PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR 2 Glitch

wojonatior
2009-06-04, 07:02 PM
I have just gotten a copy of KOTOR 2. I started playing and I realized some minor glitches where my character would have his textures darkened a lot, but still to the point where you can still see colors. Then it got worse where props would be completely black. and now I just got to the first outdoor area and the sky would disappear, and all of the grass would be extremely extended but still move around with the wind effects. I have tried turning off shadows and grass and neither of them work. Please help if possible.

thubby
2009-06-04, 07:59 PM
sounds to me like the disc or your graphics card is damaged.

Jalor
2009-06-04, 08:22 PM
KOTOR 2 is even buggier than an unpatched Planescape: Torment. Good luck.

Mando Knight
2009-06-04, 08:24 PM
I've never had that bug before.

Mr. Mud
2009-06-04, 08:26 PM
Meh, firstly methinks that this goes in Gaming (Other) and will be promptly moved when the great one with a Hat shows up.

But KOTOR 2 wasn't that buggy... at least for me. I had a few, but that's becasue I was messing around with macros and trying to hacking into the game itself (:smalltongue: Oops). KOTOR was actually fairly awesome... HK-47 wasn't nearly as funny though :smallfrown:.?

Hope it works out... I'd try returning the game if it doesn't. Where'd ya buy it :smallamused:?

Eldan
2009-06-04, 09:29 PM
KOTOR 2 is even buggier than an unpatched Planescape: Torment. Good luck.

Torment had bugs? I never found any.

UserClone
2009-06-05, 12:35 AM
Doesn't this belong in Gaming (Other)?:smallconfused:

Egiam
2009-06-05, 08:59 AM
Which system are you playing it on?

wojonatior
2009-06-05, 09:12 AM
PC. And i don't think my card is damaged because it is retativly new and all other games work perfectly fine.

crimson77
2009-06-05, 09:39 AM
PC. And i don't think my card is damaged because it is retativly new and all other games work perfectly fine.

This sounds like a videocard issue. You might need to update the videocard's software. Your KOTOR 2 might require a more advanced videocard (look at the system requirements to see how your videocard matches up). Try putting all the graphics to the lowest level. If these do not work, try contacting your videocard manufacturer or visiting their forums to see if there is a patch or if others have the same or similar problem.

I had a similar issue with my NVIDIA videocard and GTA-4. All I needed was a software update and it worked fine.

hustlertwo
2009-06-05, 12:02 PM
I know I have the game on Xbox, and it's buggy as all get out. In one dark side playthrough an event on Nar Shaddaa failed to trigger and all my save files were past the last story event, so I literally got screwed out of 18 hours by having to start all the way over. Still the most damning glitch I've had in a game.