PDA

View Full Version : Soulborn + Shape Soulmeld feats:

Starbuck_II
2009-06-09, 06:29 PM
Does taking Shape Soulmelf increase # you can shape or just number you know.

Do you need to shape the soulmeld to get the basic benefit like Bluesteel Bracers grant +2 insight to Init.

Is this only if shape it?

Goatman_Ted
2009-06-09, 07:40 PM
Is this only if shape it?
Yup. It says it works like a normal Soulmeld, just at a Meldshaper level of half your HD (which could actually be an improvement for a Soulborn).

edit: but it doesn't count against your normal soulmeld limit, if that's what you mean.

Glimbur
2009-06-09, 07:58 PM
It's not entirely clear, but look at it this way. If you were a Paladin or some such and took Shape Soulmeld: Bluesteel Bracers, you would be able to shape bluesteel bracers. That's like being able to shape one more soulmeld, if it's that specific one. It should work the same way for classes that get native soul shaping.

Were I a Totemist, I might take Shape Soulmeld: Rage Claws even though I can shape them normally just because it's Diehard and therefore useful.

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-10, 09:20 AM
Shape Soulmeld adds to the number of soulmelds you can shape each day, but one of those soulmelds has to be the one you took Shape Soulmeld for. Unless you don't shape one of your soulmelds for the day.

woodenbandman
2009-06-10, 09:23 AM
By the way Mauling Gauntlets ftw.

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-10, 09:37 AM
By the way Mauling Gauntlets ftw.

Totemist>>Mauling Gauntlets. Hell, Totemist>>>Soulborn.

Starbuck_II
2009-06-10, 09:44 AM
Totemist>>Mauling Gauntlets. Hell, Totemist>>>Soulborn.

True.

Looking at it Lawful Incarnates have same chance/better of hitting than Soulborn. Totomist can increase enhancement/morale bonus at same time to hit with same essentia if they can bind Totem (is this supposed to be this good!?).

Any Soulborn unique soulmelds (there are 5; only 3 are any good) can be gained through Shape Soulmeld feat.

JeenLeen
2009-06-10, 09:49 AM
A similiar question regarding the feats that let you bind to a chakra. Would you say that those let you get an additional chakra bind per day?

If they had a prereq that 'can bind souldmelds to a chakra', I would say no, but it has no prereq regarding souldmeld binding.

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-10, 09:54 AM
A similiar question regarding the feats that let you bind to a chakra. Would you say that those let you get an additional chakra bind per day?

If they had a prereq that 'can bind souldmelds to a chakra', I would say no, but it has no prereq regarding souldmeld binding.

Cust Serv said no a while ago, but that makes these feats unplayable, even for certain PrCs (Ironsoul Forgemaster). I'd rule yes, but only if the ability to shape soulmelds is a class feature. This way it prevents early PrC entry, like Soulcaster.