PDA

View Full Version : Casting Resurrection... on junk.

bluewind95
2009-06-05, 08:18 PM
So yesterday I saw this video that showed how to do flowers from bad CDs. I own a lot of useless CDs and therefore I decided to give it a try.

I didn't quite stop there, though. I did 3 flowers, and a sort of vase-thing, and added some stuff I found around the house and came up with the following:

Picture1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/bluewind95/CDFlowers1.jpg)
Picture2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/bluewind95/CDFlowers2.jpg)

I then gave it to my mom as a present.

I think it's the first and only craft I have ever done that looks half decent. What do you guys think? Any other ideas to create something half-nice from things like dead CDs and batteries and whatnot?

KerfuffleMach2
2009-06-05, 11:06 PM
Something I learned way back in Cub Scouts. A skeleton out of milk jugs. For Halloween.

Basically, you need five empty milk jugs, a marker, some scissors, a hole punch, and zip ties.

One jug gets turned upside down. This will be the head. The front of the face should be the corner opposite the handle. Draw out the eyes, nose, and mouth with the marker, and cut them out. Take the cap off and use the hole punch to make holes on the threads there. You need at least two holes. I went with four.

On the second jug, draw the spaces between the ribs and cut those out. Also, draw a large triangle at the bottom for the stomach. And cut that out. Make sure the jug is oriented the same way as the head, with the handle in the back. Take off the cap and make a couple more holes. Make sure they line up with the ones at the bottom of the head.

On the other three jugs, what you do will mostly be the same. On the corners, draw out two bones for each arm and two bones for each leg. On the flat parts, you will need to draw two hands and two feet. Then cut all of these out. You will need to cut the handles off of two of the jugs, as these will act as shoulders. When cutting the handles off, make one end wider than the other. This is easier if you cut into the jug at the bottom of the handle. Cut off the bottom of one of the jugs, for use as the hips. For the hip part, it is a good idea to make the cut higher on the corners and lower at the flats. That will make it look better when the legs are on.

On each end of the leg and arm bones, make a hole with the hole punch. Each hand and foot needs a hole at the end. Make one hole on two opposite high points (or low if you turn it upside down) of the hip piece. Make three holes on the wider end of each shoulder, and one on the smaller end. Make two holes near each other in the middle of the top of the head. Do the same for the bottom of the rib section and the top of the hip section. Near the top of the rib section, you will need to make three holes on each side, to line up with the shoulders. Some of these holes you may need the scissors to make.

Now, using the zip ties, connect all the pieces in the right order. For the body pieces, pull the ties tight so the body stays solid. For the limbs, leave them loose so they can move. How loose is up to you. Then, on top of the head, put a tie through the two holes. Make sure the tie is fairly loose, because this will be how you hang it. Cut off the extra end of the ties.

Well, that's the basics to it. You can get creative with shaping the pieces and stuff, if you want. Maybe use colored markers or paint to give it more detail. Whatever works for you.