PDA

View Full Version : the phylactery's trip

liooil2000
2009-06-09, 03:08 PM
My prediction:
the phylactery goes into the ocean grille and ends off drifting to the Western Continent or a giant fish swallows it and takes it there. Xykon gets killed and Redcloak comes back, and seeing that Xykon is 'dead', continues the Plan without him. Then, when RC goes to the western Continent, he finds Xykon.

Silverraptor
2009-06-09, 04:09 PM
My prediction:
the phylactery goes into the ocean grille and ends off drifting to the Western Continent or a giant fish swallows it and takes it there. Xykon gets killed and Redcloak comes back, and seeing that Xykon is 'dead', continues the Plan without him. Then, when RC goes to the western Continent, he finds Xykon.

And how, do you propose, to kill an epic level lich?

Logalmier
2009-06-09, 04:19 PM
And don't say he drowned, because he's a skeleton. He has no lungs.

It would be funny though if a fish ate it, and Xykon was somehow killed (notice the italics.) He would regenerate inside the fishes stomach.

...I would NOT want to be that fish.:smalleek:

Gamerlord
2009-06-09, 04:25 PM
And don't say he drowned, because he's a skeleton. He has no lungs.

It would be funny though if a fish ate it, and Xykon was somehow killed (notice the italics.) He would regenerate inside the fishes stomach.

...I would NOT want to be that fish.:smalleek:

Probably a scene similar to V coming out of the dragon....only with more spells...

KillianHawkeye
2009-06-09, 08:47 PM

Yeah, I mean, it's not like they haven't ALREADY done that once before! Wait....

Cleverdan22
2009-06-09, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I mean, it's not like they haven't ALREADY done that once before! Wait....

However, "they" at the current time is wounded O-chul and very wounded V, with no offensive spells.

holywhippet
2009-06-09, 08:53 PM
However, "they" at the current time is wounded O-chul and very wounded V, with no offensive spells.

What makes you think V is all out of offensive spells? His/her hand is glowing as they charge Xykon so I'd expect he/she has some kind of spells left. I'm guessing most of the other spells were from the spliced souls. Attacking an epic level lich isn't exactly a good idea but Xykon has taken at least three decent hits from damaging spells. He has to be getting low on HP by now.

Emilinah Adams
2009-06-09, 09:17 PM
My prediction: the Phylactery goes down the sewer grate. The rest of the OOTS team comes looking for V and has to sneek into the city because its controlled by the bad guys. What better way to sneek in but to go through the sewers. Haley, always having an eye out for gold and other precious items sees the phylactery and Durkon detects the evil in it. They then use the phylacterty as a barganing chip to get back V and O'Chul. Honestly though I think O'Chul might die and MiTD might get angry enough about it to distract Xycon long enough for V to survive and the rest of the Order to arrive.

Zevox
2009-06-09, 09:34 PM
No, they haven't. The only time Xykon was destroyed it was by the wards that Dorukon put on his Gate, not by any power of the Order's, much less O-Chul or V on their own. And both are currently paralyzed for a minimum of 21 rounds, barring very high save rolls. They're screwed, pure and simple.

Plus, another flaw with the OP's prediction:
Redcloak can't continue "The Plan" without Xykon. He needs a high-level arcane caster to take control of a Gate. So if somehow Xykon were to be destroyed and Redcloak thought he was gone for good, he'd be spending time searching for another high-level wizard or sorcerer who was willing to help him. Needless to say, that'd keep him from the Gates for a good while, as those are not likely to be easy to find.

The rest of the OOTS team comes looking for V and has to sneek into the city because its controlled by the bad guys.
And how on earth do you think they could possibly get to Azure City? They're an ocean away, on another continent entirely. Without any access to teleportation. Not to mention they just warned V that going after Xykon was suicidal, so what could possess them to go after V themselves when they're pretty sure she's dead anyway, and that doing as she did will just get them killed as well?

Zevox

Emilinah Adams
2009-06-09, 09:58 PM
1) They know where V is going.
2) They have access to the fleet.
3) When Roy is raised hes going to want to recruit another wizard.
4) The Giant could use any combination of the above or some other plot device to get the order to Azure city.

This just seems to me to be where this is headed. The OOTS team has been seperated and on the side lines to long. Its just about time for the team to reunite. Besides the sewers have to lead somewhere right? The fleet or a newly recruited wizard that has teleport could get them there. I've been good at guessing where this whole V thing has been going to far. I guess we wait and see. :smallsmile:

shadzar
2009-06-09, 10:15 PM

Pick up one of those rocks, get behind the boulder, and in a few minutes, the Lich in Blue will come running around the bend. The minute his head is in view, hit it with the rock!

:smallconfused: