PDA

View Full Version : So I have

Erothayce
2009-06-05, 01:49 AM
A question for the assembled masses on this board.

I have 19,000GP to spend on any item with the restriction that i spend no more than 10,000GP on any one item. I'm playing a pure level 7 human druid. Also I'm playing on a 3.5 campaign and pretty much any book is ok to use.

So what should I get?

(And sorry if this doesn't deserve a thread.)

BobVosh
2009-06-05, 02:05 AM
Straight druid? PHB2 druid? etc, more info please.

Are you going to be tanking, dps, casting, healing (yes, I know, probably all of the above, but which does the party need the MOST)

Erothayce
2009-06-05, 02:10 AM
A 3.5 druid with no deviations from core. As it looks right now I'll pretty much be the jack of all trades seeing as the other players will be a ranger, a monk and someone who's not sure yet. Not really sure of the world or campaign yet Just looking for general good items for a druid. Sorry for being vague before.

Tempest Fennac
2009-06-05, 02:20 AM
http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Summon_Elemental,all will be useful if you need to spring traps. I'm not sure what else to recommend apart from Natural Spell sadly.

Starscream
2009-06-05, 02:49 AM
Have you got any items already? If not, Wild Armor is nice for druids. Costs 9000 gp + whatever the base armor is.

Beastskin armor is similarly useful, and only costs 4000. Only difference is that instead of merging with you but still functioning, this armor changes shape as well. So instead of becoming a bear who gets an armor bonus even though he just looks like a bear, you become a bear wearing bear-sized armor.

Edit:
Wild Armor is from the DMG. Beastskin is from Magic Item Compendium

Erothayce
2009-06-05, 02:53 AM
I haven't bought any items yet. Which book is Wild Armor from?

Doc Roc
2009-06-05, 02:59 AM
Oh man, these are fun. How optimized do you want your item build-out to be? Cause we can do this thing.

I presume all books are allowed?

Erothayce
2009-06-05, 03:09 AM
As it stand right now yes, all books are allowed. I'd like to be as optimized as my wealth level will let me be. I'll check back on this in the morning when it's not 1:10am.

Thank you everyone for you help.

Doc Roc
2009-06-05, 03:16 AM
And everybody was kunnnnng fuuuu fighting...

Okay:

General advice:
Take natural spell.
Take enhance wildshape, from the spell compendium.
Take greenbound summoning, LEoF
Take augment summoning
Take Imbued Summoning phb2
If you can get aberrant wildshape, from lords of madness, doooo eeeet.

Items:
1x Wilding Clasps & 1x ring of the beast (comp champ)

Summoning spells cast as though they were a level lower.
I hear that's good I guess. ;)

mostlyharmful
2009-06-05, 05:08 AM
Make sure you pick up a few rings and a belt, even if you wildshape and don't have a wildling clasp, virtually everything has didgits and a waist and the items change size to fit you.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-06-05, 05:13 AM
Decanter of endless water. You always need one.

BobVosh
2009-06-05, 05:34 AM
And everybody was kunnnnng fuuuu fighting...

Okay:

General advice:
Take natural spell.
Take enhance wildshape, from the spell compendium.
Take greenbound summoning, LEoF
Take augment summoning
Take Imbued Summoning phb2
If you can get aberrant wildshape, from lords of madness, doooo eeeet.

Items:
1x Wilding Clasps & 1x ring of the beast (comp champ)

Summoning spells cast as though they were a level lower.
I hear that's good I guess. ;)

If you listen to nothing else this man says, get the wilding clasps. Also I would say Aberrant Wildshape = Godly

Erothayce
2009-06-05, 01:32 PM
Sounds good to me. Thanks for the help.:smallbiggrin:

Curmudgeon
2009-06-05, 01:43 PM
Make sure you pick up a few rings and a belt, even if you wildshape and don't have a wildling clasp, virtually everything has didgits and a waist and the items change size to fit you. No, that doesn't work very well.
Any gear worn or carried by the druid melds into the new form and becomes nonfunctional. When the druid reverts to her true form, any objects previously melded into the new form reappear in the same location on her body that they previously occupied and are once again functional. Any new items worn in the assumed form fall off and land at the druid's feet. And wild shape forms without opposable thumbs aren't going to be able to pick up gear and put it on if you try to take it off before changing shape. You'd be restricted to primate forms (ape, baboon, monkey).

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-05, 02:57 PM
No, that doesn't work very well. And wild shape forms without opposable thumbs aren't going to be able to pick up gear and put it on if you try to take it off before changing shape. You'd be restricted to primate forms (ape, baboon, monkey).I'd assume he has a party. Teamwork, people.

@ the OP:Snag a Periapt of Wisdom +2. If you could swing +4, I'd say do it, but it kind of breaks through the 10K limit. Also, anything to allow you to talk while Wildshaped. You'd be surprised how often people forget that. I recommend a Custom Item of Speak With animals at-will that you give to one of the party members.