PDA

View Full Version : Left-Eye (SoD spoilers)

Zerg Cookie
2009-06-08, 07:05 AM
So after O-Chul stabbed Redcloak's right eye out in #655, we see that the soul-thingy hits Redcloak's statue's right eye.

And don't forget Recloak's opposite: Right-Eye, Redcloak's brother.
Right-Eye believed that goblins can live in harmony far away from humans, without the parties fighting. Redcloak believed that humanity should be crushed and rebuilt as a goblin civilization.
And as I see it, they have opposite alignments: Lawful evil and Chaotic good.

Also, Right-Eye had the balls to free himself, as opposed to Redcloak who will probably die as a slave

Redcloak became "Left-Eye", another opposite of Right-Eye.
And there are many more examples of the brothers being opposites
Just my 2cp :smalltongue:

Azukar
2009-06-08, 07:11 AM
Not to mention the obvious physical and tactical differences.

If I was going to add another 2cp to the ante, I'd say that the dichotomy of the pair is going to have some kind of cool significance late in the piece. Even if it's largely symbolic.

Snake-Aes
2009-06-08, 07:13 AM
So after O-Chul stabbed Redcloak's right eye out in #655, we see that the soul-thingy hits Redcloak's statue's right eye.

And don't forget Recloak's opposite: Right-Eye, Redcloak's brother.
Right-Eye believed that goblins can live in harmony far away from humans, without the parties fighting. Redcloak believed that humanity should be crushed and rebuilt as a goblin civilization.
And as I see it, they have opposite alignments: Lawful evil and Chaotic good.

Also, Right-Eye had the balls to free himself, as opposed to Redcloak who will probably die as a slave

Redcloak became "Left-Eye", another opposite of Right-Eye.
And there are many more examples of the brothers being opposites
Just my 2cp :smalltongue:Technically, Redcloak doesn't want that. He wants leverage among the gods to give them equal footing in developing civilization.If such civilization is actually capable of crushing the humans, all the better

SadisticFishing
2009-06-08, 07:39 AM
Huh. I saw nothing at all saying that Redcloak really wanted what you've got spoilered. He's not nice, but he's definitely evil for the sake of good.

Snake-Aes
2009-06-08, 07:41 AM
Huh. I saw nothing at all saying that Redcloak really wanted what you've got spoilered. He's not nice, but he's definitely evil for the sake of good.

Got SoD? Read the crayon part. That's the Plan's goal. I never said he is not evil, Sadistic.

SadisticFishing
2009-06-08, 08:22 AM
Nah, not you. You had it right, though I didn't even see anything showing that RC wants to crush humans at all - people assume that because it would make sense.