PDA

View Full Version : Published Adventure Suggestions? (3.5e)

msully4321
2009-06-04, 09:27 PM
Since it's the summer, my school campaign is on hiatus, and I'm looking for something to run over the summer. I'd also like to take a break from designing my own campaign, so I'd like to run a published adventure (I've found that running a campaign designed by me is more satisfying but also stressful).

Ideally I'd like something that starts between levels 5 and 10 (although that's not a hard rule; level 1 starts are probably to be avoided (unless it's *really* awesome)), would take about 10-12 sessions to run to completion, and offers a reasonable mix of hack n' slash and roleplaying.

I'd be especially interested in something set in Eberron, since I'd like to try running something in that setting.

Also, it can't be Red Hand of Doom as I am currently in a RHoD campaign that is paused for the summer (we have finished the first 4 acts); otherwise I would be doing RHoD.

I could also string together several shorter adventures...

Thanks!

Rhiannon87
2009-06-04, 09:36 PM
Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is fun. It's supposed to take a group from 6 - 10; you could probably build or homebrew a short section to go before it to get the party from level 5 to 6, and to hook them into the larger plot of Ravenloft. There's a couple versions of the module outlined in the book: the hugely long epic full version (many, many, many sessions, especially if your group likes plot and RP), the middle-length version (8-10 sessions), and the one-night version (storm the castle, kill everything). The module is horror themed with tons of undead, a pretty damn menacing BBEG (if he's played right), and some truly vicious combat.

If you do decide to go with this, a couple suggestions from my DM, who ran this for us and nearly made us cry: have the party get attacked by a random monster appropriate to the area every day and every night. Our DM would make whoever touched their nose last roll the day's (or night's) percentile to see what horror we'd face; to this day, the phrase "so the sun rises" or "it's evening" makes us twitchy.

And second, put a Slaughterstone eviscerator from MM3 in the treasury. If you really hate your players and want them to die.

Cedrass
2009-06-04, 10:14 PM
Do the World's Largest Dungeon (http://www.worldslargestdungeon.com/)!

I always wanted to try it out!

Yeah I know, it takes at least a year to complete...

Yahzi
2009-06-04, 10:22 PM
Check out my website for a guide to Formians. You could make an adventure out of that.

potatocubed
2009-06-05, 01:15 AM
I'm quite fond of Expedition to the Demonweb Pits, myself. It starts at level 9, if I remember rightly.

Hawriel
2009-06-05, 01:48 AM
Goodmen Games 3.5 moduals.

They make old school adventure/dungeon hacks for 3.5 ed. Some of their ideas are really messed up. For instence one encounter I will be using soon is a minator dragonkin. Another encounter they had was a torcher chamber full of board kobalds. They wrote in the encounter that the kobolds will gang up and do their best to pin the players in the torcher devises. I got the cleric in the iron maiden. :smallbiggrin:

Goodmen Games has 53 adventures. One is a large book, and two box set collections. They sence moved on to 4th ed with adventure 54.

Gnorman
2009-06-05, 02:35 AM
Eyes of the Lich Queen starts at level 5, goes to level 10, and is Eberron-specific. I don't know about the 10-12 sessions bit, though.

msully4321
2009-06-05, 04:20 PM
Eyes of the Lich Queen starts at level 5, goes to level 10, and is Eberron-specific. I don't know about the 10-12 sessions bit, though.

I like the looks of that one. That's currently my leading candidate.