PDA

View Full Version : Elusive

Fastmover
2009-06-04, 11:42 AM
Hey all,

I'm looking to make a new char for my DM's campaign. I only recently learned of the Duskblade and have been itching to adopt its skills. But I'm only limited to a 3 class combination and starting at level 3 with 2500 gold. I'm able to build a char from most of the Completes and the PHBs. The thing is I want to build a char that is very hard to hit but yet still able to deal good damage. So I was thinking of going Dusk 5/Wiz1/Bladesinger so that I could get Blur, Entropic shield and such. But then I was thinking Dusk 5/ Swash 3/ Bladesinger for the int damage and AC. Or even Dusk 5/Fighter/Bladesinger for lots of feats. Are there any other combinations I should look at? Even if I don't become a Bladesinger in the end. I just need a some advice.

Honorably,
Fastmover

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-04, 12:03 PM
Duskling 13/Recaster or Wyrm Wizard 5/Duskblade+2.

Changling for Recaster method, Silverbrow Human for Wyrm Wizard. Wyrm Wizard is in Dragon Magic (along with Silverbrow Human), Changling and Recaster can both be found in Races of Eberron.

Recaster and Wyrm Wizard both add spells to your spell list. If you can, get the DM to allow the Bloodline feats from the Dragon Compendium (those expand your spell list dramatically). Take Arcane Disciple if needed.

You need to get Races of Eberron, Dragon Magic, and the Dragon Compendium approved though. If you can't, just do Duskblade 15/Abjurant Champion 5. You've got a few good abjurations on your spell list, and Complete Divine can expand upon that.

The alternate is to use Seul Arcanamach, but that's complex and very easy to do wrong. It's hard to make a weak Duskblade.

BenTheJester
2009-06-04, 12:12 PM
ewww just stay duskblade.

take some wiz/ultimate magus if you really want extra spells

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=525.0
(christophergroves posted a bunch of builds on pg2)

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=837888

Fastmover
2009-06-04, 12:23 PM
Wait... looking at the hand book, Duskblade uses sorc/wiz spells?? I thought they only had that list in PHB2?

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-04, 12:31 PM
Wait... looking at the hand book, Duskblade uses sorc/wiz spells?? I thought they only had that list in PHB2?

The list on page 27 is their full spell list, it includes a few Sor/Wiz spells. Not much, but enough to get by.

There's not a lot of Touch spells though.

Goatman_Ted
2009-06-04, 01:02 PM

Normally they do, but there are ways to expand their spell lists.

Fastmover
2009-06-04, 04:23 PM
How does the Duskblade get Truestrike without ccing into wizard?

Is there an updated Duskblade spell list I don't know about?

Fastmover
2009-06-05, 06:34 AM
Any can help me out?

Tsotha-lanti
2009-06-05, 06:39 AM
Don't they get advanced learning as a class ability?

Fastmover
2009-06-05, 06:45 AM

I thought that was unseen seer. I don't remember seeing it on Duskblade. I may have to recheck though.

But in the Handbook Spell list there are many spells that i don't see in the PH2.

Dhavaer
2009-06-05, 06:48 AM

No, that's just for warmages and beguilers.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-06-05, 07:04 AM
Just stick to Duskblade and you should be fine. If you want more spell choices take Suel Arcanamach 4/ Abjurant Champion 5, but otherwise you'll probably be better off staying single-classed. If you want a more traditional gish build, it will take a lot more than three classes to be any good, especially if you want to include Duskblade with it.

Ixahinon
2009-06-05, 07:08 AM
I can't stand Duskblade for that single reason...very VERY small spell list. I just don't get why a Duskblade DOESN'T get spells that help defensively in combat (i.e blur, displacement, etc).

That being said..it's still good enough. Though, in my eyes, mixing a spellcasting melee with Abjurant Caster is a win/win anyway.

Wih
2009-06-05, 08:12 AM
True Strike is on the Duskblade class list...
Arcane Disciple is probably the easiest way to get more spells on your spell list.

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-05, 09:58 AM
But in the Handbook Spell list there are many spells that i don't see in the PH2.

My bad about the earlier comment, their spell list is on page 24, not 27. The handbook has the correct spell list. The PH2 only printed spells that appeared in that book, and didn't reprint any of the old spells to show the class' full list. The Duskblade spell list on page 98 only lists Duskblade spells that were first printed in PH2.

Also, the Duskblades got a little love in Forge of War. One spell.

This tells you what WotC thought about spontaneous casters.