
Shiva

Shiva beams at her Mother's praise. She is a little flustered by her holographic opponents' attacks. She clutches her teddy for luck and decides to try another tactic. She starts moving around to flank her targets, trying to put Kiku between her and Kotomi. She lets another beam fire. (Athletics for the manuvering skill for the fighting 12;10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6255649&postcount=20))

Murska
2009-06-09, 08:12 PM
Kevry

Kevry'll proceed with a grenade launched towards the next opponent, submachinegun burst preventing dodging to the side, and as the opponent retreats back, it gets caught into a grenade Kevry had launched there earlier, both explosions occurring at once, engulfing said foe in the blast.

Cunning - Tactics: 25
Skill - Aiming: 15
Cunning - Trap: 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6255844&postcount=21)

Neon Knight
2009-06-10, 01:38 PM
((Hey, Wiz, I know that technically there's nothing to attack, but could you go ahead and roll? Everyone else did.))

AmberVael
2009-06-10, 01:45 PM
Lydia

Lydia gets between the other two fleeing girls and the lake, deciding to protect them if she has to. She didn't know if they had powers, but she did, and she'd use them if needed.

Wiz
2009-06-10, 02:02 PM

Kotomi flys high above, ready to respond to the next appearance or any incoming attacks.

Telekinetic Response (Will): [roll0]

technically, everyone should get one attack roll per round... not three, not one plus a trap... one... and not the one roll that's best of the three, or I'm just going to start hitting everyone in the "room" with my telekinesis at once! ;)

Guancyto
2009-06-10, 02:15 PM
(OOC: I assume Neon Knight is more than capable of resolving these actions fairly, especially since we're just showing off at the moment. o_o)

Neon Knight
2009-06-10, 02:22 PM
((I need to come up with a system that allows people to do stuff like this. I like it that people are thinking and having fun with their descriptions, and I'd like to encourage that.))

Wiz
2009-06-10, 02:41 PM
ooc:

How about this, then...

You state your primary attack, and stat: "I'm using Will to throw a Telekinetic Boulder"

You state your secondary attack, and stat: "I'm using Cunning to maneuver them into a street where fresh asphalt will slow their movement." The only thing the secondary attack can do is add + numbers to the final result of the primary attack. If the enemy doesn't want to roll off on the second attack, just reduce the effect by dividing their cunning.

You state a tertiary attack, and stat: "I'm setting them up through my superior Skill in military tactics." The only thing the tertiary attack can do is add + numbers to the final result of the secondary attack.

And so on...

example:

Tertiary Skill: I roll a 10 on my Skill for military tactics... my enemy has a 3, and doesn't roll off against me, so I divide 10 by 3 and I get a +3 (round down) on my secondary attack.

Secondary Cunning: I roll a 12 on my Cunning for asphalt... my enemy has a cunning of 2. I add 3 to the 12 to make 15, divide by their 2 (if they don't roll against cunning), and then I get a +7 on my primary attack.

Primary Will: I roll a 24 on my will, I add 7, making 31 for my attack roll with the rock.

Murska
2009-06-10, 02:52 PM
((OOC: Besides, using 'cunning' for the actual attack instead of just a bonus to the attack seems odd, to me. But if I can't use that, I'm at a disadvantage in combat despite being capable of superior tactics.))

Wiz
2009-06-10, 03:12 PM
ooc:That was just an example... your main attack could be cunning, your secondary attack could be through something athletic, etc. etc. The idea is that if you want to do multiple rolls you can build up a bonus on your main attack... but it's still resolved by the main attack.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-10, 08:08 PM

Aeriel frowns at how lousy her last three Kunai flew. She knew she could do better. When not cleaing, this is all she'd done, is practice, practice, practice. Only perfection would be good enough.

She pulled out three more and threw them all at the nearest enemy. Then attempted to dodge the attacks of the other two.

Skill to throw her Kunai accurately. 15 + 3 = 18 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6263890&postcount=22)
Athletics to dodge any incoming attacks: 8 ([URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6263909&postcount=23)

Neon Knight
2009-06-13, 05:27 PM
The waters churn, and the main body of the drone emerges from the water, revealing...

HOLY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! Someone get Toho on the phone and get some lawyers down here to sue this lazy plagiarist GM! It's Mecha King Ghidorah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Ghidorah)!

From the perfect sphere of the drone's main body sprouts three robotic dragon heads, unleashing a groaning cry. The heads rear back and unleash blasts of golden lightning at Chika, Kotomi, and Kiku.

Tsubame runs up to Chika panting. Acting quickly, Chika grabs Tsubame and throws her clear of the incoming energy blast, but doesn't have time to escape herself. The lightning courses through her, and then there is an explosion and a cloud of smoke on the spot, obscuring the girl from view.

Kiku casts... Glowing Hand?

Screw that, Kiku casts SHINING FINGER!

Nah, let's save that one for later. Kiku actually casts Creator's Beams of Gold!

A massive beam of a golden hue to rival the oncoming lightning's sprang forth from Kiku's finger, overpowering the mecha's breath weapon and blasting it's head.

Meanwhile, Kotomi's telekinetic response twisted the metal dragon's neck, causing its beam to miss her entirely.

Tsubame looks up from where she fell. "C-chika?"

No response...

Shiori and Kimiko stop their retreat, their eyes locked on the dust cloud around Chika.

"Oh no..."

"C'mon, get up. Stop playing around. C'mon..."

___

This round, Shou's form is perfect. The data gathered from the drone indicated that Chika threw up some kind of energy shield just before she was hit, to try to protect herself. The technique and energy used to form it were insufficient to block the dragon's attack. In fact, as a defensive, this shield move seems to be utterly worthless, as Shou quickly tears apart a holographic recreation of it with a pair of slashes from his twinned swords.

Shou quickly pivots away from the fading Chika hologram to face a Kiku hologram attacking him with a golden laser spell. He pits the edges of his blades against the spell, then deflects the blast with a sudden flick of his wrist and turn of his blades.

As the holographic Kiku breaks up, Shou sees the expected hologram of Kotomi trying to crush him. Taking a deep breath, he pushes against the onslaught, pitting his muscles against Kotomi's mental strength. He crosses the space between himself and the hologram, pushing forward with visible exertion, before dealing the hologram and blow to it's throat that ends the round.

Well done, my son.

Shou sits down to recover and watch the others.

Sarah would find that whatever move she used against the holo-Chika's shield, she would be successful in overcoming the defense. She could also outmaneuver or overcome the Creator's Beams of Gold spell from Kiku. Kotomi's raw telekinetic force crushed her efforts, however.

Still, that is very good, my daughter.

Shiva's eyes laser overpowered Chika's shield easily, and they also overcame Kiku's Beams of Gold. But Kotomi crushed all of efforts, the simulated telekinetic vise overpowering her.

Do not become discouraged, my daughter. Focus. Continued effort will be rewarded. With success.

Kevry's machine gun and grenades overcame Chika's shield. The simulated Kiku was unable to disrupt Kevry's tactics with her attack, falling neatly into the trap. Kotomi once more proved to be the show stopper as she simply stopped the grenade and bullets in mid-air, Kevry's trap detonating a safe distance behind her.

Impressive. But once again, your maneuvering does not yield true victory.

It was Aeriel who would get the first clean sweep. She both bypassed and overwhelmed Chika's shield, avoided Kiku's spell while landing return blows of her own, and even overcame Kotomi's telekinetic response.

Excellent, my daughter. [Aeriel gets 2 favor for defeating all 3 attacks!]

DM's verdict: I'm going with Maid classic in this case. One roll to resolve combat. If you make more than one roll, I'm ignoring all but the lowest. It's just simpler, and in the end I don't think complicating things is worth it.

Although now I want to play Wushu. It's perfect for this kind of stuff. But whatever.

Rolls. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6283433&postcount=24)

Shades of Gray
2009-06-13, 05:40 PM
Kiku

Kiku flies above the creature. She makes some complex arcane gestures. Casting another spell (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=spell).

Take care of Chika, I'll take care of this creep!

[roll0]

AmberVael
2009-06-13, 07:28 PM
Lydia

Lydia runs towards Chika, intent on getting her out safely. If Shou or someone killed Chika with that drone, Mother would be so angry...

Wiz
2009-06-13, 07:45 PM

Kotomi swiftly races toward Chika, the wind kicked up from her fast approach blowing the dust aside. She is ready to use her telekinesis to defend herself and Chika, and grab Chika if she is down, carrying her to safety.

Readied Telekinetic Response: [roll0]

Lex-Kat
2009-06-13, 08:00 PM

Aeriel beams at Mother's approval, then frowns slightly. She hopes that Chika will be alright.

She pulls out three more Kunai and prepares for the next wave of fighting.

Skill to throw her Kunai accurately. 9 + 3 = 12 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6284512&postcount=25)

Murska
2009-06-13, 08:07 PM
Kevry

There's enough data about the enemy for now, they seem to have a strangely high concentration of high-level powers, both magical and otherwise, but no conventional weaponry. Then, best way to go would probably be for endurance, avoidance and simply overpowering what you cannot dodge or block.

Cunning: 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6284575&postcount=26) (Aw.)