PDA

View Full Version : The BBEG..For Justice? (Opt. v3.5)

WeeFreeMen
2009-06-05, 11:45 PM
Hello all. As usual I come to you playgrounds seeking your Optimization advice and the like. So far, I have not been disappointed.

In my upcoming campaign, my characters will be caught in an arena and escape through their own means, however the owner of the affair doesn't take a liking to this and hires someone to drag them back, but the key is..alive..

Anyway. The build is

Sorcerer (Combat Variant)-6
Fighter- 1
Ranger- 1
Justiciar (Com. Warrior)- 10

Side Note: The race for this BBEG is "Ghost Elf" its a homebrew as a Ying to a Drows Yang. So to speak.

Ghost Elf (Alfar)
+2 Dexterity +2 Charisma -2 Constitution
-Medium
-Base Movement: 40ft
-Low-Light Vision (Can see twice as far as humans in Conditions of poor Illumination)
-Immunity to Sleep/Paralyze effects
- Racial Save Bonus: +2 on Will Saves vs. Enchantments
-Race Skill Bonus: +2 on Stealth Checks, +2 on Perception Checks, -2 on Athletics
-Special Qualities: Immunity to Sleep/Paralyzing effects.
3/Day: Invisibility 1/Day: Pass Without Trace (All Spell-Like abilities cast at 1st Level CL)
-Languages: Elven/Common. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Dwarven, Celestial
-Level Adjustment: +2

Hey will have several "Masterwork-Cold Steel-Manacles" as weapons
Each holding a specific Stored Spell
-Ray of: Exaustion, Dizziness, Enfeeblement, Clumsiness, Stupidity, etc

Basically to try and stat out the PCs and bring them in for JUSTICE!

But I am by no means an optimizer so I leave the Feat count to you.

Rules: 1) Please try and keep it to the Class Levels I specified.
2) the PrC <B>MUST</B> stay.
3) Keep it 3.0-3.5, No campaign specific material please.

Have fun. and thank you in advance :D

Coidzor
2009-06-06, 12:41 AM
What sort of party composition/numbers is he going up against or are you shooting for maximum reusability without a whole lot of retooling?

V: Well, with that knowledge it seems that he'll mostly have to focus on avoiding/eliminating blasting spells more than having to find a way to deal with Baby Batman, so that's good news for your BBNobleWarriorRaceGuy.

or we could just call him nemesis hunter man. Hunt Man! *mega man theme music plays*

WeeFreeMen
2009-06-06, 12:50 AM
Im gonna have to say, a reoccurring boss type, mostly cause I dont liek having them fight 10 bosses..plus I really wanna reuse my favorite PrC as a boss lol.

But they are all.

Lv 6: Fighter/Sorcer Gish
Lv 6: Ranger
Lv 6: Sorc/Rouge

They are geared out, with Custom Items, kinda like Weapons of Legacy but designed for their specific goals / class routes. Just for flavor n fun

Hope this helps. thx

WeeFreeMen
2009-06-06, 01:39 AM
Haha, Hunt Man It is.

His tactics will be.
Split them up in the arena with AoE Fog spells (Or Slide, cause that spell wins!)
and then Manacle them off and set a trap for the one that tries to help the Hog-Tied PrC

Aside from that, he isnt allowed to use Lethal Force.

BobVosh
2009-06-06, 05:56 AM
He is level 18. Just wade in and punt around 3 characters who COMBINED level is 18. You don't even need to stat him yet.

raptor1056
2009-06-06, 06:55 AM
Hello all. As usual I come to you playgrounds seeking your Optimization advice and the like. So far, I have not been disappointed.

In my upcoming campaign, my characters will be caught in an arena and escape through their own means, however the owner of the affair doesn't take a liking to this and hires someone to drag them back, but the key is..alive..

Anyway. The build is

Sorcerer (Combat Variant)-6
Fighter- 1
Ranger- 1
Justiciar (Com. Warrior)- 10

Side Note: The race for this BBEG is "Ghost Elf" its a homebrew as a Ying to a Drows Yang. So to speak.

Ghost Elf (Alfar)
+2 Dexterity +2 Charisma -2 Constitution
-Medium
-Base Movement: 40ft
-Low-Light Vision (Can see twice as far as humans in Conditions of poor Illumination)
-Immunity to Sleep/Paralyze effects
- Racial Save Bonus: +2 on Will Saves vs. Enchantments
-Race Skill Bonus: +2 on Stealth Checks, +2 on Perception Checks, -2 on Athletics
-Special Qualities: Immunity to Sleep/Paralyzing effects.
3/Day: Invisibility 1/Day: Pass Without Trace (All Spell-Like abilities cast at 1st Level CL)
-Languages: Elven/Common. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Dwarven, Celestial
-Level Adjustment: +2

Hey will have several "Masterwork-Cold Steel-Manacles" as weapons
Each holding a specific Stored Spell
-Ray of: Exaustion, Dizziness, Enfeeblement, Clumsiness, Stupidity, etc

Basically to try and stat out the PCs and bring them in for JUSTICE!

But I am by no means an optimizer so I leave the Feat count to you.

Rules: 1) Please try and keep it to the Class Levels I specified.
2) the PrC <B>MUST</B> stay.
3) Keep it 3.0-3.5, No campaign specific material please.

Have fun. and thank you in advance :D

First: that race is incredibly powerful.
Secondly: You have Bring em Back alive. While Sorc may not be the strongest choice in conjunction with other very combat heavy classes, you can still go "smack, smack, smack. You're now KO'd y'all."

playswithfire
2009-06-06, 07:50 AM
How about the feat Practiced Spellcaster and the second level spell Fearsome Grapple to get you +8 to grapple checks, unless you're planning to use Use Rope instead of grapple checks.