PDA

View Full Version : 4e Hybrid Character -- "Hell Knight"

Decoy Lockbox
2009-06-07, 03:24 PM
Have any of you made or played any hybrid characters? I've made a few and these two came out looking pretty good. They are both level 10, as they are intended to be backup characters for the guy I'm currently running in a 4e campaign.

For the first one, I combined a battlerager fighter with an infernal pact warlock to create a "hell knight". The character can function as a ranged striker, using his warlock spells and curse, as well as his cloak of distortion to keep safe from enemy ranged attackers. He can also function as a melee defender, using his massive AC, melee damage output, fighter marking and best of all, battlerager vigor (with a 20 CON). He also has a third mode, which for lack of a better phrase I'll call "ranged defender", in which he stands near the party's squishy ranged guys (non-staff wizards, ranged rangers, etc) and uses his warlock spells to attack, switching into defender mode if an enemy should get too close. The khopesh might seem like a strange choice of weapon, but it was the only thing I could find that was both a heavy blade (for implement purposes) and an axe (for brash strike), in addition to being a rather cool weapon.

Lvl 10 Fighter|Warlock hybrid, Goliath

Str 20 = 16+2+1+1
Con 20 = 16+2+1+1
Dex 13
Int 10
Wis 11
Cha 8

HP 83 (13+20+5+(9x5)) surges 12, surge value 20
AC 28 (15+8+2+1+2)
Fortitude 23 (15+5+2+1)
Reflex 21 (15+1+2+1+2)
Will 18 (15+0+2+1)

Attack: +16 with melee attacks, +14 with spells
Brash strike = 1d8+15
Hellish rebuke = 1d6+8

Feats (6): Arcane implement proficiency(heavy blade), focused expertise(heavy blade), hybrid talent(infernal pact boon), hybrid talent(fighter armor), hybrid talent(battlerager vigor), toughness.

Skills:
Athletics 15 = (5+5+5+2-2)
Endurance 13 = (5+5+5-2)
Arcana 10 = (5+0+5)

Item slots:
Lvl 11 +3 Magic Khopesh
Lvl 10 +2 agile drakescale armor
Lvl 9 +2 Cloak of Distortion
4,200 gp
Large Shield
Iron armbands of power 1,800 gp
2,400 gp remaining for other items

Powers
At-will: Hellish Rebuke, Brash Strike
Encounter: Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt, Come and Get It
Daily: Villain’s Menace, Hunger of Hadar, Summons of Khirad
Utility: Pass Forward, Life Siphon, Shielding Shades
Race: Stone’s Endurance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second character evolved out of my desire to make a "white wizard", someone skilled in both the arcane and divine, sort of like a mystic theurge in 3.5 (except, you know, not crappy). For this, I realized that wizard has WIS as a secondary stat, and the Invoker has INT as a secondary stat. Combining the two seemed like a good fit. I added on multiclass cleric for the free heal 1/day, as well as further diversification of the character (and even more paragon paths and feats to choose from). In addition, multiclassing into cleric let me have all 3 of my utility powers have the word "shield" in them.

Lvl 10 Invoker|Wizard/Cleric, Deva Male (The “white wizard” build)

Str 8
Con 13
Dex 11
Int 20 = 16+2+1+1
Wis 20 = 16 +2+1+1
Cha 10

HP 59 (10+13+(4x9)) surges 7, surge value 14
AC 28 (15+3+2+5+1+1+1)
Fortitude 19 (15+1+2+1)
Reflex 24 (15+5+2+1)
Will 26 (15+5+2+2+1+1)

Attack: +13 for all spells and prayers

Feats (5): Hybrid talent(invoker armor), Hybrid talent(staff of defense), focused expertise(staff), staff fighting, Initiate of the Faith, Acolyte Power.

Skills:
Religion 17 = 5+5+5+2
Arcana 15 = 5+5+5
Insight 15 = 5+5+5
Nature 15 = 5+5+5
History 12 = 5+5+2 (untrained)

Item slots:
Lvl 11 Circlet of Mental Onslaught
Lvl 10 +2 Shimmering Hide Armor
Lvl 9 +2 Cloak of Distortion
White robes, white wizard’s hat, trained white-tailed hawk (perched on shoulder)
+2 Staff of Defense – 2,600 gp
Ritual Book – 50gp
Unseen servant focus – 25gp
615 gold of ritual components

Rituals:
Lower Water – 100gp (component 25gp, nature)
Unseen Servant – 50gp (component 20gp, religion)
Animal Messenger – 50gp (component 10gp, nature)
Speak with Dead – 360gp (component 140gp, nature)
Brew Potion – 75gp
Comprehend Language – 50gp (component 10gp, arcane)
Enchant Magic Item – 175gp
Tenser’s Floating Disk – 50gp (component 10gp, arcane)

Powers
At-will: Vanguard’s Lighting, Thunderwave
Encounter: Grasping Shadows, Shock Sphere, Thunderbolt of the Heavens
Daily: Phantom Chasm, Searing Orb, Fourfold Invocation of Doom
Utility: Shield, Shield of Light, Shielding Word
Race: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Feat: Healing Word

Other class/race features:
necrotic/radiant resist 9
Covenant of Preservation
Staff of defense
Cantrips (light, mage hand, ghost sound, prestidigitation)

SSGoW
2009-06-07, 03:38 PM
so are you multiclassing these or are you just mixing two classes together to make a new class?

Mando Knight
2009-06-07, 03:41 PM
so are you multiclassing these or are you just mixing two classes together to make a new class?

He's using the Hybrid rules from DDI. Dragon 375 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drtoc/375) is the particular issue in question.

...Also, Focused Expertise needs to be taken with a particular weapon, for example Focused Expertise (Khopesh).

Decoy Lockbox
2009-06-07, 04:28 PM
He's using the Hybrid rules from DDI. Dragon 375 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drtoc/375) is the particular issue in question.

...Also, Focused Expertise needs to be taken with a particular weapon, for example Focused Expertise (Khopesh).

Sorry, must have overlooked that. These two were hastily slapped together characters made to explore the possibilities of the hybrid system, so I wasn't really paying attention to stuff like that.

I really liked the hybrid rules so far, because they remind me of the old 1e/2e AD&D multiclass rules, in which you literally tacked two classes together (but divided xp). I feel like these are a more refined version of what was fundamentally a sound idea (if executed poorly).

shadzar
2009-06-07, 04:51 PM
Looks interesting, but not being able to see what the hybrid rules are I have no idea what you have done.

Likewise, not being a DDI subscribed, and not having the hybrid rules, means I couldn't try making one. :smallfrown:

What would the fighter/warlock be in combat?

Does he defend himself mostly, or just so that the warlock can use those curses and stay close and take the damage, or some combined form of defender/striker, to make a melee controller? :smallconfused:

So with all his forms/modes, what prompted the combination for the fighter/warlock hybrid?

Sir Homeslice
2009-06-07, 05:20 PM
Looks interesting, but not being able to see what the hybrid rules are I have no idea what you have done.

Hybrid rules are in Dragon 375, they're relatively easy to find on the internet.

As for me, I've made three hybrids so far, an 11th level Deva Avenger|Swordmage (Ensnaring) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130096), an 11th level Human Fighter|Paladin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=124089), and an 11th level Longtooth Shifter Rogue|Ranger (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=124160). The last two were made with the old hybrid rules, however, so some things mighit be off.

NPCMook
2009-06-07, 06:23 PM
Neither of those characters are legal, You can only take the Hybrid Talent feat once, and gain it an additional time through Hybrid Paragon Pathing your classes, So you will have to re-tweak them a bit.

Decoy Lockbox
2009-06-07, 09:43 PM
Neither of those characters are legal, You can only take the Hybrid Talent feat once, and gain it an additional time through Hybrid Paragon Pathing your classes, So you will have to re-tweak them a bit.

Thats a real bummer. Does the feat need to explicitly say that you can take it twice in order to be taken twice? I assumed you could take them multiple times due to the phrase "you can't choose an option you already have" being included in the feat.

Likewise, not being a DDI subscribed, and not having the hybrid rules, means I couldn't try making one. :smallfrown:

What would the fighter/warlock be in combat?

Does he defend himself mostly, or just so that the warlock can use those curses and stay close and take the damage, or some combined form of defender/striker, to make a melee controller? :smallconfused:

So with all his forms/modes, what prompted the combination for the fighter/warlock hybrid?

The fighter/warlock would either be a ranged striker using his warlock spells and extra warlock's curse dice, or a melee defender, using his fighter's mark, high AC and battlerager vigor. He could also provide a back-line defense role while in striker mode, protecting the other ranged people in the party against enemy skirmishers/lurkers who make it through the main lines.

What prompted me to make the combination? I just thought a fighter|warlock would be cool. Then I realized that battlerager vigor and infernal pact warlock has some synergy. Of course, if you can't take the hybrid talent feat more than once, the character is effectively scuttled. The second one would work fine, though his ac would go down by 1 (due to having to take leather armor instead of hide).

NPCMook
2009-06-07, 09:58 PM
Yes, the feat will explicitly say if you can take it multiple times, however I would look at the updated rules, I believe Warlocks gain their pacts regardless, they do not however gain access to the powers granted by it, so a Hybrid Warlock can ONLY take At-wills not granted by Pact boons...

However, You can take the Hybrid talent Feat to gain the Pact Boon, but it requires you to have the at-will power you gain from the Pact... that confuses me...

Also looking at this article there's a note that says the Character Builder will not support Hybrids at this time... yet the newest update added support for them... Not the updated rules they released in 375, but the rules from 374

Jokes
2009-06-07, 11:12 PM
A workaround is to take a different pact to start off with for your Hybrid pact, then at level 11 take Twofold Pact and you gain the boon and at will of the pact you want.

The Glyphstone
2009-06-07, 11:20 PM
Thats a real bummer. Does the feat need to explicitly say that you can take it twice in order to be taken twice? I assumed you could take them multiple times due to the phrase "you can't choose an option you already have" being included in the feat.

I would assume that's there to stop you from Hybrid Classing with your own class, though why you would do such a thing I don't know.

Jokes
2009-06-07, 11:24 PM
I would assume that's there to stop you from Hybrid Classing with your own class, though why you would do such a thing I don't know.

It's to stop you from picking up the better unhybridized class feature, like Sneak Attack or Hunters Quarry and use it for any attack you make, or use both of them on the same attack.

NPCMook
2009-06-08, 12:23 AM
Hybrid Swordmage|Ranger I built, he's only level 8 because that's what level my current group is up too. I built a Warforged Fighter|Paladin he would be interesting to play, but I'll have to wait for my current character to die lol:smalltongue: Sadly that will not happen since we have Two Warlords, A Paladin and A Cleric... So the heals are abundant
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
level 8
Genasi, Swordmage|Ranger
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Aegis of Assault
Hybrid Talent: Fighting Style
Fighting Style: Two-Blade Fighting Style

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 8.

AC: 23 Fort: 20 Reflex: 19 Will: 15
HP: 64 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 16

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +14, Arcana +14, Perception +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +6, Heal +4, History +9, Insight +4, Intimidate +3, Nature +6, Religion +9, Stealth +5, Streetwise +3, Thievery +5

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Desert Moon Dancer
Level 4: Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 6: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 8: Focused Expertise (Scimitar)

POWERS
Hybrid Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Hybrid Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst
Hybrid daily 1: Dragon's Teeth
Hybrid daily 5: Two-Wolf Pounce
Hybrid encounter 1: Falcon's Mark
Hybrid encounter 3: Leonine Surge
Hybrid encounter 7: Watchful Strike
Hybrid utility 2: Hunter's Privilege
Hybrid utility 6: Fate-Spurned Foe

ITEMS
Spellbook, Wolfen Scimitar +2, Subtle Scimitar +2, Veteran's Leather Armor +2, Cannith Goggles (heroic tier), Quickhit Braces (heroic tier), Giantkind Gloves (heroic tier)

Shadow_Elf
2009-06-08, 12:43 AM
I made a level 11 Drow Hybrid Bard|Rogue with the Swashbuckler Paragon Path from Martial Power for an upcoming one-off. Not only does she kick ass (Sly Flourish + Footpad's Friend + Bard-level CHA = Profit!), she also has some limited heals. Also, she's a pirate, complete with Parrot familiar (Dragon 374) and rapier and swashbuckling attitude. Lots of shifts, marks and taunts and general ridiculousness makes her look really fun to play (haven't tried her yet though).

Decoy Lockbox
2009-06-08, 10:37 AM
I made a level 11 Drow Hybrid Bard|Rogue with the Swashbuckler Paragon Path from Martial Power for an upcoming one-off. Not only does she kick ass (Sly Flourish + Footpad's Friend + Bard-level CHA = Profit!), she also has some limited heals. Also, she's a pirate, complete with Parrot familiar (Dragon 374) and rapier and swashbuckling attitude. Lots of shifts, marks and taunts and general ridiculousness makes her look really fun to play (haven't tried her yet though).

That sounds really cool. Did you take vicious mockery as your bard at-will? The bard in our party has it, and he loves using it to finish off people; we like to think of it as a "Yo mama" joke that is so good, it literally has the power to kill.

It's to stop you from picking up the better unhybridized class feature, like Sneak Attack or Hunters Quarry and use it for any attack you make, or use both of them on the same attack.

But you can't do that...only the features listed under "you can take this with the feat" apply, and sneak attack/quarry/curse/etc are not there. Now, yes, in the old version of the hybrid playtest you certainly could do that, but not any longer.

Hybrid Swordmage|Ranger I built, he's only level 8 because that's what level my current group is up too. I built a Warforged Fighter|Paladin he would be interesting to play, but I'll have to wait for my current character to die lol:smalltongue: Sadly that will not happen since we have Two Warlords, A Paladin and A Cleric... So the heals are abundant
level 8
Genasi, Swordmage|Ranger
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Aegis of Assault
Hybrid Talent: Fighting Style
Fighting Style: Two-Blade Fighting Style

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 8.

AC: 23 Fort: 20 Reflex: 19 Will: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +14, Arcana +14, Perception +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +6, Heal +4, History +9, Insight +4, Intimidate +3, Nature +6, Religion +9, Stealth +5, Streetwise +3, Thievery +5

FEATS
Level 2: Desert Moon Dancer
Level 6: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 8: Focused Expertise (Scimitar)

POWERS
Hybrid Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Hybrid Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst
Hybrid daily 1: Dragon's Teeth
Hybrid daily 5: Two-Wolf Pounce
Hybrid encounter 1: Falcon's Mark
Hybrid encounter 3: Leonine Surge
Hybrid encounter 7: Watchful Strike
Hybrid utility 2: Hunter's Privilege
Hybrid utility 6: Fate-Spurned Foe

ITEMS
Spellbook, Wolfen Scimitar +2, Subtle Scimitar +2, Veteran's Leather Armor +2, Cannith Goggles (heroic tier), Quickhit Braces (heroic tier), Giantkind Gloves (heroic tier)

Ranger|swordmage...pretty cool idea, actually. Is that Wolfen scimitar from the new Eberron book? I don't think I could play a 23 AC swordmage though...I have this wierd fetish for AC, not sure where it came from. You'll notice that I basically pulled out all the stops to get a high AC for my white wizard (staff of defense, defensive staff, staff fighting, hide armor), even though having an AC that high as a back row caster isn't really all that important.

NPCMook
2009-06-08, 10:57 AM
Well normally I build my characters who dual-wield to use double Weapons since those give me an Extra +1 AC, but this time I decided to try out the weapon styles from Martial Power 2, I will probably eventually retrain it for Weapon Focus.

Also, pump your AC all you want, when you get to Paragon you need to protect them NADs, and at Epic level most of the basic attacks aim for the NADs, so AC starts to become less important.

The Wolfen Weapon is from a Bizarre Bazaar, +2 Perception, and its daily power as a free action allows you and all allies within 5 squares of you to act during the enemies surprise round

Asbestos
2009-06-08, 11:10 AM
Yes, the feat will explicitly say if you can take it multiple times, however I would look at the updated rules, I believe Warlocks gain their pacts regardless, they do not however gain access to the powers granted by it, so a Hybrid Warlock can ONLY take At-wills not granted by Pact boons...

However, You can take the Hybrid talent Feat to gain the Pact Boon, but it requires you to have the at-will power you gain from the Pact... that confuses me...

Warlocks are strange since technically ALL of their at-wills (except for the one that came out with the PHB Heroes series of minis) are connected to class features. Hybrid warlocks gain a pact automatically... but they do not automatically gain the associated at-will or pact boon. This means that while your hybrid Infernal warlock may not be able to gain THP when a cursed enemy drops or shoot Infernal Bolts (or whatever they are) he will still be able to benefit from the rider effects granted by having the 'Infernal Pact' class feature. If he chooses the associated at-will as his one warlock at-will and also takes Hybrid Talent: Pact Boon, then he will have the full benefits of his warlock pact.

ghost_warlock
2009-06-08, 12:05 PM
I've been kicking around the idea for a drow rogue (artful dodger)|warlock (dark pact) that uses a pact blade, but I haven't actually drawn up stats for anything, yet. I figure stat allocation would be easy enough, DEX/CHA>Int>everything else. Seems to me like it'd be a lot of fun to play. :smallsmile:

I also toyed around briefly with a druid|ranger idea for one of my players, but he decided to just go with a druid MC shaman.

Jokes
2009-06-08, 12:35 PM
But you can't do that...only the features listed under "you can take this with the feat" apply, and sneak attack/quarry/curse/etc are not there. Now, yes, in the old version of the hybrid playtest you certainly could do that, but not any longer.

True. Seems to be a carry over from the old rules. Though, I guess you could argue that without the "you can’t choose an option that you already have" clause, you could take two Fighter Weapon Talents.

Decoy Lockbox
2009-06-08, 01:44 PM
True. Seems to be a carry over from the old rules. Though, I guess you could argue that without the "you can’t choose an option that you already have" clause, you could take two Fighter Weapon Talents.

Yeah, I figured that was what it was there for.

Anybody tried making a ranger|fighter with tempest technique? Seems like it would be really nice. You could take dual strike as your fighter at-will, which would let you dish out the pain as well as marking two enemies a round if you wanted. And you would have a large number of two-weapon ranger powers, as well as hunter's quarry, to go into "blender mode" if the need arises.

Shadow_Elf
2009-06-08, 01:50 PM
That sounds really cool. Did you take vicious mockery as your bard at-will? The bard in our party has it, and he loves using it to finish off people; we like to think of it as a "Yo mama" joke that is so good, it literally has the power to kill.

No, I took "Misdirected Mark" as my Bard at-will for two reasons;
1: Because Marked by my ally + Swashbuckler level 11 feature = Profit
2: Because I can mark enemies with my parrot that way, should the need arise :smallamused:.

NPCMook
2009-06-08, 01:53 PM
I've been kicking around the idea for a drow rogue (artful dodger)|warlock (dark pact) that uses a pact blade, but I haven't actually drawn up stats for anything, yet. I figure stat allocation would be easy enough, DEX/CHA>Int>everything else. Seems to me like it'd be a lot of fun to play. :smallsmile:

I also toyed around briefly with a druid|ranger idea for one of my players, but he decided to just go with a druid MC shaman.

level 11
Drow, Rogue|Warlock
Hybrid Warlock: Hybrid Warlock Will
Hybrid Talent: Eldritch Pact
Eldritch Pact: Dark Pact
Eldritch Strike: Eldritch Strike Charisma
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 9, Con 12, Dex 21, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 21.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 20 Fort: 16 Reflex: 21 Will: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +15, Stealth +17, Perception +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Arcana +7, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +6, Heal +5, History +7, Insight +5, Intimidate +12, Nature +5, Religion +7, Streetwise +10, Thievery +10, Athletics +4

FEATS
Level 2: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 6: Cursed Advantage
Level 8: Focused Expertise (Dagger)
Level 10: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 11: Devastating Critical

POWERS
Hybrid Rogue at-will 1: Sly Flourish
Hybrid Warlock at-will 1: Eldritch Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Pommel Smash
Hybrid daily 5: Twilight of the Soul
Hybrid daily 9: Into Harm's Way
Hybrid encounter 1: Cursebite
Hybrid encounter 3: Defender's Cohort
Hybrid encounter 7: Shadow Strangler
Hybrid utility 10: Transcendent Dance
Hybrid utility 2: Beguiling Tongue
Hybrid utility 6: Chameleon

The Cursed Advantage is an extremely nice feat for this build, you spend a minor action to curse the enemy and now you have combat advantage, so you will always have Combat Advantage without flanking, or various other modifiers... I didn't pick a Paragon Path since this isn't the updated rules for Hybrid classing

ghost_warlock
2009-06-08, 03:27 PM
level 11
Drow, Rogue|Warlock
Hybrid Warlock: Hybrid Warlock Will
Hybrid Talent: Eldritch Pact
Eldritch Pact: Dark Pact
Eldritch Strike: Eldritch Strike Charisma
Arcane Implement Proficiency: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 9, Con 12, Dex 21, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 21.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 20 Fort: 16 Reflex: 21 Will: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +15, Stealth +17, Perception +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Arcana +7, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +6, Heal +5, History +7, Insight +5, Intimidate +12, Nature +5, Religion +7, Streetwise +10, Thievery +10, Athletics +4

FEATS
Level 2: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 6: Cursed Advantage
Level 8: Focused Expertise (Dagger)
Level 10: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 11: Devastating Critical

POWERS
Hybrid Rogue at-will 1: Sly Flourish
Hybrid Warlock at-will 1: Eldritch Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Pommel Smash
Hybrid daily 5: Twilight of the Soul
Hybrid daily 9: Into Harm's Way
Hybrid encounter 1: Cursebite
Hybrid encounter 3: Defender's Cohort
Hybrid encounter 7: Shadow Strangler
Hybrid utility 10: Transcendent Dance
Hybrid utility 2: Beguiling Tongue
Hybrid utility 6: Chameleon

The Cursed Advantage is an extremely nice feat for this build, you spend a minor action to curse the enemy and now you have combat advantage, so you will always have Combat Advantage without flanking, or various other modifiers... I didn't pick a Paragon Path since this isn't the updated rules for Hybrid classing

Nice! :smallsmile:

It hadn't occured to me to take Eldritch Strike instead of Spiteful Glamer, that'd probably work pretty well with this hybrid. BTW, though, Cursed Advantage only applies on bloodied opponents.

I actually worked on this a bit before I had to leave for a meeting at work. I was basing the character idea on my girlfriend's current character (a drow rogue). She seems to like to hang back and rely quite a bit on ranged attacks. Now that I think about it, Distant Advantage would be a very good feat for her; I'll have to remember to mention that to her later...

Also, it may not be incorporated into the current version of the hybrid rules in the character builder, but rogue actually gives 2 bonus trained skills in the Dragon 375 version. I went with Arcana, Acrobatics, Intimidate, Stealth, and Thievery for my build.

Another good pact would likely be fey, if you pick up Eyebite and the Hybrid Talent for Fey Pact. I can see that being very useful for a rogue to pop around snagging Combat Advantage. :smallsmile:

Also, I read the wording of the warlock Eldritch Pact (Hybrid) as meaning that, though you don't automatically get the at-will associated with your chosen pact, you can select it for your warlock at-will.

ref
2010-03-31, 12:04 AM
With the infernal pact, it means he doesn't heal when he kills someone, but still can get Hellish Rebuke.