PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 2 patch

Project_Mayhem
2009-06-09, 07:52 AM
I bought the PC collection that has Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics on. 2's suppposed to be pretty buggy - I started realising that recently. I know this set comes with the patches; however I don't know if I have to install them, or if it's done with the main install. I'm not sure if I want to just install them anyway and see, coz it says it might invalidate my curent save.

Halp?

Trazoi
2009-06-09, 07:56 AM
My copy of Fallout 2 was a rerelease, and I'm pretty certain it had the patches pre-installed. If you've got a combo pack, it's probably that version or a later one.

The easiest way to check would be to check the version of the game installed. I can't remember where it's shown in Fallout 2, but in games it's usually shown on the main menu or in an info screen (like options). Alternatively, check the readme files installed with your game. If the version number is greater than v1.0, you've got at least one patch installed already.

Project_Mayhem
2009-06-09, 07:57 AM
Ah right. I'll do that when I get back. Thanks

1dominator
2009-06-10, 01:25 PM
You might want to check this here thingy out
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1097
It adds ALOT of stuff to the game, lots of new areas and whatnot, however its not save compatible. It fixes some bugs too.

DeathQuaker
2009-06-10, 07:16 PM
You might want to check this here thingy out
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1097
It adds ALOT of stuff to the game, lots of new areas and whatnot, however its not save compatible. It fixes some bugs too.

I wonder if that's actually the "fan-made" version that comes with the new "Fallout Trio" package. When you install the games, you have the option to install "Fallout 2 1.2.4" (or something like that) and it's noted that it's a fan-modified version of the game.

Anyway, yes, if they include the NMA mod, then I'm pretty sure the games are otherwise fully patched as well.