PDA

View Full Version : What's a really good online fiction community?

Hannibal
2009-06-07, 09:45 PM
You know, one for serious writers with talent.

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-06-15, 04:22 PM
Are you implying that the people in this community don't have any talent?

Kara Kuro
2009-06-15, 05:17 PM
Are you implying that the people in this community don't have any artistic talent?

Don't think so.. Or at least not necissarily. I think Hannibal mostly is refering to something that ISN'T fanfiction.net...

Which yes, is kind of overcrowded by crazy fangirls and their respective crazy mary sues. Which is unfortunate because there is definitely SOME good stuff to be found there, you just kinda' have to dig for it.

Erm, I know there's a few others that are more specific than FF.net. For other sites that are as general, maybe Mediaminer.org? I think it's '.org' at least >.>

PhoeKun
2009-06-15, 05:26 PM
I'm not at all sure what it is you're looking for. A place to write? A place to read? I think where you get pointed to will depend on what your reason is for wanting to find a good online fiction community. Of course, off the top of my head I can't think of a single website that really fits your description(edit: at least, no dedicated sites of that nature...), so its possible you may be chasing a wild goose. It really all depends on what you want.

Off topic note: Kara, your avatar makes me giggle with delight.

Kaytara
2009-06-16, 12:27 AM
You know, one for serious writers with talent.

Actually, I do not think such a place is even possible. It would require someone filtering any and ALL stories that came through to maintain that necessary minimal level of quality, which would also be highly frustrating if the mod you get is a prick or just doesn't get something in your story, and on top of everything it would still be very slow... There are art sites like that, Epilogue comes to mind, but stories? I doubt it.

celtois
2009-06-16, 09:07 AM
Well I won't say it's exactly what your looking for. But both Fiction press and Writers Cafe aren't bad places to put up and read stories. However quality varies. Some people are quite talented though.

Quincunx
2009-06-16, 09:12 AM
You're welcome to follow the link to my home site. It will have a cost of courtesy, though. You won't be able to imply that a writer was not serious if that person posts something frothy. You certainly won't be able to imply that a writer has no talent.