PDA

View Full Version : How would you emulate Fighterdoken

Suzaku
2006-04-15, 02:32 PM
What's spell level or stats required for Fighterdoken? :P

Karsh
2006-04-15, 02:45 PM
If I remember correctly, there was discussion of some feat called Throw Ally not too long ago. That'd be exactly what you want.

LordOfNarf
2006-04-15, 02:48 PM
^ darn beat me to it. Throw ally is in races of stone, and it ives you the ability to throw an ally 2 size catagoyies smaller that you at a 15 ft range inc, or 1 size catagory smaller at 5 ft range inc

Suzaku
2006-04-15, 02:51 PM
Darn that would mean I to enlarge myself and then use fighterdoken ; ; there no spell that can mimic? :P

Orion-the-G
2006-04-15, 02:52 PM
Telekenesis of course

Suzaku
2006-04-15, 03:18 PM
now what about fighter's end the Two-fisted monkey style attack?

John_D
2006-04-15, 03:21 PM
A full attack action with two-weapon fighting. The character gets a +1 bonus to all attack and damage rolls if the player makes "ook ook" noises throughout.

Rhonstet
2006-04-15, 05:44 PM
Well, you could achieve the same effect with a Fly spell if already cast on the Fighter. So...

Fighterdoken
Transmutation (Force)
Level: Wiz/Sor 1, Warmage 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Effect: Hurls a willing subject towards an enemy in range
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Fighterdoken allows a wizard a temporary boost of supernatural strength, allowing them to hurl a willing ally a short distance towards a threat. Created by the same casters as Expeditious Retreat, this spell resorts to a different type of defensive tactic then fleeing.

As part of the spell action, the spellcaster grabs a willing subject of no more then twice the hit dice of the caster, directly towards an enemy. No obstacle can be between the caster and his target. The caster may ignore encumbrance for this attack, but the willing target must be no more then one size category larger then the caster.

The ally is hurled along a nearly-straight path at the target. The target can be in anything less then total cover. The target can be no further away then 30 feet, +10 feet per level. Gravity can be ignored for the purpose of the spell, but anything that might provide resistance to the spell, such as a web spell, must be resisted.

As a result of the spell, the hurled ally can only make a Full Attack action, and only with a melee attack. If the hurled ally has the Quick Draw feat, he can draw any weapons he wants. The hurled ally can attack any targets in range during the throw. The hurled ally is considered to be making a charge attack, and all attack rolls are at +2. On the round following the Fighterdoken, the ally suffers the same normal -2 AC adjustment. The hurled ally can take any actions that would normally be allowed with melee attacks. The hurled ally can not make a five-foot step before or after the Full Attack.

The hurled ally does not provoke attacks of opportunity as part of the move. In addition, the hurled ally can not be the target of readied actions, except for actions to ready a weapon against a charge.

At the end of the throw, the hurled creature ends in the same space as the target. The final positions of the hurled ally and the target are resolved as a Bull Rush attempt, with the hurled fighter gaining a +1 for every level of the spellcaster, to a maximum of +8.

This spell temporarily changes the initiative order for the round. If the fighter has already gone this round, his initiative score is reset to 1 below the Wizard's, and will not be able to act again until after the wizard's next turn. Otherwise, the initiative order for the hurled ally is reset to 1 below the casters.

It is not possible to hurl yourself with this attack.

Yuki Akuma
2006-04-15, 06:12 PM
Similarly...

MEDOKEN [General]
You can launch yourself at an enemy with the destructive force of a ballista.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +10, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Jump 13 ranks.
Benefit: While executing a charge, you can elect to propel yourself at an opponent. You can launch yourself at an enemy only if you have a line of effect to the enemy, although you can ignore obstacles such as partial cover and rough terrain (including caltrops and the effects of Spike Stones, although effects such as Web are treated normally). To succeed, you must make a jump check with a DC equal to 20 + 1 for every 5 feet travelled in this manner.
If you pass the Jump check, you make make a full attack against the target, ending up in the closest square between you and the target. Your attacks recieve a +3 bonus on attack and damage rolls, but you recieve a -3 penalty to AC until your next turn.
If you fail the check, you move the distance but cannot make an attack. You still suffer a -3 penalty to AC. If you fail by 5 or more, you move 5 feet and take a -4 penalty to AC, and become prone.
Special: A fighter may take Medoken as one of his bonus feats.

Hadrian_Emrys
2006-04-16, 01:43 AM
I'm thinking Bracers of Fighterdoken would be a rather hot purchase for casters. :P

Winged One
2006-04-16, 01:50 AM
Similarly...

MEDOKEN [General]
You can launch yourself at an enemy with the destructive force of a ballista.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +10, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Jump 13 ranks.
Benefit: While executing a charge, you can elect to propel yourself at an opponent. You can launch yourself at an enemy only if you have a line of effect to the enemy, although you can ignore obstacles such as partial cover and rough terrain (including caltrops and the effects of Spike Stones, although effects such as Web are treated normally). To succeed, you must make a jump check with a DC equal to 20 + 1 for every 5 feet travelled in this manner.
If you pass the Jump check, you make make a full attack against the target, ending up in the closest square between you and the target. Your attacks recieve a +3 bonus on attack and damage rolls, but you recieve a -3 penalty to AC until your next turn.
If you fail the check, you move the distance but cannot make an attack. You still suffer a -3 penalty to AC. If you fail by 5 or more, you move 5 feet and take a -4 penalty to AC, and become prone.
Special: A fighter may take Medoken as one of his bonus feats.
Make it a Spelltouched feat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/spelltouchedFeats.htm).

King_of_GRiffins
2006-07-08, 04:25 PM
A full attack action with two-weapon fighting. The character gets a +1 bonus to all attack and damage rolls if the player makes "ook ook" noises throughout.

A little feedback for how this works out. I'm using the feat as described by Yuki, and if your have two weapon fighting and use the feat during a charge, you actually do get +1 to attack(and +5 to damage) The build I'm useing this with gives me seven attacks from +23 to +11, 1d6+13 and 1d4+10 Dmg respectively, and assuming all of them hit average 102 Dmg

Turn 1) Charge, Medoken, Duel Wield, Avg 102
T2) Retreat or Move action, +4 AC against AoO from Mobility
T3) Repeat

or T2) Medoken different Target, +4AC leaving 1st Target
T3) Repeat on all targets

Oddly enough, the character using this is the kind to make the okk ook noise while doing this.

Yuki Akuma
2006-07-08, 04:59 PM
Someone's testing out a feat I made.

As an homage to a comedy webcomic.

I don't know what to think.. other than...

Do you think it's balanced? Eheh...

Edit: Also, can I see the build? ;D

LordOfNarf
2006-07-08, 05:28 PM
Wait, did you just raise this thread from the dead?

Steward
2006-07-08, 06:30 PM
Wait, did you just raise this thread from the dead?

Necro Post

Level: Clr 1, Wiz/Sor 1, Bard 2, Drd 1
Component: S, M
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You post on a dead thread and by doing so bring it back to an unnatural life. The thread must remain unlocked and have been around for, at the most, one year per caster level. Of course, this spell cannot restore the thread to true life. The thread will remain on the first page for 1d4 hours + the number of posts that it has received. It will also have diminished posting capacity. Also, all new posters must make Will saves or post something that is completely random and off-topic. A second optional Will save can be made to allow a poster to post something on-topic directly afterwards.

What's spell level or stats required for Fighterdoken? Tongue

Enlarge yourself, Reduce your target, and then use Throw Ally.

Hadrian_Emrys
2006-07-08, 06:30 PM
Necropostage for the win indeed. I was rather fond of the concept.

LordOfNarf
2006-07-08, 06:32 PM
Necro Post

Level: Clr 1, Wiz/Sor 1, Bard 2, Drd 1
Component: S, M
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You post on a dead thread and by doing so bring it back to an unnatural life. The thread must remain unlocked and have been around for, at the most, one year per caster level. Of course, this spell cannot restore the thread to true life. The thread will remain on the first page for 1d4 hours + the number of posts that it has received. It will also have diminished posting capacity. Also, all new posters must make Will saves or post something that is completely random and off-topic. A second optional Will save can be made to allow a poster to post something on-topic directly afterwards.

i guess i failed my will save then...

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-08, 06:39 PM
Bah, I always pass my will save!!!

...oops, tricked me.

Rhonstet
2006-07-08, 09:03 PM
Shouldn't the spell be called 'Raise Thread'?

*rimshot*

King_of_GRiffins
2006-07-09, 12:17 AM
http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=4439

There's the build, 1st lvl 15 I'll get to play in a continous game on the boards. As it's my first, I have no idea whats balanced for that level.

There are special exceptions to reainsing d20 gaming threads. You have to acount for feedback once someone finally tries it, questions about brokenness. Besides, I got a little excited for finally using a player made feat.

Draco_Ignifer
2006-07-09, 12:32 AM
Shouldn't the spell be called 'Raise Thread'?

*rimshot*

That's the high level version. Anyone can necro a thread, after all, but it takes true skill to actually bring it back.

And even then, it'll still be a bit weaker than it used to be.

Thray
2006-07-09, 12:39 AM
That's the high level version. Anyone can necro a thread, after all, but it takes true skill to actually bring it back.

And even then, it'll still be a bit weaker than it used to be.

But with enough posting, it can recover its old strength-if it so wishes.

LordOfNarf
2006-07-09, 01:28 AM
actually, nothing short of divine magic will stop the level/CON loss from being brough back to the dead

Divine meaning, cast by a god