PDA

View Full Version : 1 if by sea, 2 if by land.

shadzar
2009-06-08, 03:29 PM
:smalleek: Where oh where is that phylactery going? Left its little home to go find its way in the world away from its parents.

It was flowing from the right to left right? So its going out to the ocean.

Xykon gets killed now and respawns a new body out in the ocean. Pirate of the Stick coming up!

Xesirin
2009-06-08, 03:40 PM
I think Xykon is going to hike it out of there if any more spells/smite evil land on him.

Silverraptor
2009-06-08, 04:03 PM
Wrong order, dude. It's 1 by land, 2 by sea.

shadzar
2009-06-08, 04:13 PM
Wrong order, dude. It's 1 by land, 2 by sea.

Look at the panel again.

1 culvert goes to the ocean, and 2 go back towards the city works. 1 to sewer treatment basically, and the other to obligatory sewer maze which probably leads to a hidden lair for some creature under the city.

Maybe the maze even leads to the Azure rebels.

Silverraptor
2009-06-08, 04:18 PM
Look at the panel again.

1 culvert goes to the ocean, and 2 go back towards the city works. 1 to sewer treatment basically, and the other to obligatory sewer maze which probably leads to a hidden lair for some creature under the city.

Ah, I see. You reversed them on purpose.

See, that's the kind of thing you need to do before you make people like me look like fools.:smallamused:

shadzar
2009-06-08, 04:27 PM
Ah, I see. You reversed them on purpose.

Or maybe Rich reversed it on purpose. :smallconfused:

Teln
2009-06-08, 04:32 PM
Or maybe Rich reversed it on purpose. :smallconfused:

An admin, abuse power? Surely you jest! :smallbiggrin:

shadzar
2009-06-08, 04:41 PM
An admin, abuse power? Surely you jest! :smallbiggrin:

No, I mean Rich made the comic with 1 ocean route and two land routes in the comic. Either with or without thinking about the "1 if by land, 2 if by sea", so reversed it by simply making it as is.

I doubt it was a conscious decision, but rather just happened that way, and my mind connected the saying to it when seeing the panel and sewer destinations.

Not that someone changed the title of the thread on the forums. If they did that then many accidental misspellings wouldn't exist in thread titles. :smallwink:

ref
2009-06-08, 06:11 PM
The whammies are coming to steal your stand?

Flame of Anor
2009-06-08, 06:17 PM

Wow. That would be quite the coincidence. Maybe
we'll get three parallel stories leading up to 1) someone finding something in the ocean, 2) someone finding something in the sewage plant, and 3) someone finding something in the maze, and only then will we find out which is the phylactery!

Prowl
2009-06-08, 06:23 PM
It's pretty clearly going to the ocean, where it can advance the plot. The other two options are just for humor value.

Moff Chumley
2009-06-08, 06:29 PM
Agreed. Are we seeing a possible tying up of loose ends in preparation for the big finale?

Morgan Wick
2009-06-08, 08:12 PM
Agreed. Are we seeing a possible tying up of loose ends in preparation for the big finale?

Too many of them to wrap up in this book. There's a second page thread with a complete list.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the title of a strip down the line though...

David Argall
2009-06-09, 02:02 AM
actually, it is zero for none of the above. Xykon will land immediately and pick it up before it goes into any of the tunnels.