PDA

View Full Version : Genius: The Transgression

JMobius
2009-06-04, 05:04 PM
It's me again, looking for the thoughts and experiences of other GITPs with yet another obscure game.

I'd heard about this project before, but had kind of brushed it off as mad science isn't quite a trope that particularly appeals to me. I happened to start reading the thread the game originated in while bored at work the other day, and I must say, I've changed my mind.

I am in the camp that is disapointed with the flavor of nWoD, and this fan game has quite probably my favorite I've seen in the setting. It evokes a lot of similarity to oWoD Mage in my mind.

Any thoughts?

Justyn
2009-06-04, 06:12 PM
I got it, it's really good for a fan work... and I think it's simply amazing that one guy did all that.

JMobius
2009-06-04, 06:48 PM
Yeah.

WW would do themselves a great service to scoop that guy and his project up.

Dragonmuncher
2009-06-04, 06:49 PM
Here's the link, for anyone interested. Haven't read it myself (yet), but the intro does make it sound cool...

http://moochava.googlepages.com/genius

JMobius
2009-06-05, 10:49 AM
I actually don't care much for that bit of text. The 'Catalysts' of Genius (similar to the Watchtower paths in Mage, or whatnot from other games in the line) were one of the first things that really made me notice the game. They represent the emotion that drove a Genius to Mania; that particular text is an example of the obsessive need to prove ones worth to others, which I didn't find quite so compelling. Other options are nihilism, a desire to make the world a better place, coping with loss, or fascination with the beauty of the universe.