PDA

View Full Version : Metapsionic Feat: Contact the Dead Mind (PEACH)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-05-01, 12:08 PM
Finally thought I might offer something up to the Table of Custom Content Analysis for once. Came up with this while playing a Telepath in an adventure with lots of Constructs and Undead. Never actually used it, though. Whatcha think?

And don't be afraid to let me know if there's anything like this in Complete Psionic I don't have that book yet.

Contact the Dead Mind [Metapsionic]
You can affect the minds of those who are no longer living.

Prerequisites: Cha 13, Any other metapsionic feat

Benefit: To use this feat, you must expend your psionic focus. You can manifest a mind-affecting power against creatures of the undead or deathless type. An undead or deathless creature without an Intelligence score (such as a zombie or skeleton) retains its immunity due to its mindless nature.

Using this feat increases the power point cost of the power by 4. The power's total cost cannot exceed your manifester level

Normal: Undead and deathless are immune to mind-affecting powers.

smartdumkid
2006-05-01, 02:56 PM
I'm not completely familiar with the psionic rules for telepathy... I would however think that when you touch the mind of the dead or undead that there is a possibility of you gaining a madness or becoming lost in their otherworldly thoughts. I would probably have a manifestor roll a will save whenever this came up...

Dragonmuncher
2006-05-04, 02:29 AM
I'm not completely familiar with the psionic rules for telepathy... I would however think that when you touch the mind of the dead or undead that there is a possibility of you gaining a madness or becoming lost in their otherworldly thoughts. I would probably have a manifestor roll a will save whenever this came up...

Nah, if you've gone to the trouble of spending a feat, just assume that you've become used to the ickiness that is a dead brain.

The Glyphstone
2006-05-04, 05:40 AM
3.5 doesn't really have special rules...Telepathy is just a type of psionic power like Enchantment is for spells.

As for the power itself...not terribly broken. I make telepaths a lot, I'd take it.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-05-05, 12:49 PM
As for the power itself...not terribly broken. I make telepaths a lot, I'd take it.
"Not terribly broken?" As in "maybe a little overpowered, could use a touch up?"

So is there something you think might improve it?