PDA

View Full Version : One phylactery to rule them all

Simanos
2009-06-09, 01:59 PM
(/joking)
The phylactery slipped from the grasp of Xykon and was lost for a time. It lay hidden in the mud at the bottom of a river. Until a small dirty hand encircled it and plucked it from the depths. As Belkar held it before his eyes he was compelled to utter:
"Mine. My precious"

Soon he would change into Gollum fulfilling the Oracle's prophecy since the real Belkar would cease to exist in a way. But the phylactery would trick him, it will abandon him and probably end up unknowingly adorning Elan's puppet/god Banjo. At the climax Belkar will try to seize it again right when Elan is told to throw it in the rift (and can't because it makes Banjo look so cute, not to mention it has started to actually animate the puppet for real) and then Belkar will trip and fall inside the rift with Banjo and the phylactery and all will be undone. And the Oracle will get to say again that he wasn't buying the whole turning into Gollum as being the end of Belkar excuse (just like he said about Belkar killing someone in his list).

The only problem is how will Elan get his happy ending. Maybe Banjo will defeat the Snarl and Elan will get his puppet back right before the rift closes for good. Sure why not. Knock yourself out kid.

Snake-Aes
2009-06-09, 02:41 PM
There is a flaw in your joke: People will take it seriously.

kopout
2009-06-09, 02:46 PM
People like me.

Optimystik
2009-06-09, 03:31 PM

Curses. I was actually crunching the numbers to see how many rounds it would take Banjo to obliterate the Snarl.

Silverraptor
2009-06-09, 04:10 PM
Curses. I was actually crunching the numbers to see how many rounds it would take Banjo to obliterate the Snarl.

Me too!:smallbiggrin: So what did you come up with?

kopout
2009-06-09, 07:51 PM
But banjo is a god. Not a powerful one but still a god and an epic level mortal has a better chance at taking out the snarl than a god. (see order of the scribble for details)

[TS] Shadow
2009-06-09, 07:56 PM

Seriously? My God, I knew LotR was loved by the community, but it's a joke. Laugh at it. I feel pretty much the same way about a lot of things, but I'll still laugh at it because I know it's a joke. Lord of the Rings is way overrated and you people need to get a life if you can't take a parody seriously.
I know I sound a little harsh here, even more so because nobody's actually said anything yet, but this sort of thing ticks me off and I had to say something.

Oh, and I would love if this scenario actually happened.

DBJack
2009-06-09, 08:08 PM

You're wrong. The OP was serious. In the beginning he did '/joking' which following this forum's html means that he has stopped [joking], and is now being [serious]

Simanos
2009-06-10, 07:22 AM
You're wrong. The OP was serious. In the beginning he did '/joking' which following this forum's html means that he has stopped [joking], and is now being [serious]
LOL busted... I guess, sure why not :smallcool: