PDA

View Full Version : Isn't the Azure City Resistance in the catacombs?

goodyarn
2009-06-08, 11:13 PM
Why are people assuming there's no one down there to find the phylactery?

That's where I see this heading, anyway.

Mystic Muse
2009-06-08, 11:18 PM
no I think Rich has something better in mind for the phylactery. if he wanted it gone so quickly he'd have had it thrown in the rift.

goodyarn
2009-06-08, 11:19 PM
But if the resistance finds it, then it's not gone.

shadzar
2009-06-09, 12:20 AM
Well, with a war recently broken out, I wouldn't just grab some shiny object floating in a sewer. Could be a broken blade and don't need that cutting you in a bunch of poo water.

MReav
2009-06-09, 12:25 AM
I think it's being dragged out to the ocean.

DBJack
2009-06-09, 12:43 AM
If it was being dragged out into the ocean to be gone that way, then there wouldn't have been 3 passages to keep it ambigious and mysterious

gibbo88
2009-06-09, 01:33 AM
Since it's DUNGEONS and Dragons I would have thought we would just assume it was going into the catacombs? Be pretty handy though if it fell deep into the ocean and all you had was Xykon continually being reborn and crushed by the pressure.

Roc Ness
2009-06-09, 05:01 AM
Some people may still find that a funny, satisfying and cliffhangering ending.

:smallbiggrin:

Red XIV
2009-06-09, 05:04 AM
Since it's DUNGEONS and Dragons I would have thought we would just assume it was going into the catacombs? Be pretty handy though if it fell deep into the ocean and all you had was Xykon continually being reborn and crushed by the pressure.
If the water pressure would crush Xykon (does that even happen D&D?), it would also crush the phylactery. Which, I remind you, has already taken damage.

Snake-Aes
2009-06-09, 05:33 AM
If the water pressure would crush Xykon (does that even happen D&D?), it would also crush the phylactery. Which, I remind you, has already taken damage.

Can't say that. There isn't any dent in the thing

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-06-09, 06:52 AM
Why are people assuming there's no one down there to find the phylactery?

That's where I see this heading, anyway.

Well, traditionally functional sewers and catacombs could be separate areas under a city.

Certainly it doesn't look like the Resistance is hiding out in the pipes heading out to the ocean or in an anachronistic sewage plant. Maybe the sewer themed labyrinth?

Still, they could find it and pick it up, of course it would just look like one of the enemies holy symbols. If I was in the resistance I'd probably think "eh, just a bit of gear dropped during the battle or washed away in the occupation. Not going to bother grabbing that out of the sewage."

And that is why I would never know how close I was to finding something vital to the resistance.

Optimystik
2009-06-09, 09:27 AM
Yes, the resistance is in the catacombs; but catacombs != sewers.

Recall that manly O-Chul couldn't even scuff the finish with an iron bar. I think it'll be safe even in the ocean.

Ron Miel
2009-06-09, 03:51 PM
I thought they were all in caves outside the city.

petersohn
2009-06-09, 04:23 PM
They could be anywhere. Remember: there are 3 fractions.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-06-09, 11:34 PM
They could be anywhere. Remember: there are 3 fractions.

There were three factions. Now there is one lead by Thanh and Niu due to the serendeptioius presence of Mr. Scruffy and the superstition of the other leaders.

They all could be living in the catacombs, some of them in the caves, some of them hodling guard posts in the sewers...

I'm hoping Xykon's "lookin' for the thing" subplot brings back Thanh.

It would be a good opportunity for a Star Trek referrence when Xykon drops to his knees after witnessing his phylactery destroyed and yells "THAAAAAAAAANH!"

Cestrian
2009-06-09, 11:36 PM
I'm hoping Xykon's "lookin' for the thing" subplot brings back Thanh.

It would be a good opportunity for a Star Trek referrence when Xykon drops to his knees after witnessing his phylactery destroyed and yells "THAAAAAAAAANH!"

I can't tell you how much I want that to happen now.

goodyarn
2009-06-10, 10:27 AM
Well, with a war recently broken out, I wouldn't just grab some shiny object floating in a sewer. Could be a broken blade and don't need that cutting you in a bunch of poo water.

If you saw legions of goblin soldiers invading the sewers, looking for something, wouldn't that tip you off there is something there to find?

lindorm
2009-06-10, 10:36 AM
If you saw legions of goblin soldiers invading the sewers, looking for something, wouldn't that tip you off there is something there to find?
Doh.
If I was a resistance-member hiding in the sewers, and saw legions of enemy soldiers looking for something, ofc I would assume they were looking for something... most likely me.

shadzar
2009-06-10, 03:15 PM

:smallconfused: It would tip me off that there is plenty of distracted goblins for an ambush with plenty of surprise rounds to go around for the resistance.

[TS] Shadow
2009-06-10, 03:17 PM
The resistance will be fine. The reason why the phyacterly got lost is so that Team Evil will be stalled just a little bit longer before going to Girard's Gate.