PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Feats! (PEACH)

Maerok
2006-05-08, 08:44 PM
Improvised Weapon Proficiency [think Jackie Chan]

Prerequisites:
Base Attack Bonus +5; Exotic Weapon Proficiency (in any weapon)

Description:
You are proficient at wielding improvised weapons in combat. You do not suffer the -4 penalty on attack bonuses with improvised weapons. You do receive an additional -2 penalty on two-weapon attacks with improvised weapons (does not apply if only a single weapon with two attacking ends is used).

You may throw improvised range weapons an extra 10 feet.

ERRATA: Improvised weapon -> any weapon not covered by the Martial, Exotic, or Simple weapon proficiencies; originates as a part or whole of an object that has not been developed specifically for melee/ranged combat. (isn't it already defined in PHB?)

[hr]

Oversword Proficiency (this is my favorite) [think Cloud Strife]

Prerequisites:
Str 20; Weapon Specialization and Weapon Focus in a two-handed sword; BAB +9

Description:
Choose a two-handed sword you have Weapon Specialization and Weapon Focus in. You may wield that weapon in one hand.

Any attacks made with a weapon wielded this way are treated as being made with a two-handed weapon (for the +1 1/2 Str modifier to damage, for instance).

You may only make up to two attacks with it per round, even when attacking as a full turn action. But you may give up that second attack (if you have one) to add your full Strength modifier to your damage roll instead of just x1.5 its value .

You receive a -4 penalty when being disarmed. You receive -2 to all armor check penalties while wielding a weapon in this manner, and to initiative and balance checks.

You may only wield a light shield or buckler. You may not wield a weapon in one-hand like this if you are fatigued in any way. You may not wield more than one weapon while wielding a sword like this.

Drawing a two-handed sword with one hand is a full action, whether or not you have a feat or ability such as Quick Draw.

Orion-the-G
2006-05-08, 08:50 PM
There should be a level of weapon proficiency above Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

Call it Cinematic Weapon Proficiency or Anime Weapon Proficiency. Let's the characters weild the ridiculously oversized weapons we all love (or hate) so well.

Maerok
2006-05-08, 08:54 PM
;D k

Matthew
2006-05-08, 08:55 PM
Heh, heh... perfectly true.

The Glyphstone
2006-05-08, 08:56 PM
Yeah...it's called Monkey Grip. Or the Epic big brother, Wield Oversized Weapon. ;D

And for the OP - not bad. Drunken Masters get to do this, so I'd call it balanced...but define stringently what qualifies as an "improvised weapon" - so that a sorcerer can't take this and call every weapon in the PHB "improvised" for no penalties.

Orion-the-G
2006-05-08, 08:57 PM
BAH!!!

Maerok
2006-05-08, 08:57 PM
Oh, I though Monkey Grip let you double hand a weapon for extra damage. I couldn't remember if it was that or vice versa.

The Glyphstone
2006-05-08, 08:59 PM
Monkey Grip lets you carry a weapon one size larger than normal (say, a Medium dude with a Large longsword) at a -2 penalty. Normally, it's a -4 penalty and counts as 1 "hand" larger.

Darnon
2006-05-08, 09:41 PM
You may only make up to two attacks with it per round, even when attacking as a full turn action. But you may give up that second attack (if you have one) to add your full Strength modifier to your damage roll instead of just x1.5 its value .

Why would you want to trade two attacks with +1.5xSTR damage for one attack with +1xSTR?

Eldred
2006-05-09, 03:11 AM
Note that you have placed a -2 on Balance checks and a Armour Check Penalty of 2. This means that they gain -4 in total. I understand the view point, but the ACP should be used to represent its weight, so I would get rid of the -2 Balance. Unless, there was another reason for it? If so, I'd like to hear.

Eldred