PDA

View Full Version : Disarm feat?

Abd al-Azrad
2006-04-08, 02:21 AM
I was trying to think of how badass I could make a badguy, and I thought of a feat loosely based on my favourite movie line of all time: from Predator, one of the characters gets shot during the early stage of the movie, and when warned that he was bleeding, he replied:
"I ain't got time to bleed."

Bloody Disarm

Prereqs: Con 15+, Diehard, Endurance, Toughness.
You can choose to accept a -4 penalty on your AC for the current combat round. If you do so, the first time an enemy deals damage to you with a melee weapon allows you to make a free disarm attempt against the enemy, as you twist your body with the weapon sheathed in it, and startle the enemy with your intimidating reaction to what should otherwise be a painful blow. You gain a bonus to your disarm attempt equal to the damage the enemy dealt to you. This disarm attempt counts against your allowed attacks of opportunity for the round.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would something like that not be the manliest feat ever?

EDIT: Changed prereq feats to those more appropriate to a man. Yes, that's toughness. Because real men can waste feats.

Orion-the-G
2006-04-08, 02:24 AM
heheh, I've seen that in action in a few shows and movies.

However the 'theme' of that sort of disarm typically tends to be the guy's endurance rather than his finesse doesn't it?

drop the standard disarm tree entirely and give it the prerequisites of Toughness and maybe Diehard or some similar 'badass' ability, and boost the con req up to 15.

Abd al-Azrad
2006-04-08, 02:25 AM
I like it. After all, who needs Expertise, when you're a man?

kailin
2006-04-17, 10:20 PM
Wouldn't. Change. A Thing.

Here's what I'd change:

My favorite part is that you get a bonus equal to damage dealt, but I can see it getting a bit crazy (and it doesn't even make sense for energy weapons/smite/etc.) :( How 'bout you take some number as a penalty to AC, your attacker gets the same number as a dmg bonus, and that's your disarm check bonus. After all, how much manlier is it to push yourself into the sword before you twist it outta your opponent's hands with your torso?

Also, special prereq: You must own one or more of the following--a greatsword, a kilt, cigars, meat-grilling equipment, a muscle horse with custom details, a coinpurse-sized picture of your sweetheart, a weapon that is either too large for you to normally wield or has more than three special abilities, letters from mom, a cowboy hat, or at least a week's growth of facial hair (leg and armpit hair are acceptable substitutes for non-dwarf women and elves).

Necomancer
2006-04-17, 10:28 PM
....I think I shall steal this and use it. My only regret is I cannot restat that goblin frenzied berserker I made some time back so he has this. That would be awsome.

DarrylHamlin
2006-04-17, 10:33 PM
....I think I shall steal this and use it. My only regret is I cannot restat that goblin frenzied berserker I made some time back so he has this. That would be awsome.

No! Bad DM! We're having enough problems with them!

Necomancer
2006-04-17, 10:39 PM
No! Bad DM! We're having enough problems with them!

Bah! I already said one of you might possibly survive. What more do you want?

DarrylHamlin
2006-04-17, 10:40 PM
Bah! I already said one of you might possibly survive. What more do you want?

The rogue who'll dash as soon as he figures out that we're all going to die doesn't count.

Abd al-Azrad
2006-04-18, 03:42 AM
Wow. A week after I wrote the feat, suddenly I got five replies. Clearly this manly thing is a slow-growth market. I must capitalize. Next: some promise I made while tired and will never keep: The Real Man Prestige Class!

kailin
2006-04-19, 01:11 AM
Clearly you owe the sudden responses to my bursting onto the scene (lookit: four out of six replies were posted within 20 minutes of mine). Not because that player-dm conference had anything to do with what I said, mind you, simply because such is the power of Kailin and his glowy wands.

Goumindong
2006-04-19, 06:46 AM
Wow. A week after I wrote the feat, suddenly I got five replies. Clearly this manly thing is a slow-growth market. I must capitalize. Next: some promise I made while tired and will never keep: The Real Man Prestige Class!

Basing it on Jean Claude Van-Dam right?

Or something similar.

Anyway, if you do, you must make sure that the character only ever gets one attack per round. Doesnt matter what their BAB progression is, they only ever get one attack.

And afterwards they have to flex and say "aaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhh hh"