PDA

View Full Version : I got it! MITD will show up in...

mescaLEO
2009-06-09, 02:59 AM
...strip #666! It's the number of the beast, babe!!! :biggrin:

kusje
2009-06-09, 03:11 AM
You think it's funny but most of us think your post is spam.

i6uuaq
2009-06-09, 03:12 AM
...strip #666! It's the number of the beast, babe!!! :biggrin:

that's..... actually pretty sensible. good one!

if it actually happens, you can sig it and claim credit.

mescaLEO
2009-06-09, 05:02 AM

The answer immediately under yours proves it's not. :smalltongue:

Haven
2009-06-09, 05:05 AM
I dunno, MitD seems too innocent for his big reveal to be in 666...then again, maybe that would be part of a big shock.

Oh wow, a telepath!

mistformsquirrl
2009-06-09, 05:12 AM
Hah, I like it! >_<

I'm torn... part of me REALLY wants to know what MITD...

And part of me really wants him to remain a mystery forever.

>_< Oh well, one way or another.

Azukar
2009-06-09, 05:31 AM
Hah, I like it! >_<

I'm torn... part of me REALLY wants to know what MITD...

And part of me really wants him to remain a mystery forever.

>_< Oh well, one way or another.

It's true, mysteries lose all their intrigue once they're no longer mysteries.

petersohn
2009-06-09, 06:39 AM
If Rich reads this thread, then you can be sure hat whenever he will be revealed it won't be at #666.

Teatime
2009-06-09, 06:45 AM
Doubtful.

War and XPs spoilers:

By the time War and XPs was published, Rich said in the commentary that there is still a "lot of comic left to go," and that "the identity of the MitD will not be revealed until the very end."

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-09, 08:30 PM
Doubtful.

War and XPs spoilers:

By the time War and XPs was published, Rich said in the commentary that there is still a "lot of comic left to go," and that "the identity of the MitD will not be revealed until the very end."

Yeah...the last strip will be between 1,000 and 9,999. I know that for sure.
Maybe, in strip 666, something bad happens. Maybe that's when Belkar dies...we'll see soon!

[TS] Shadow
2009-06-09, 08:35 PM
Yeah...the last strip will be between 1,000 and 9,999. I know that for sure.
Maybe, in strip 666, something bad happens. Maybe that's when Belkar dies...we'll see soon!

Belkar will die in 666? I doubt it; this scene is far from over. And no: Belkar won't die off panel.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-06-10, 01:25 AM
Maybe #666 will be about the fiends...*gasp*

Or, maybe the Giant will come up with something that absolutely no one saw coming. Thats what I love about this comic strip :smallsmile:

TengYt
2009-06-10, 09:57 AM
Roy will be revived in 666, just to complete subvert everything.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-10, 10:10 AM
Shadow;6255977']Belkar will die in 666? I doubt it; this scene is far from over. And no: Belkar won't die off panel.

I said "maybe". I say that because the number 666 is unlucky. Many Belkar fans will be sad when Belkar dies. (V won't be. Probably; I've only read the strios)

DUSUCK
2009-06-10, 10:18 AM
We already had this thread therefore. Thread = Failure...

Eldritch_Ent
2009-06-10, 10:33 AM
Failthread is fail for multiple reasons.

One of which is the "number of the beast" is 616, not 666. 666 Is a mistranslation. Learn2recently-discovered-third-century-latin-manuscript-with-greek-numbering.

(Translation- I think this is a poor thread. There are many disagreements on exactly what the number of the beast IS, as is always the case when there's religious undertones about.)

RebelRogue
2009-06-10, 04:39 PM
One of which is the "number of the beast" is 616, not 666. 666 Is a mistranslation. Learn2recently-discovered-third-century-latin-manuscript-with-greek-numbering.
Not that it matters one bit with regard to the comic/thread specifically, or the use of the number 666 in popular culture in general, but isn't it 216? (6^3=6*6*6)

Personally, I'm hoping for something like this (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=666) :smallbiggrin:

Robert Paulson
2009-06-10, 04:44 PM

Can someone please point out a source containing a definition of "spam" which makes this post make sense? Generally, spam is an unrequested commercial solicitation. Since when did it start meaning "one single post that someone finds annoying?" :smallconfused:

King of Nowhere
2009-06-10, 04:53 PM
Bugged for all that speculations, Rich will decide to immediately skip to 667 after 665. After all, it's just a numeration problem

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-10, 04:58 PM
Can someone please point out a source containing a definition of "spam" which makes this post make sense? Generally, spam is an unrequested commercial solicitation. Since when did it start meaning "one single post that someone finds annoying?" :smallconfused:

I always thought spam was a disgusting meat product. :smallconfused:

RebelRogue
2009-06-10, 05:38 PM
Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Random832
2009-06-10, 05:41 PM

What is the problem people have with spam? It's just pork/ham with lots of salt added. I mean - it's all real meat*, which is more than can be said for most sausages. So really It's less "disgusting" than some hamburgers, let alone a hot dog. And yet because it comes in a can, it's so hated. I mean, it does have more preservatives than usual, but most of that's salt - and sodium nitrite... which is also in bacon.

But if you don't want any, that's cool... more for me I guess. And RebelRogue, of course :smallcool:

*"Real meat" defined here as 100% skeletal muscle not originating from a mechanical separation process

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-10, 05:49 PM
What is the problem people have with spam? It's just pork/ham with lots of salt added. I mean - it's all real meat*, which is more than can be said for most sausages. So really It's less "disgusting" than some hamburgers, let alone a hot dog. And yet because it comes in a can, it's so hated. I mean, it does have more preservatives than usual, but most of that's salt - and sodium nitrite... which is also in bacon.

But if you don't want any, that's cool... more for me I guess. And RebelRogue, of course :smallcool:

*"Real meat" defined here as 100% skeletal muscle not originating from a mechanical separation process

Meh. I can only speak for myself, but I'm trying out vegetarianism of late.

Mauve Shirt
2009-06-10, 06:00 PM
Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

How about spam egg sausage and spam, there's not much spam in that.
666 will have something to do with the IFCC if it's anything, I think, and it probably would just be a joke.

Robert Paulson
2009-06-10, 08:55 PM

http://www.answers.com/spam

Here to help. :smallsmile:

Kish
2009-06-10, 09:01 PM
http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/articles/inc-new/GMs/Adventures/allhailspam.html

Robert Paulson
2009-06-11, 11:58 AM
http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/articles/inc-new/GMs/Adventures/allhailspam.html

Interesting. Are there any readable, and... more importantly... credible sources?