PDA

View Full Version : Shackled City Finale, need help ASAP

The Glyphstone
2009-06-05, 01:09 PM
My group is running the climatic adventure of the Shackled City adventure path tonight, but the actual issue of Dungeon magazine that contains the stats for the final boss has gone missing. Would anyone who has access to the issue in question be willing to PM me the statblock for Adamarkis?

Tam_OConnor
2009-06-05, 01:24 PM
I'll send it to you, but I won't get home to my computer until 5ish. Not much prep time, I'm afraid. Better than nothing, eh? Anyone else with it really handy?

Telonius
2009-06-05, 01:28 PM
Hoo boy, I don't have it handy, but you have your work cut out for you. First of all, there is not one stat block. There are two. Adi has two forms, one angelic and one demonic (archonic/devilish? can't remember). Anyway, this is the single most difficult combat I've ever faced as a player. Lots of at-will abilities, 500+HP in both forms, tons of immunities, and a brilliant energy whip in one of his forms. The players have to defeat BOTH combat forms in order to fully defeat him. A few years back, my group took about 5-6 hours of combat to finally put this bad boy down.

The Glyphstone
2009-06-05, 02:01 PM
Well, we're not scheduled to actually start for a few hours...should I assume that 5 is more than a few hours away for you?

EDIT: And the problem is solved, thanks to google, someone called Dr. Mike, and his Steak Dinners. Odd name for a blog, but lots of useful stuff, including what I needed.

Tam_OConnor
2009-06-05, 02:53 PM
Yeah, central time. Good to hear you got the stat block taken care of, though. Good luck to your players!

The Glyphstone
2009-06-05, 02:55 PM
Actually, I am one of the players. There's three of us taking on this beast - an Ubercharger barbarian, a Shadowcraft Mage (Me) and a Telepath Psion,...It's all I can do to resist opening the PDF and looking at just how badly we're screwed. It sounds like we'll need the luck though.