PDA

View Full Version : Cybernetic Rules

Otogi
2009-06-06, 08:29 AM
I've been looking for rules for cybernetics, but all I have to use is d20 future, the grafts from 3.5 and some really weird ones from the new Gamma World. Does anybody know where I can find some streamlined rules for cybernetics?

hiryuu
2009-06-06, 08:36 AM
d20 Cyberscape had a bunch more options.

JellyPooga
2009-06-06, 08:36 AM
Is this specifically for a d20 game or are you looking for a game-system that incorporates them?

If the former, then I can't really help you out beyond something homebrewed (which would take time).

If the latter, then I can recommend Cyberpunk 2020, GURPS and Shadowrun (in order of familiarity for myself). Traveller also has rules for cybernetics that are quite vague, allowing you to fluff them at your whim (whether that appeals to you or not is up to you).

J.Gellert
2009-06-06, 09:35 AM
I've noticed grafts are created and priced as normal items with the same effect, but with double cost (as per items that do not take up space). So, in theory, you can create a graft of anything if you follow the basic item creation rules and double the cost of the resulting item.

If that doesn't help, you can try re-fluffing the Deformity line of feats.

bosssmiley
2009-06-06, 11:07 AM
Dungeon #95 had a "Mecha Crusade" mini-setting* with a ten-level Cyborg class. Special class ability: new cybernetic mod every other level (darkvision eyes, enhanced NA, cyberstrength, enhanced reflexes, etc).

Class + body mods were 2 pages total, and almost completely interchangable with D&D.

* gritty cyberpunk meets animu-style mecha - it was quite good, surprisingly. :smallconfused:

Otogi
2009-06-06, 11:42 AM
Alright, I'll try to see what I can find in CP 2020 and Dungeon. I already have cyberscape, and it does seem to have what I'm looking for, but I'll still try the others to see a general idea of cybernetics.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-06-06, 12:02 PM
Yeah, the Cyborg class in Dungeon works out rather well and can only get better if you mix in the cybernetics from d20 future (though if this is for a D&D game then you'll need to determine a price for them) so that's my suggestion.

AbyssKnight
2009-06-06, 12:04 PM
Maug grafts (Fiend Folio)
Warforged Grafts (Eberron, Magic of Eberron I think)

Since both Maug and Warforged are constructs, the appearance of the grafts would be very Cybernetic looking.