PDA

View Full Version : best practical joke.

MR.PIXIE
2009-06-04, 03:18 PM
once i took a matchbox car and tied it to a peace of string and croutched behind
the kitchen table. an when my grandma
walked into the room i draged it across the floor an she freeked out and ran.she even came back into the kitchen with a rolled up news paper and grabed a frying pan. it was hilarious.

what have you done?

Mr. Mud
2009-06-04, 03:33 PM
My older brother, a mutual friend, and my cousin let loose three pigs in my high school. They spray painted "1, 2, and 4" on the sides... The school was closed down for the better part of two weeks, and they never got caught :smalltongue:. All while looking for the mysterious pig 3.

valadil
2009-06-04, 03:34 PM
I had a roommate who was seriously addicted to breakfast cereal. He went through 4-5 gallons of milk a week. So one april fools day, I froze his milk, woke up early, and put the frozen milk in the fridge before he had a chance to get breakfast. When he tried to pour, the milk stayed in the bottle.

valadil
2009-06-04, 03:35 PM
My older brother, a mutual friend, and my cousin let loose three pigs in my high school. They spray painted "1, 2, and 4" on the sides... The school was closed down for the better part of two weeks, and they never got caught :smalltongue:. All while looking for the mysterious pig 3.

I've heard of other people doing this prank. No matter how many pigs are used, #3 is always the one that doesn't exist.

Mr. Mud
2009-06-04, 03:37 PM
I've heard of other people doing this prank. No matter how many pigs are used, #3 is always the one that doesn't exist.

Well, as my brother tells the story, he was the first one to start it. This was oh... 8 years or so ago.

I've also put 4 mentos in a bottle of coke, and then sealed it back up and put it in a random neighbor of my friend's house. :smallwink:

Mephibosheth
2009-06-04, 03:54 PM
The high school I went to is an old building built in stages over a number of years. In the older parts of the building there are a few fairly sizeable courtyards with grass and some small trees. One year some of the graduating seniors disassembled an old VW bug and, in the middle of the night, reassembled it in one of the courtyards. Everyone arrived to find the car inexplicably inside the building, where it couldn't possibly fit.

onasuma
2009-06-04, 03:55 PM
As I type this, there are two guys outside attaching a tire clamp to a neighbours car. I think thats quite high up.

Dihan
2009-06-04, 03:59 PM
I didn't take part in this but on the last day for my year 13 all the guys stripped to their boxers and ran around the school grounds, through the local park, down the main road, through the school and back into the school grounds. Then all the girls hid the clothes. The teachers took it in good humour.

Exeson
2009-06-04, 04:23 PM
It is school tradition that the Head boy is chained/tied/clingfilmed up to a pillar in the common room of the local girls school in either his boxers or naked. Even when he gets free he still has to walk all the way through town to get back to our school. :smallbiggrin:

This year it took fourteen guys to bundle the head boy and get him tied up. :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2009-06-04, 04:41 PM
My dad once built a quick-disassemble ballista on the roof of one of his school buildings. However, instead of firing large bolts, it fired manhole covers. Yes siree, they had fun with that one.

I also knew a guy who filled all the locks at my high school with super glue. Closed school for a day.

GrandMasterMe
2009-06-04, 05:13 PM
Ohhhhh ye of the devilish nature, I banish ye!!! The power of jyggalag compels the, the power of jyggalag compels the......
too bad for you he doesn't compel me :smallbiggrin: off the top of my head two memorable pranks spring forth. Dribbling a can of tomato juice leading into the girls bathroom at our school was fun. Another good time was at the beach when my father, a very regal man, left us to find the bathroom, I dug a hole under his beach towel and replaced said towel so you couldn't tell. :smallamused:

reorith
2009-06-04, 05:41 PM
my pranks usually aren't comedic outpourings of mischief but instead blatant acts of malevolence and are therefor not fit for open discussion on this board. :smallfrown:

although over the span of six days, my buddies and i pooled our funds and refilled another friend's gas tank every morning before he went to work.

thubby
2009-06-04, 06:07 PM
back when i was in middle school, some unknown group super glued everything in the school to either the ground, something next to it, or in the the case of one chalk board, the ceiling, with some *ahem* messages for the staff.

GrandMasterMe
2009-06-04, 06:09 PM
my buddies and i pooled our funds and refilled another friend's gas tank every morning before he went to work.
LOL'D hard

KuReshtin
2009-06-04, 06:34 PM
The high school I went to is an old building built in stages over a number of years. In the older parts of the building there are a few fairly sizeable courtyards with grass and some small trees. One year some of the graduating seniors disassembled an old VW bug and, in the middle of the night, reassembled it in one of the courtyards. Everyone arrived to find the car inexplicably inside the building, where it couldn't possibly fit.

There are two rival schols in the town I grew up that compete in an annual indoor rugby match, and during the buid-up to these games, there are usually some pretty good pranks.

The disassembly of a car and reassembling of it in the rival school's lobby has been done.

Also, one of the schools once arrived on a Monday morning to find that their main entrance lobby had been transformed into a park, including a gravel path, grass lawn, trees, bushes, a park bench and two working light posts.

Moff Chumley
2009-06-04, 06:37 PM
Okay. There are a couple of guitarists that go to our school with inordinate amounts of money and ego. One of them owns a Parker Fly; for those of you not in the know, these are extremely high end, extremely expensive guitars. Another owns a vintage '59 Les Paul. The first guy also has an extensive collection of effect pedals, and they both have high end tube amps. A month ago, there was a concert at school that ended around two in the morning, so everyone left their gear backstage until Monday. I was supposed to come in and record some tracks on Sunday, and for no reason, I had brought a soldering iron...

Stuff that was missing on monday morning:
The Les Paul's pickups
The Fly's output jack
The innards of several pedals
All of the vacuum tubes.

Good times. :smallcool:

Partof1
2009-06-04, 07:31 PM
My dad told me that when he went to highschool, some people put a bunch of dry ice in a decorative fountain and fogged the whole school.

A smaller scal thing I've done involves switching the salt and sugar. My mom thought the milk in her coffee was bad, and my bro almost salted his cinnamon toast.

reorith
2009-06-04, 11:11 PM
My dad told me that when he went to highschool, some people put a bunch of dry ice in a decorative fountain and fogged the whole school.

A smaller scal thing I've done involves switching the salt and sugar. My mom thought the milk in her coffee was bad, and my bro almost salted his cinnamon toast.

oh man you're so hardcore!

Rutskarn
2009-06-04, 11:18 PM
Well, as my brother tells the story, he was the first one to start it. This was oh... 8 years or so ago.

Nnnnno.

No offense to your brother, but this has been around a lot longer than that.

Anyway--the local colleges have long rivalries, grudges, and war stories. For example: USC versus UCLA.

USC's mascot is the Trojan, a sterotypical roman dude with a gladius. There are two famous pranks involving UCS's statue:

First, the sword was snipped off, then welded back on in an...interesting...position.

For their second prank, they knew that the statue would be guarded at all times. So they borrowed a helicopter...

...and dropped a load of manure onto it. And onto the guards. Who had looked up when they heard the helicopter.

Jack Squat
2009-06-04, 11:28 PM
I've done the classic rubber band on the veggie washer in the sink to my dad.

Taped matchbook igniters under car doors. Next time, I'll have it light a 100 pack of firecrackers.

Trapped peoples rooms, normally so that a quarter-full pop bottle swings at whoever opens the door. Going to have to set up a net at some point, just for fun.

Tossed an empty egg carton at people at work. Also hid a smashed jar of minced garlic up in the office.

Hid various plastic bugs/snakes places people don't expect them, including, but not limited to, a teacher's desk drawer.

Plans are in the works to toss charged capacitors at people, and "hack" the sound system at work to play sister machine gun.

If I remember right, someone on these forums built a brick wall a hallway in their school one April Fools.

Cleverdan22
2009-06-04, 11:46 PM
My dad drenched his arm in alcohol, lit it on fire, and then ran into the next room where his little sister was and acted like he was in actual pain. She hit him with a broom when she realized it was a prank.

I pulled a Foxtrot and told my dad the car was being towed at two in the morning, and locked him out.

Jack Squat
2009-06-04, 11:49 PM
My dad drenched his arm in alcohol, lit it on fire, and then ran into the next room where his little sister was and pretended to freak out.

Having had my hand be soaked in camp fuel and it catch fire quickly, is alcohol better at keeping the fire off of you (assuming this is denatured alcohol).

This also reminds me that I have 4 quarts of fake blood sitting in my closet. I may need to do something with them soon.

Yarram
2009-06-05, 01:10 AM

I've also put 4 mentos in a bottle of coke, and then sealed it back up and put it in a random neighbor of my friend's house. :smallwink:

I doubt it. My Great Uncle (Fathers cousin... I think that's right? Or is it 2nd cousin...) did the same thing when he was a teenager...

I've always played with putting deep-heat muscle rub cream on toilet seats. Another one that's happened around me, but not caused by, because I think this is taking it too far, is putting gladwrap over the toilet, under the seat.

My favourite was on year 12 muckup day, a group of year twelves put plastic forks, neatly stabbed into the ground, all over the principals carpark.

EDIT:

It is school tradition that the Head boy is chained/tied/clingfilmed up to a pillar in the common room of the local girls school in either his boxers or naked. Even when he gets free he still has to walk all the way through town to get back to our school. :smallbiggrin:

This year it took fourteen guys to bundle the head boy and get him tied up. :smallbiggrin:
IMHO that's taking it too far.

Jack Squat
2009-06-05, 01:14 AM
Another one that's happened around me, but not caused by, because I think this is taking it too far, is putting gladwrap over the toilet, under the seat.

Dollywood sells some packet of powder that "instantly" gelatinizes water. Been told that 3 packs does a toilet. Haven't been able to find the stuff online, but I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about.

reorith
2009-06-05, 01:19 AM
Dollywood sells some packet of powder that "instantly" gelatinizes water. Been told that 3 packs does a toilet. Haven't been able to find the stuff online, but I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about.

sodium polyacrylate. you can get it from ripping up disposable diapers. also, it can be used to thicken petroleum. uhhhh yeah.

Crispy Dave
2009-06-05, 01:59 AM
Reading this thread is a bad idea when your bored.

I may or may not have ordered a ton of this (http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1448?source=googleps)

Archonic Energy
2009-06-05, 07:03 AM

talking of toilets, there's a dual part foam mix,when the 2 parts mix ALOT of foam is created it's used in firefighting, i want some...
Part one in the cistern
Part two in the bowl

and Deap Heat on toilet seats... not as funny as you'd think! :smalleek:
(though it probably is funny if you're not the victim)

i threw a plastic "Brick" at a friend while shouting "catch"... his face was a picture!

Dihan
2009-06-05, 07:19 AM
The people in my school have something called "Car Wars" where they mess around with the cars of the people who are taking part:

Some things include:

1) Putting blu-tack in the key hole
2) Sticking a carrot in the exhaust
3) Moving the car to another parking space
4) Sticking these small polystyrene tubes all over the car
5) Putting a dead bird on the roof

Helanna
2009-06-05, 07:58 AM
This joke works best if you have a victim in mind and an audience. Actually, if you don't have a victim in mind, you can just have an audience and see which unlucky person decides to be helpful.

So gather your audience. Act really excited and say that you found out how to do a really cool magic trick where you stick a pin in the wall and then balance a glass of water on top of it. Take some time getting the pin to "exactly the right position", but don't push it in. Hold the water against the wall on top of the pin and then "drop" the pin. Ask someone to pick it up for you because you "finally got it in the right position and if I put the glass down I'll lose it". As soon as someone bends down to get the pin for you, pour the water down their back.

Those were good times. :smallcool:

MR.PIXIE
2009-06-05, 08:27 AM
I also dumped some yellow food coloring in the back part of the toilet
so when someone flushed it looks like the bowl fills up with pee

Try it. its hilarious

Linkavitch
2009-06-05, 12:06 PM

I've heard of this happening, except it was a taxi instead of a veedub, and the principle's office instead of a courtyard.:smalltongue:

A guy I know, Tony, has a bunch of prank stories.

When he was in college, he was usually in a two-room suite. And what he and the other guys in the suite would do, was whenever there was a new guy in the suite, they would clean the toilet until you could eat out of it. And then they took some of those Little Debbie brownies with the nuts in them, and squished them up while they were in the package so they looked like poo. Then, when the new guy went to take a dump, they ran in yelling "Wait!" and grabbed the brownie and ate it. This elicited such a great response that occasionally, they would get vomited on.:smallbiggrin:

Another time, when his roommate was taking a shower, he stole his clothes and locked the door so he couldn't get back in. (This suite, for some reason, had locks on the bathroom door that let one room lock the other guys out of their room, the result being if both doors get locked, somebody inside the bathroom can't get out. And the doors on the room-to-hallway doors were so that if it was locked, someone on the inside could get out, but not back in, as the door would remain locked.) So, Tony goes giggling off to the next six hours of classes he needs to take. He comes back to find his roommate had been sitting, beet red, naked, outside the dorm room for the past five-and-a-half hours, having accidentally locked himself out of both rooms, and being unable to find the custodian of the dorm. (Beet red with embarassment, as it was a co-ed dorm.):smalleek:

Linkavitch
2009-06-05, 12:12 PM
Stuff that was missing on monday morning:
The Les Paul's pickups
The Fly's output jack
The innards of several pedals
All of the vacuum tubes.

Being a guitarist myself, I proclaim thee HERETIC! That Les Paul probably cost upward of 15 or 17 grand! I reeeeaaaallly hope you didn't get caught.:smallamused:

All in all, just as a personal count, you probably destroyed at least $50,000 worth of stuff. Maybe more, cuz some guitars cost that much, and I'm not sure about what the Fly cost.

Extra_Crispy
2009-06-06, 02:42 AM
I was never much of a practical joker, but a couple of the ones done by friends of mine way back in highschool were pretty good.

One friend got ahold of a police issue smoke canister and set it off. I remember turning the courner to go to my locker to see, what I thought at first, the opposite wall 10 feet from me. It was litterly a wall of smoke moving toward me. We went the whole day outside because they could not stop the fire alarm from going off.

Another friend of mine was having trouble with a freshman (he was a senior) and found out who had the locker next to his, got permission to get into that locker, peeled back the devider between the lockers, removed all his books and stuffed the locker with golf balls. Mind you this was a top locker and the kid was fairly short, he had to get on his toes to work the combination lock. We sat there and laughed for quite a while as golf balls rained down on his head.

The only one I remember doing was when I took physics class. At one point we were working on electricity. The teacher brought in a device (cant remember its name) that generated static electricity and transfered it to a metal ball at the top of the device. We formed a chain of students from where the device was (the teacher would not let us move it) to outside the door. Which just happened to be in the freshman locker room hall. We welcomed to the school everyone we could reach untill they started running past that door.

Yarram
2009-06-06, 03:14 AM
Anyone ever tried the one, where you get a whole bunch of plastic cups and blue-tac them to some stiff cardboard, before filling them with water. You then get a stool and a broomstick. You hold the cups to the roof and ask your victim if they could hold up the cups to the roof by pushing them up with the broom.
Once they are under the cups, holding them in place, you take the stool and leave.

Ravens_cry
2009-06-06, 03:35 AM
At summer camp when I was a tween, we stuck all of one kids clothes all up in the roof/attic of one cabin. Fibreglass insulation was involved and all the next day he had to wear a garbage bag while the clothes were washed. Well, not quite all. We doused the y-fronts in water, then stuck them in a camp freezer.

Jack Squat
2009-06-06, 06:08 AM
One friend got ahold of a police issue smoke canister and set it off. I remember turning the courner to go to my locker to see, what I thought at first, the opposite wall 10 feet from me. It was litterly a wall of smoke moving toward me. We went the whole day outside because they could not stop the fire alarm from going off.

Your friend better be glad no one got lost in the smoke. When set off indoors and in certain areas outdoors, the cloud is thick enough to cause asphyxiation. And as you can imagine, a room/hallway fills up fast.

littlebottom
2009-06-06, 06:52 PM
some good ones in this thread, mine are a bit naff tbh...

but there is one my friend did, he was in the year above me back in school, and when he finished school, on his last day he bought a fresh fish, went into school and when no one was looking, stood on a chair to reach the roof and pushed one of the panels up, then put the fish up there and replaced the panel, as it was the last day before the summer holidays, nobody noticed, upon coming back, there was several people sick in that hallway, including a teacher :smallcool: and luckily, as i knew where he put it, i avoided the place he put it :smallwink:

other pranks happen all the time in my school tbh, some dont even really count as pranks, but just plain stupidness, such as stealing someones shoes and filling them with fire extinguisher foam. and aswell as when a teacher came in late the class moved all the tables and chairs etc outside the classroom, just outside the window, so the teacher came into an empty room to see everybody sitting at their chairs outside on the front field.

other things, although not pranks include, starting a moshpit in class, actually moving all the heavy benches in school into a big circle.... to use as a mosh pit. (which by the way, nobody has bothered to move back, even though we did that years ago). there was talk once of me and my friends setting up our guitars, amps and some drums on the roof on the last day of school and playing schools out by alice cooper as loud as possible during lunch (as our school has a split lunch, in which half the school is in lessons and the other half has lunch) unfortunately we decided against it, because it was tipping it down on our final day and we would rather not electricute ourselves and ruin our amps :smallfrown:

Dogmantra
2009-06-06, 06:59 PM
On the final day of lessons for the Upper 6th Form (the highest year, who are just about to do A levels), it's customary for them to do a load of crazy stuff. Last year was okay, they moved a few classrooms outside. This year... they re-arranged the tables in the Dining Hall, and put a boat in there too. A boat!

Moff Chumley
2009-06-06, 11:11 PM
Being a guitarist myself, I proclaim thee HERETIC! That Les Paul probably cost upward of 15 or 17 grand! I reeeeaaaallly hope you didn't get caught.:smallamused:

All in all, just as a personal count, you probably destroyed at least $50,000 worth of stuff. Maybe more, cuz some guitars cost that much, and I'm not sure about what the Fly cost.

Relax. The Fly's Jack costed twenty bucks to replace, and I put the pickups back the next weekend. The pedal's innards were neatly placed next to the enclosures. The tubes, on the other hand... :smallamused:

I did mention they were rich bastards, didn't I?

Demons_eye
2009-06-06, 11:37 PM
I dont know if It was just one guy but some 12th graders in my school put 2009 in chalk around the hole school. They spray painted the windows and Tee Pee'd the tree. And one student wraped the gym teachers car in plastic.

onasuma
2009-06-07, 12:21 PM
Now I think of it, I think some of the scam baiting stuff me and some friends have done probably counts.

Best one I know is when a nigerian scammer was asking for laptops for his church out of charity. So, a person I know and his dad went to a boot sale. They picked up as much as they could for as cheap as possible. Heavy stuff. In total they spent about $13.

They then sent it to this scammer telling him it contained 30 laptops for them. They then sent it without paying the postage. The scammer paid about $200 in postage, still believing it to be laptops. He was a bit pee'd off.

Oh did I mention they did it twice to this same guy?

Jalor
2009-06-07, 07:28 PM
Now I think of it, I think some of the scam baiting stuff me and some friends have done probably counts.

Best one I know is when a nigerian scammer was asking for laptops for his church out of charity. So, a person I know and his dad went to a boot sale. They picked up as much as they could for as cheap as possible. Heavy stuff. In total they spent about $13.

They then sent it to this scammer telling him it contained 30 laptops for them. They then sent it without paying the postage. The scammer paid about $200 in postage, still believing it to be laptops. He was a bit pee'd off.

Oh did I mention they did it twice to this same guy?

Did they claim to be sending him a P-P-P-Powerbook (http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/)?

banthesun
2009-06-07, 09:22 PM
I've never tried this prank, but it sounds really cool. Really dangerous too, so think about how the victim might react before trying it.

First you need a sleeping person, a few drops of petrol/turps/kero, some matches, and a whole bucket of water.

First smear a drop or 2 of petrol under the persons nose, then throw a bucket of water over them to wake them up.

They wake up, drenched to the skin, and all they can smell is petrol.

Then you start flicking matches at them...

Some other ones from round school, moving a number of desks out the window, like littlebottom said, but not onto the oval, onto a little ledge outside the window. Tying a water bottle to a fan and starting it up, which was only funny because it started right as the open day visitors were walking by. Putting all the bins from an area on the roof. Not to mention all the places peoples bags are hidden...

mangosta71
2009-06-08, 12:41 PM
When I was very small (no more than 5) my parents had gone for a night out. My brother was set to watch me and my little sister. About 5 minutes before my parents got home, my sister and I went outside, locked the door to the house, and turned on the waterworks. My brother, who was inside reading, had no idea what we'd done until my parents got home to find us crying on the doorstep.

LordSintax
2009-06-08, 01:00 PM
I went to a party at my sister's house on January 31, 1999.

at 11:20 I asked her boyfriend "hey, man. how would you feel about having to reset all your clocks?"

he responded "It'll be annoying, but I know you, what fiendish Idea do you have?"

11:45 found me in the basement, one ear on the commotion in the living room and one hand on the main power cutoff for the house.

The ringing in of Y2K at this particular domocile went something like this:

"5...4...3...2...1... Happy new yea-.... OH, SHI-....!"

At which point, they heard me dying of laughter in the basement...

Linkavitch
2009-06-08, 06:33 PM
I went to a party at my sister's house on January 31, 1999.

Really funny, but don't you mean December?

Doran_Liadon
2009-06-08, 09:58 PM
I convinced my little brother that guacamolè was made from mashing up the guts of the rare South Siberian Guacamole (which would explain is expense in out area). All the while in an all vegetarian restraunt.

Another time in class a student fell asleep so our teacher had every leave and go to the field to continue lessons. The sleeping student was very confused upon awakening.

Origomar
2009-06-08, 10:26 PM

No, thats the funny part!

LordSintax
2009-06-11, 10:23 AM

Yes, yes, of course. I rolled a 1 on my knowledge:dates roll that time.

Stormthorn
2009-06-11, 10:24 PM
Me?
Nothing. I had a teacher once who liked em.

When he was in High School they got a tarp and sandbags and built an aboveground pool overnight in the Quad and put fish in it.

In college he had a friend hide in the bathroom with a keyring when the buildings on campus where being closed up. The friend lets him in, they build a brick wall inside the library.

More recently he wired a friends brake to his horn.

rankrath
2009-06-11, 11:08 PM
The class three years above me dumped a dead skunk in the air intake for the schools heating/cooling system. They closed school for the day. During winter this year, I know a couple people who piled snow in front of all the school's doors, then dumped water on the piles. Cue the entire schools being iced shut for the day. :smallbiggrin:

of course, that leaves me with the challenge of topping both pranks my senior year.

Flame of Anor
2009-06-11, 11:24 PM
I convinced my sister that the sound of collapsible tables being folded up was actually bombs going off.

TheCountAlucard
2009-06-12, 12:05 AM
One time I was wearing a blue shirt with a pocket on it - I threaded a needle with a spool of blue thread, popped the spool into the pocket, and then ran the needle out through the pocket, cutting the thread that poked out afterward so that it looked like my shirt had a loose thread.

It wasn't long after that when someone tried to help me out - once she started pulling the thread, I thanked her, turned around and walked away. :smallamused:

Deathslayer7
2009-06-12, 12:27 AM
Everytime it rained in our school, a certain spot in our quad would always fill up with about 8-10 feet of water. One of our friends was being annoying to us, so me and three other friends just picked him up and threw him right in it. This was 2 hours before school ended, and we all had the same class with him.

He comes in late for class, soaking wet, and the teacher is just staring at him wondering why he is late and wet. Were all just trying so hard not to laugh. :smallbiggrin: