PDA

View Full Version : A world with new hope

nysisobli
2009-06-09, 11:18 AM
The world i have made is based in a modern type setting. I use the base classes from dnd 3.5 except the magic classes.
The worlds lore goes from about 3000 years ago, it starts with a solar flare, the radiation from the solar flare put magic into the world.
Its a channeled radiation, so everyone in my campagin has a magic like power called a mutation.
The world has lost its radiation and is now powerless for the next 3000 years, a solar flare happend 15 years ago similar to the radiation that happened 3000 years ago.(most technology is now powered by this radiation)

I have given every pc a chance to roll on the random power table, it gives each person a power ranked at 1, they rank up to 4, (they advance as the dm sees fit) up a rank which varies based on the powers.

Well there are firearms in my world as well i designed the damage and the crit range.

Well the pcs are part of a resistance based on taking down the government. The government has been capturing mutants and doing enough experiments on them that they learned how to channel the powers into hideous home brewed flesh golems that they have made,

I have made a special metal in my campaign called polarized steel that disables any radiated powered creatures so the pcs if touching said steel lose the powers they have for 1d10+5 rounds, if they are shot by a bulllet with said metal they cant use their powers until the bullet is removed.

Magic classes except the druid are available in my world but you don't get a power, your power is channeling the radiation. I give all spell casters double spell slots.

I also gave each pc a secondary power all non magic classes can pick a 0-1st level spell they can use at will, and magic classes get to pick a 0-1-or 2nd level spell they can cast at will, the catch is that its up to dm's discretion to pick the power to avoid any really bad op.

My party consists of a level 7 beguiler, a level 7 gunslinger, a level 7 ninja, and a level 7 swashbuckler.

The beguilers 2nd level power is invisibility (story line based i make sure its not abused)

The gunslinger's powers are ( radioactive generation*rad damage can power devices powered by radiation, use as a 1d6 per 2 class levels touch attack)
(hasnt picked his level 1 power yet.)

The ninjas power is a teleportation ability he can only telport to places he has seen in life, not pictures, can carry 50lb of material when he teleports, he can teleport 60 feet+10 feet per class level, per minute he concentrates, (excluding the standard 60 ft+10 ft which is a standard action) ( hasnt picked his first level spell yet.)

The swashbucklers power is glass manipulation,(uses specialized weapons made of glass,) (1st level power is a cure light wounds modified based on how many times she can use it per day on one person.)

Well this is what ive got so far, we have had our first adventure which was running into a medical facility and finding out that they are kidnapping mutants and replacing them with government agents.

And using the mutants to make these golems, they encountered 3 of them.
3 of the party almost died, it was up to the beguiler to save the day.(home brewed magic wand of lightning bolt)

Well the party's mission was to recover medical supplies which they did and took it to the base, which is an abandoned fallout shelter on the outskirts of town. They also brought back a person that was stuck in the shelter, which was drugged with something and is just beginning to wake up.

What do you think so far, any questions or suggestions are welcome.
( i troll the forums most of the time)

nysisobli
2009-06-09, 03:29 PM
no opinions? :(

Audious
2009-06-09, 09:58 PM
Punctuation would make this a lot easier to read. No one's commenting because they don't want to decipher that wall of text. I would recommend revising that post.

nysisobli
2009-06-09, 10:37 PM
Is that any better? Thanks sorry English was always my worst subject

nysisobli
2009-06-10, 06:24 AM
i guess this is my last bump

Gourtox
2009-06-10, 06:42 AM
I'm not sure what you are asking here. Are you asking for help with the campaign or just opinions on the setting? Please explain.

nysisobli
2009-06-10, 06:57 AM
both lol anything would help

Gourtox
2009-06-10, 07:38 AM
The world i have made is based in a modern type setting. I use the base classes from dnd 3.5 except the magic classes.
The worlds lore goes from about 3000 years ago, it starts with a solar flare, the radiation from the solar flare put magic into the world.
Its a channeled radiation, so everyone in my campagin has a magic like power called a mutation.
The world has lost its radiation and is now powerless for the next 3000 years, a solar flare happend 15 years ago similar to the radiation that happened 3000 years ago.(most technology is now powered by this radiation)

Sounds like a solid setting.

I have given every pc a chance to roll on the random power table, it gives each person a power ranked at 1, they rank up to 4, (they advance as the dm sees fit) up a rank which varies based on the powers.

May I see the table? So as the rank goes up the power gets stronger, right? If that's correct how does the power get stronger? Like the pirate can manipulate glass, how would that get stronger?

Well the pcs are part of a resistance based on taking down the government. The government has been capturing mutants and doing enough experiments on them that they learned how to channel the powers into hideous home brewed flesh golems that they have made,

I really like this part. It reminds me a little of X-Men.

I have made a special metal in my campaign called polarized steel that disables any radiated powered creatures so the pcs if touching said steel lose the powers they have for 1d10+5 rounds, if they are shot by a bulllet with said metal they cant use their powers until the bullet is removed.

So this metal is pretty much made to screw over the PCs.

Magic classes except the druid are available in my world but you don't get a power, your power is channeling the radiation. I give all spell casters double spell slots.

First off to make sure I'm getting this right, channeling radiation uses a spell slot. I don't get the spell slots though. Why do they need doudble the spell slots they normally have? Also haveave you made up a level 0-9 spell list for them or is how much radiation they channel depend on the level

I also gave each pc a secondary power all non magic classes can pick a 0-1st level spell they can use at will, and magic classes get to pick a 0-1-or 2nd level spell they can cast at will, the catch is that its up to dm's discretion to pick the power to avoid any really bad op.

I don't get the wording. You say they can pick the spell, but then you say you pick it.

The gunslinger's powers are ( radioactive generation*rad damage can power devices powered by radiation, use as a 1d6 per 2 class levels touch attack)
(hasnt picked his level 1 power yet.)

Could you wxplain more how is power works and what it does. It seems like you're saying his power is to power machines that run on radiation for 1d6 something or other, but then you say its a touch attack. At that point I'm confused.

The ninjas power is a teleportation ability he can only telport to places he has seen in life, not pictures, can carry 50lb of material when he teleports, he can teleport 60 feet+10 feet per class level, per minute he concentrates, (excluding the standard 60 ft+10 ft which is a standard action) ( hasnt picked his first level spell yet.)

I have no problem with this at all.

The swashbucklers power is glass manipulation,(uses specialized weapons made of glass,) (1st level power is a cure light wounds modified based on how many times she can use it per day on one person.)

Or this.

And using the mutants to make these golems, they encountered 3 of them.
3 of the party almost died, it was up to the beguiler to save the day.(home brewed magic wand of lightning bolt)

Ok they should probably pick their powers and some adjust needs to be made to either the character equipment or the golems stats.

Well the party's mission was to recover medical supplies which they did and took it to the base, which is an abandoned fallout shelter on the outskirts of town. They also brought back a person that was stuck in the shelter, which was drugged with something and is just beginning to wake up.

Ooh plot hook.

nysisobli
2009-06-10, 07:54 AM
I dont know how to make tables lol and there is 100 diffrent powers but it varies from things like if you had a fire manipulation, it would scale up from medium size fires, to large size fires, and also increase the range of which you can do this.

The metal on the otherhand can be used by the pc's, our gun slinger actually uses some polarized steel bullets, which in turn if you shot an enemy that had a mutation it would easily limit their powers.

Onto channeling radiation, its just a fancy term i used for spell casting, if they wanted to be a wizard they would not get special powers, the spell casting they have is their special power, i gave them double spell slots seeing as you dont get the chance to rest alot, lol and i had to give them something else so that they didnt get the short end of the stick.

On the spell they pick, they get to pick it, i just have to approve it.

The radiation generator can use his radiation as a touch attack, and he can also use it more subtly as a means to power a machine.

On the golems, it was more like 2 regular golems and one commander golem, i have a great idea for a recurring villain as well, maybe some sort of doomsday type dc villain. =)

nysisobli
2009-06-10, 03:38 PM
So i guess im bumping this again any suggestions?

LordZarth
2009-06-11, 10:35 PM
It's honestly pretty unreadable, so maybe that's why.

EDIT: For instance, it would be leagues better if the first bit said:

"The world that I have made is based in a modern-type setting. (not sure what this means, even) I use the base classes from 3.x, except for the magical classes.
The world's lore dates from about 3000 years ago, with a solar flare. The solar flare's radiation but magic into the world. The radiation is channelled (again, not sure what this is supposed to mean), and everyone in the world has a mutation power as a result."