PDA

View Full Version : Illusion feats (PEACH)

Peregrine
2006-05-12, 05:52 AM
Resilient Illusion [General]
Prerequisite: Spell Focus (illusion)
Benefit: Your illusions resist attempts to discredit them. Viewers who succeed on their Will save to disbelieve an illusion spell cast by you cannot grant a save at a +4 bonus to others.
Normal: If a viewer disbelieves your illusion and communicates this to others, they gain a saving throw with a +4 bonus.

Memetic Illusion [General]
Prerequisite: Spell Focus (illusion), Resilient Illusion
Benefit: Your illusions are better at affecting groups of people. When you cast an illusion that affects more than one target, any viewer who fails their Will save to disbelief the illusion and communicates their observation to other targets forces any such target who succeeded in disbelieving the illusion to make a second Will saving throw at a -4 penalty. Each target can only be forced to make a second saving throw once, and the penalty is not increased by multiple believers.

(I think they're okay given the prerequisites, but there's every chance I could be wrong and they're too powerful. In that case, here's some alternative ideas: Resilient Illusion does not negate the second saving throw, only the +4 bonus; Memetic Illusion does not give a penalty, just forces another save. Or, make them metamagic feats. Alternatively, if too weak, you could start stacking up the penalties for Memetic Illusion...)

Dhavaer
2006-05-12, 06:51 AM
I like these. Resilient Illusion is part of the Chains of Disbelief ability of the variant Illusionist.

Peregrine
2006-05-12, 07:22 AM
Ack, busted! :P I came up with the idea for Mimetic Illusion while reading those variants for the first time tonight. Then I figured I needed to put in something like Chains of Disbelief as a prerequisite, so I made the other feat.