PDA

View Full Version : A Weird Race Contest!

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-09, 07:40 PM
More or less what it sounds like.

All posts not in by midnight of the 30th (3 weeks from when this was first posted) will be disqualified. Then, voting will commence! Voting will last from midnight, June 30th, to midnight, July 7th. If you edit your post once voting starts, submit multiple entries, or are found to have posted your race somewhere else (or, horrors, plaigerised it), you will be disqualified. If you vote for your own monster, the vote will not be counted. Only the first vote of any particular member will count.

Requirements:
You must make a race. If you write it in the monster format, you must include an "as characters" section at the end.
The race must be in 3.5 D&D. Sorry, I don't know 4th edition well enough.
The creature must be weird in some way.
You must include at least three of the possibilities below:
1. The race is an abberation, inteligent ooze, inteligent construct, or inteligent plant, or inteligent undead.
2. The race has spell-like abilities.
3. The race has a different set of appendages than humans (an extra head, one arm, a tail, etc)
4. The race can pass on its weirdness (e.g, like a weird lycanthrope/wraith).
5. The race is Diminutive or smaller, or Gargantuan or larger.
6. The race can change some aspect of its being.

Scoring:
Per vote: +4
Contains fluff: +3
Per extra of the six possibilities listed above: +2
Creature just plain weird: +1
Creature funny: +1
Per requirement missed (other than the three possibilities): -3
Per possibility missed: -1
"Normal": -1
Humanoid type: -2
Creature just silly: -2

DracoDei
2009-06-10, 04:05 AM
Two weeks is likely to prove too short, also, are you sure you want to include voting AND subjective judging criterion? That is like giving yourself free vote or something. Which actual COULD work... but you need to explain why you are doing it that way I think.

Zeta Kai
2009-06-10, 05:18 AM
4. The race can pass on its weirdness.

What does that mean exactly?

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-10, 08:10 AM
What does that mean exactly?

I mean, like a lycan. I'll fix it.

Two weeks is likely to prove too short, also, are you sure you want to include voting AND subjective judging criterion? That is like giving yourself free vote or something. Which actual COULD work... but you need to explain why you are doing it that way I think.

I'll extend the period. I want to include criteria to encourage/discourage certain things, and voting to see what the other posters said. I won't vote, but anyone else can.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-10, 08:16 AM
Can I enter the final draft of my Surikat race (see sig)?

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-10, 08:49 AM
If you...are found to have posted your race somewhere else...you will be disqualified.

The reason for this rule is to avoid getting it altered for benifet. If you submit the original version, I will consider it.

DracoDei
2009-06-10, 08:59 AM
Okay... that is exactly backwards of the way most contests work... the idea behind those is to encourage thinking in new directions rather than standing on past merits. This drives people to always be pushing their homebrewing skills to higher levels.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-10, 09:37 AM
Okay... that is exactly backwards of the way most contests work... the idea behind those is to encourage thinking in new directions rather than standing on past merits. This drives people to always be pushing their homebrewing skills to higher levels.

Okay, you lost me.

Rustscale
2009-06-10, 09:54 AM
He means (at least, this is my interpretation, hope it helps) that confining the contest to set of criteria limiting the creativity of the participants is exactly what you do not want to do if you want quality input. Especially because you initiated a scoring system reiterating the limitations, doing so distracts from what you want the purpose of this thread to be, a way in which members of the forum can participate in a fun, rewarding activity exercising their homebrewing skills. If they submit a very weird and nonsensical, but very poorly done race, they will still receive better scores then if they do a less strange race (i.e. humanoid) extremely well. As a result, all that is proved is that they can follow guidelines, not that they are excellent homebrewers. Hopefully that clears (somewhat) it up for you.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-10, 10:05 AM
He means (at least, this is my interpretation, hope it helps) that confining the contest to set of criteria limiting the creativity of the participants is exactly what you do not want to do if you want quality input. Especially because you initiated a scoring system reiterating the limitations, doing so distracts from what you want the purpose of this thread to be, a way in which members of the forum can participate in a fun, rewarding activity exercising their homebrewing skills. If they submit a very weird and nonsensical, but very poorly done race, they will still receive better scores then if they do a less strange race (i.e. humanoid) extremely well. As a result, all that is proved is that they can follow guidelines, not that they are excellent homebrewers. Hopefully that clears (somewhat) it up for you.

Thanks. I'll change the scoring.

Will SOMEONE come up with a race? Or does that take more time than I do it in?

Gourtox
2009-06-10, 10:27 AM
Thanks. I'll change the scoring.

Will SOMEONE come up with a race? Or does that take more time than I do it in?

I'll try. I'm new to DnD(about to play my first game) so don't expect anything good, but I'll try.

DracoDei
2009-06-10, 10:31 AM
That is NOT what I meant, the narrowness might or might not work (now that you mention it), but I wouldn't know.
What I meant was that the usual contest on these boards is designed to force people to come up with NEW stuff rather than recycling the old, but once they have they are encouraged to use the input of others to polish it to the best it can possibly be. Ergo "Go ahead and post something pre-made... but ONLY something not altered in any way to fit the contest." seems utterly antithetical to the usual spirit of the contests on these boards. HOWEVER, if you genuinely think that your set-up in that regard has something to offer, then, by all means, go for it!

dentrag2
2009-06-10, 10:58 AM
Actually, my Shade race fits most of the criteria.

I'll post it when i get around to it.

Gourtox
2009-06-10, 04:57 PM
I'll have to do it tomorrow.

Brightfeather
2009-06-13, 06:55 PM
Race: Natural
Disclaimer: For reference, I have never played DnD. Never was exposed to it until very recently, never knew anyone else to play with, so I know nothing of balance. What I have done, however, is written and drawn, so I have an imagination, at least. Guess you'll be the judge of whether its any good or not - and do tell me if theres anything in race creation I've missed. I'm more writing an interesting creature than a playable race at the moment, and I would appreciate all and any advice.

Bio (from an anonymous traveller's guide):
Where mages fight, nothing remains the same. Odd things grow, creatures caught in the crossfire change. Even a fight between novices can alter the local fauna. But this is impermanent, transient. The changes ultimately fade, the odd things wither into nothing - magic fades, and without that energy, these aberrations cannot live. But have you ever seen the land where epic mages fight?
The residing magic does not simply fade away, it binds to the land. And the land rises to meet it. I have seen towers uproot themselves, rivers coalesce, the sands merge. I have seen the very mountains rise and attack unwary travellers! Fear not mages, friend. Fear what they leave behind.

Outlook: A natural is not going to be fighting for good or evil. They will protect their nest (the place of their creation) with all their might and fury however. If the cause serves them, they may help other adventurers, however. They cannot speak, but can listen, read, and draw (which, if trained, can lead to writing).

Size: You could play a small one, but why stop there? You needn't stop at colossal! (Well, except for the rules, course.)

Alignment: Naturals are true neutral. They were not created with set orders and memories, like many purpose built golems, so, though sentient, have no more experience with the world than a newborn. Their alignment can be altered by their experiences with those they meet, however.

Stats:
Bonus to strength and constitution. (For obvious reasons)
Deficit in dexterity and wisdom. (Rocks and soil are not ideal for quick reflexes, and naturals were flung into this world fully formed, they are quite naive. They have their own charm though, so there is no charmisma penalty).

Favored Class: Probably monk - hand to hand fighting might be impressive when your hand is a huge lump of rock. Similarly, they have penalties when wielding weapons that are not custom built - so, say, if you gain the money, you could employ a smith to build a sword thats bigger than a person.
There is no reason they should not be mages despite the warrior friendly bonuses - in fact, if I knew what the feat was called... they have the feat that allows all spells to be cast silently, as they cannot speak themselves.

Special Abilities (Lets say you can take 3 on creation, depending on the land from which your golem is made - ie, part of a volcano might be able to erupt). All of these can be avoided by... reflex? saves.:
- Downpour: "Though the source of your river is miles away, back in your nest, the magic that flows through your very strata perpetuates the flow. With a shift of your body, you can divert this onto your foes, knocking foes in its path down and back."
- Landslide: Rocks fall. Everybody dies.
Ok, I know a little about dnd. :smallsmile: "You shake your mighty edifice. Rocks and boulders fly off to strike enemies, dazing them."
- Tremor: "You strike the ground. All foes within the area get knocked down."
- Geyser: "You direct a volcanic vent at a single opponent. He is knocked back."
- Eruption: "A stream of molten rock is directed at your opponents. Those hit are set on fire."
- Strangling Vines: "You throw out roots, tangling your foes in place."
- Sandstorm: "You create a large sandstorm in the area. Foes hit are blinded and begin to bleed."
- Nature's Blessing: "The small forest lying upon you infuses you with natural energy. You gain constant regeneration."
- Beauty of Creation: "You shake a small construct of rocks and flora off your edifice and imbue it with magic. This new golem acts as a weak fighter."
- Rampage: "You rile the fauna (up to the player - a desert Natural could have lizards, a plains one, horses, etc.) living upon you into a frenzy. They charge your opponents, dealing damage."

Concept Picture: - Just something I russled up in paint, nothing special.
Picture!/ (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/naturalq.jpg/)

Note! Contains fluff: Look at rampage, and think sheep. :smallwink:

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 07:16 PM
The Krion

The Krion come from the north, were exactly none know. They are amazingly gifted psionicists who look down upon the "lesser races". There stand between five and six feet tall with a build reminiscent of the Elves. But if that were all they be not nearly as alien. There hair changes color with there emotions and there eyes are orbs of pure black, but even that is not the strangest. They have a second head which seems to be completely independent of the first.

+2Int +2Wis -2 Dex There second mind grants them extraordinary intellect and perception but the mixed signals often result in clumsy behavior

Size: Medium

Aberration Type

Speed:30 feet

Twin Minds: For purposes of determining powers known create two lists, but only the "active" mind can manifest powers.

psi-like abilities: Detect Psionics At-will, Mind Thrust 2/day, Empathy 1/day, and Inflict Pain 1/week

+2 racial bonus to Psicraft checks.

+1 To spellcraft and knowledge(psionics) checks

ECL: +2

TSED
2009-06-13, 07:18 PM
If you EDIT YOUR POST YOU'RE DISQUALIFIED?!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was GOING to participate but this seems so... so... arbitrary and not-actually-conductive-to-creativity.

Brightfeather
2009-06-13, 07:22 PM
If you EDIT YOUR POST YOU'RE DISQUALIFIED?!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was GOING to participate but this seems so... so... arbitrary and not-actually-conductive-to-creativity.

Meep, I'd better stop. In the 20 minutes since I posted I've made about 50 edits :smalleek: . Should it not just be "no editing after voting starts"?

Lyndworm
2009-06-13, 10:18 PM
When I saw the title, I was going to throw in my Tanarkin race...but apparently that's not allowed because I've already posted it on these forums? Right?

OK... Give me a little while, and I'll see what I can do...

Ta-da!

Several milennia ago, deep within the earth, a rift opened between the Material Plane and the Elemental Plane of Air. Nearly as swiftly as it opened, it snapped shut once again. Over time, the escaped Elemental Air congealed, and pieces broke off. These chunks of hardened air were Small mindless Oozes, but after a few years they grew and gained sapience. When they died, the material making up their bodies went back to the congealed mass of Elemental Air, beginning the cycle anew.

Ploonkas
Racial Traits
+2 Constitution, −2 Dexterity, -2 Strength
Ooze (Air).
Medium: As Medium creatures, Ploonkas have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
Ploonkae base land speed is 20 feet.
Inhale (Ex): A Ploonka can quickly draw excess air into it's body, making it act in many ways as if it were larger. As an Immediate action, a Ploonka may gain the benefits of the Powerful Build ability. This ability is sustainable indefinitely and may be canceled as a Free action. The Inhale ability cancels the Exhale ability.
Exhale (Ex): A Ploonka can quickly force excess air out of it's body, making it act in many ways as if it were smaller. As an Immediate action, a Ploonka may gain the benefits of the Slight Build ability. This ability is sustainable indefinitely and may be canceled as a Free action. The Exhale ability cancels the Inhale ability.
Globular Anatomy (Ex): Typically, a Ploonka is a writhing, shapeless mass. With a little bit of effort, however, it can force it's to body to sprout a manipulative protrusion. Theoretically, it can sport many such "arms," however it requires much effort and such a form cannot be held for long. If a Ploonka attempts to sprout more than one "arm" it takes a move action and is absorbed back into the center mass after 1d4 rounds.
Thick Arm (Ex): As long as a Ploonka is maintaining only one "arm," the arm is considered to be two hands for the purposes of wielding a two-handed weapon.
Spell-like Abilities: At will - Feather Fall (Self Only), Spider Climb (Self Only);* 1/day/5hd (Minimum 1/day) - Levitate (Self Only)
All Spell-like Abilities cast at Character Level.
*As long as any part of a Ploonka's uncovered body is against the surface upon which it is climbing, it is considered to have two free hands.

Ooze traits:
Blind with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
Blindsight (Ex): An ooze’s entire body is a primitive sensory organ that can ascertain prey by scent and vibration within 60 feet.
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.

Automatic Languages: Ploonk*. Bonus Languages: Any.
Favored Class: Rogue.
Level Adjustment: +1

*Ploonk is a language that can be spoken only by Ploonkas, with the exception of magical intervention. It consists of scent signals and high-low frequency vibrations. Conversely, Ploonkas can speak virtually any language through vibrating in an audible frequency. It is obvious, however, that something spoken by a ploonka was spoken by a ploonka.

There is, unfortunately, no more fluff, as I couldn't think of anything awesome enough to fit the idea. If anyone would like to supply some even 70% as cool, I would accept it as canon.

Limos
2009-06-13, 10:39 PM
I accept your challenge... let's see, need a good name...

Get ready to meet the Abstractions

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot to bold the headings and now I can't edit it.

Limos
2009-06-13, 11:24 PM
Race: Abstraction
Abberation (Planetouched)

Bio :
The Abstractions are a race of identical humanoid figures that originate in a plane outside of the normal universe, or perhaps they are all the same humanoid figure but in more than one place at a time, it’s difficult to say when dealing with Abstractions. The Abstraction(s) manifest as a slightly translucent humanoid formed entirely out of angular planes in various shades of grey. The number of planes visible is variable but the planes themselves appear to be immutable and do not visibly change shape.

Abstraction(s) have no visible features or anything that could really be called a face. While appendages are functional they do not have visible fingers or toes and in fact do not always bother staying in contact with the ground.

Abstractions can only communicate telepathically and even then their minds work on such a different wavelength that it causes physical pain when one of them tries to speak to you. As such very little is known about their culture.

Size: Medium

Alignment: True Neutral, yes all of them.

Stats: +2 Intelligence, +2 Constitution, -4 Charisma

Speed: 20 feet, 15 (Teleport)

Languages: Telepathy (Abstract)*

*Abstract telepathy cannot be understood without a DC 25 Concentration or Arcana check. Any living creature that fails this check takes 1d4 psychic damage.

Abstract (Ex): Abstractions bizarre anatomy has nothing to qualify as a vital organ or sensitive area. As such they are immune to sneak attack damage and critical hits.

Senses (Ex): Abstractions do not see and are not affected by any kind of darkness or fog. Solid objects can impede their senses though.

Spell Like Abilities: At Will – Lesser Confusion, Daze, Blur (Self only), 1/day – Telekinesis, Crushing Despair, Plane Shift

((Well this is my stab at it. I've never actually made a race for 3.5 and I went a little crazy making it weird. But there you go.))

Karma Guard
2009-06-15, 12:48 AM
Covered things: Nonhumanoid/Construct type, Odd Construction x2 (mitteny hands, lack of legs), and SLA.

The Kele

The Kele (kay-lei) are a race of sentient ooze-people, created long ago when the Progenitor traded his stomach for divinity. His semi-divine stomach acid mixed with the certainly-divine blood he shed in the process, and became the Kele. According to them, anyway.

Personality
The Kele are a bright, friendly people, who love to talk, explore, and experience new things. They are naturally skilled with song and performance, and know just how to lighten a mood without being farcical or offensive. They are welcoming of travelers, and take joy in listening to their stories. They are also very religious, and it's not unknown for them to maintain an extensive temple district in their towns for all the various gods they may respect.

Physical Description
In their resting state, the Kele are like any other Ooze or Jelly: a puddle of thick, translucent liquid. Kele are usually a deep grassy shade of green or a honey yellow, but can be any shade, and aren't sticky or slimey. They have a consistency that runs from Jell-O to custard. The real identifier that they are a sentient creature is that they can pull themselves up into a roughly humanoid shape, with rounded features that vary from Kele to Kele. They have a sort of torso with a head, with long, unjointed arms that end in a mitten shape; Kele engulf items to be held. Instead of legs, however, they have a simple 'tail' made of the rest of their plasm. Kele lack gender, but usually adopt one when they travel with a group of humanoids, for ease of communication. Kele do not normally wear jewelry as we know it, but do enjoy metal or wood adornments, half-embedded in the surface of their bodies. They can wear normal armor and weapons, although when traveling, they do tend to just ooze around the edges instead of using it properly. They do not make or use fabric or leather, and find it exotic. They can eat anything, but prefer fish and mushrooms.

Relations
Kele are, while considered very strange, excellent neighbors. They are incredibly undemanding, and have no history of being the instigator in wars. They are fairly good miners, able to melt through stone (although slowly) with their natural acids to get at gemstones and precious metals without harming them. They also make exceptional carvers for the same reason, and some of the most beautiful wood carvings come from their workshops. They are not industrious, though, and they usually don't take advantage of the natural wealth in their lands, often contracting work to orcs or whatever else is willing to mine or chop wood. Most humans and elves find them to be boorish (their eating habits are simply atrocious), and dwarves think them lazy. Orcs and other, more monstrous people like Kele, because Kele don't really care about their physical appearance, being blind. They are mainly mushroom farmers, and are decent fishermen.

Alignment
Kele tend towards Chaotic and Good. They genuinely enjoy life and other living people, and dislike being denied the chance to experience something, even if it is dangerous. They are very careful about trying not to hurt people in the process, though.

Kele Lands
Kele generally live in smallish towns or hamlets either underground (usually abandoned caves formerly occupied by other, less benevolent creatures) or by lakes. Kele prefer shaded places or ones by water as they tend to dehydrate rather easily. Their largest town, the name of which is best rendered Gutton, is located within an abandoned Drow (or other Underdeep race) outpost that has long since been expanded. It's main feature is an underground river which has been dammed up, with a beautiful and complex water system giving most houses fresh running water. The underground towns are very vertical and depend on people living in it to have the ability to cling to almost any surface. Aboveground ones are very close to the ground, with houses normally being half-buried in the earth.

Religion
Most Kele worship their own god, the Progenitor, but many worship other gods as well, tending towards gods of travel or exploration, and gods of music and performance. The Progenitor offers the Good, Generosity, Gluttony, and Slime domains, and has a portfolio covering the Kele, exploration, food, song, and Oozes. He is a Neutral Good god.

Language
Kele speak their own language, Kele. Unless one possesses Ooze traits (naturally or magically), or is using magic to speak it, it can only be understood, not spoken. This is due to the way it is 'spoken', with sounds that range from deep thrumming tones to staccato drumbeats. A band could probably manage it too, but that might be a little difficult to round up. :Vc

Names
Kele usually use translations of their names for common use. They usually name themselves after things they like, such as sounds or tones, and take the name of their birth town as a surname.
example names: Robinsong Gutton, Pizzicato Riversong, Clash-of-Metal-on-Wood (Comow) Basston.

Adventures
Kele love to travel and explore. They like to experience new things (More than one caster has traveled to learn how to change himself into something with sight, just to know what a rainbow looks like), and travel with people they like (which might be a merchant who trades with them often, or a priest who visits often on his circuits). They can use normal equipment, which makes traveling much easier, and can even use simple sheets of chain or plates meant for monstrous creatures with ease (price same as equivalent armor in the DMG6). Most adventuring Kele take up the Bard class, and a surprising amount become Truenamers. Martial ones tend to lean towards becoming barbarians; losing themselves in their emotions is appealing.

--
Kele Racial Features

Knowing Ooze type traits:
As a Knowing Ooze, Kele have special traits that differ from regular Oozes. They are as follows:

Kele are immune to Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, Polymorph, and Stunning.
They need to eat and breathe, but do not need to sleep.
Kele are blind.
They cannot be flanked; a Kele has no front or back.
They can be critically hit.

Don't forget: As they aren't Humanoid, you have to bust out Hold Monster and the like to affect them!

-2 Str: Kele lack the complex musculature and skeletal systems that allow for powerful strikes.
-2 Wis: Kele are impulsive and don't tend to think ahead.
+2 Cha: Kele are charming and friendly, and love to talk.

Medium: As medium-sized creatures, Kele have no special penalties or bonuses due to their size.

Kele base land speed is 30 feet. They have a base climb speed of 20 feet.

Kele have a natural slam attack that deals 1d4 bludgeoning damage.

Acidic Body(ex): Kele can secrete acid as a free action. This acid deals 1 damage +1 damage per 3 HD to anything (weapons or people) that they remain in contact with for one full round action, and adds the same amount of damage to their slam attack. They may wear and use objects normally; Kele can control where and when their bodies secrete acid. This acid affects wood, stone, and flesh, but not metal or most gems.

Spell Like Ability: Acid Splash, 3/day, with CL equal to 1/2 HD, minimum 1, round down.

Blindsight(ex): A Kele's entire body is a finely-tuned sensory organ that can ascertain people by scent and vibration within 60 feet.

Legless(ex): Kele take a -4 racial penalty to Jump checks. They simply lack the ability to propel themselves upwards as well as other races.

Tight Grip(ex): Because of the way Kele hold items (by engulfing an end or handle or the entire thing in small items' cases), their grip is very sure. Kele have a +4 racial bonus to resist being disarmed and against Sleight of Hand checks attempting to steal from them.

A Kele has a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.

Automatic Languages: Common and Kele. Bonus Languages: Any.

Favored Class: Bard.

Age/Weight tables:
Adulthood: 10
Middle Age: 35
Venerable: 55
Maximum Age: +2d10

Height: Base 4'5" +2d10
Weight: 160x(2d6) lbs..

LA+0. Because I say so.

Example Kele:
Pizzicato Riversong, 5th-Level Kele Bard
Medium Ooze (Knowing Ooze)
HD 5d6 (15 HP)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares); Climb 20 ft. (4 squares)
Init: +2
AC 14; touch 12; flat-footed 10
(+2 Dex, +2 Armor)
BAB +3; Grp +3
Attack Shortsword +3 melee (1d6 piercing, 19-20/x2) OR Slam melee +3 (1d4 bludgeoning 20/x2 +2 acid damage)
Full-Attack Shortsword +3 melee (1d6 piercing, 19-20/x2) OR Slam melee +3 (1d4 bludgeoning 20/x2 +2 acid damage)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Spell-like Ability, Bardic Music, Spellcasting, Acidic Body
Special Qualities Knowing Ooze traits, Blindsight 60'
Saves Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +3
Abilities Str 10(+0), Dex 14(+2), Con 8(-1), Int 14(+2), Wis 8(-1), Cha 17(+3)
Skills Climb +10, Jump -2, Bluff +8, Escape Artist +9, Diplomacy +13, Gather Information +10, Know: Arcana +7, Know: Architecture +7, Know: Nature +7, Listen +4, Perform (Sing) +11, Tumble +7
Feats Requiem (Bardic music affects Undead; from LM), War Chant (Chant 3 rounds before combat: gain +2 to own initiative and +1 Morale to initiative for allies within 30'; from Dragon 335 p88)
Equipment Leather Armor, Shortsword, 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Environment Riversong, The Snicker Snack
Challenge Rating 5
Treasure Equipment plus 1 partially expended Adventurer's Kit, 15 GP, and 5 GP's worth of jewelry and adornments.
Alignment NG

Knowing Ooze traits: Pizzicato is immune to Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, Polymorph, and Stunning. He needs to eat and breathe, but does not need to sleep. Pizzicato is Blind. He cannot be flanked, but can be critically hit. He cannot be affected by spells that affect only humanoids, such as Hold Person.

Blindsight(ex): Pizzicato's entire body is a finely-tuned sensory organ that can ascertain people by scent and vibration within 60 feet.

Legless(ex): Pizzicato takes a -4 racial penalty to Jump checks. (This is already in his statblock)

Tight Grip(ex): Pizzicato has a +4 racial bonus to resist being disarmed and against Sleight of Hand checks attempting to steal from him.

Acidic Touch(ex): Pizzicato can secrete acid as a free action. This acid deals 2 damage to anything (weapons or people) that they remain in contact with for one full round action, and adds the same amount of damage to his slam attack. This acid affects wood, stone, and flesh, but not metal or most gems.

Spell Like Ability: 3/day- Acid Splash, CL 3.

Spellcasting
Spells known: 0th- Ghost Sound, Daze, Lullaby, Prestidigitation, Mending; 1st- Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Feather Fall, Cause Fear,; 2nd- Alter Self, Calm Emotions, Darkness
Typical Spells Prepared: Daze x2, Mending, Cure Light Wounds x2, Grease, Calm Emotions.

Bardic Knowledge(ex): Pizzicato may make a special bardic knowledge check with a +7 bonus to see whether he knows some relevant information about local notable people, legendary items, or noteworthy places.

Bardic Music: 5 times per day, Pizzicato can use his song to to produce magical effects on those around him (usually including himself, if desired). While using his Bardic Music abilities, Pizzicato cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion, spell trigger, or command word.

Fascinate(Sp): Pizzicato may fascinate 5 creatures who can see, hear, and pay attention to him. He must be able to 'see' (using his Blindsense) the creature he wishes to Fascinate.

Inspire Courage(Su): Pizzicato can grant +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls to any allies that can hear him so long as he is performing and 5 rounds thereafter.

Inspire Competence(Su): Pizzicato can grant a +2 competence bonus on any particular skill to one ally within 30' that can see and hear him perform. He must be able to 'see' (using his Blindsense) the ally he wishes to Inspire. This lasts as long as he is performing, 2 minutes max.

War Chant(ex): pre-combat, Pizzicato can chant 3 rounds (this is a free action) to grant himself a +2 Morale bonus to Initiative and his allies within 30' a +1 Morale bonus to Initiative.

Pizzicato has a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened. (This bonus is in his statblock)

Pizzicato Riversong is a Kele who lives in the mainly Elven town of Riversong. He lives in the local adventurer's inn (The Snicker Snack) as the resident entertainer. He also serves as the clean-up crew for the inn. He uses his magic mainly to keep the inn a nice place to be for the non-elves in town, and doesn't take too kindly to people starting fights. He's downright serene for a Kele, which means he's almost irritatingly optimistic and friendly. He may not be the most resilient or patient person, but he's good-hearted and a fun guy to be around. He is small and stocky for a Kele, and he is a deep shade of red, the same color as cherry cordial. He sings for his perfomances, but he's thought about taking up the panpipes, and can often be seen practicing around the back of the inn. Poorly.

Adventuring hooks:
-The Snicker Snack's sign has been stolen, and Pizzicato wants help getting it back from the drunks who took it.
-Pizzicato has fallen ill from eating a vial of poison, and requires an antidote, which requires unusual ingredients.
-There is a caravan heading towards Gutton with the adventurers on it, and Pizzicato is traveling back home to visit family. On the way, the whole thing is waylaid by raiders.

edit: spelling, grammar, minor change in the wordings of Acidic Body and their SLA. Added an Example Kele.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-29, 06:22 AM
Meep, I'd better stop. In the 20 minutes since I posted I've made about 50 edits :smalleek: . Should it not just be "no editing after voting starts"?

Hey! Not a bad idea!
I might have already said this, but I based that rule off one I saw on another contest...and the fact that I couldn,t tell when a post was posted.
I know how to, though. Now, I noticed the date.
One more day!

Sereg
2009-06-29, 06:59 AM
UIf that's how you decided to rule it in the begining, I would have entered.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-29, 08:10 AM
Well, one day left means I found this too late. I had a great idea too.

Iferus
2009-06-29, 11:01 AM
One day left doesn't make it too late. This is what I just concocted!

Tarrea creature template (intelligent ooze virus)

Contrary to popular belief, tarrea are not a distinct group of creatures. Indeed, their kin can be found amongst all the creatures that walk the earth, but the fact of the matter is that they are a viruslike parasite. This secret is well covered by the great spell resistance conferred by the tarrea, and their vile reactions to users of divine magic. Tarrea have a nigh-incontrollable hatred of users of divine magic, which serves them well.
It takes a DC 20 knowledge (dungeoneering) check to know the truth about Tarrea.
A tarrea without a host would shrivel instantly and die within the hour, but upon closer inspection one will notice these azure creatures typically resemble the form of a snail. They are highly intelligent oozes that can form a slimelike web throughout their hosts' brain, where they make efficient use of all their resources. As they do so, they can take biological material from the target for their offspring and they can alter the host itself. Some may oppress it, but the adapted abilities usually confer some physical trait as well. Tarrea are often recognised by the Tarrasque-like shield on their back, that comes with their spell resistance. This can be oppressed, but the blueish complexion an infectation causes still needs to be disguised properly to pretend to be part of the hosts race.

Main text spoilered:
Tarrea as characters
Creature type: the hosts' creature type changes to abberation.
Tarrea have 22 intelligence, 14 wisdom and 18 charisma, or the hosts score - whichever is higher. Tarrea confer a +4 bonus on constitution, as they manage the host body far more efficiently.
Tarrea have 30 ft blindsight and they provide their targets with low light vision. The host is not affected by gaze attacks, visual illusions and other attack forms that rely on sight.
Tarrea hosts do not have any other ooze immunities, except for flanking.
Feats: Tarrea gain Improved Grab and improved Grapple as bonus feats.
Special qualities: Tongue (ex), Adaption (su), infect (ex), Desease(ex), Desecrate (sp), Desecrate holy symbol(sp). 99% of the Tarrea have spell resistance 32 as one of their adaptions.
Favored class: As base creature.
Level Adjustment: +5

Tarrea without hosts:
A tarrea without a host is a fine-sized ooze, with 5 hp. Every round it doesn't touch living matter, it takes 1 nonlethal damage. After one minute without touching living matter, a tarrea dies.

Tongue(ex): Tarrea grow a chameleonlike tongue. This tongue has a range of the hosts' reach + 5 ft, and it can be used as an arm with a -4 penalty due to a lack of fine motor skills. However, the tongue is very well suited for initiating a grapple. The sticky slime covering it confers a +2 bonus on grapple attempts. While using the tongue, a tarrea cannot speak.

Adaption(su): As a viruslike being, the Tarrea can copy some abilities from their hosts, which they can pass on to their offspring. A tarrea can have up to three adaptions; these are selected randomly from the adaptions of the father and the (ex), (sp) and (su) abilities of the father's host. Also, the highest physical ability score of the fathers' host can be adapted to give an inherent bonus equal to the fathers' hosts bonus. During the slave period of a new Terrea, he can change his adaptions to a set of his own choice at the cost of permanently sacrificing one of his adaption "slots". Most tarrea choose to do this however; that is how the Tarrasques spell resistance has prevailed throughout their kin.

Infect(ex): the slimy tongue of a tarrea attempts to lick the target, to get its fine-sized offspring near orfices to live in. The target is allowed a fortitude save against 15 + the father-terrea's HD. If the fortitude save succeeds, he is panicked and takes a -4 poison penalty to CON. If the save fails, the target falls unconcious and rises as a slave to the father in 1 hour. If the father is slain, the new terrea seems to be dazed but otherwise acts normal (although he may start to show his dislike for divine casters). After one day, the terrea has matured to a full grown terrea. A terrea can only father a child once every three days, as the slime needs time to grow a system of coherent neurons (ie, the slime is impotent/nonintelligent until it has had three days to devalop).
Alternatively, a tarrea can leave it's host to enter a new, unconcious target. The tarrea can bring any biologic information it wants, and it has a 50% chance to regain his third adaption slot to do so. This takes the tarrea one minute of crawling out of its host, while leaving the host helpless.

Desease(ex): Terrea count as an infection desease. A creature can be cured of this template to regain its own alignment and memories with a heal check vs DC 50, a casting of Remove Desease (although the save and the spell resistance apply) and a miracle spell (negates the terrea a save and spell resistance chance, but requires a touch attack and a holy symbol). A creature with regeneration will cure itself in 50-regeneration days. The tarrasque has cured itself in ten days. Creatures with fast healing can also heal themselves; this takes 100 days minus the amount of fast healing.

Desecrate (sp)
once per day, a Terrea can cast Desecrate as a 14th level cleric.

Desecrate holy simbol (sp)
upon a successful touch attack, target holy simbol is desecrated. Terrea typically use their tongue for this, but any physical contact will do.

Also, this is my first homebrew!

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-29, 12:17 PM
Well then, maybe I can do this. Assuming 1 day left means it ends tomorrow.

Here it is. I'm sure its horrendously broken though. And it took creating a new size category.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg41/The_Dark_Fiddler/Fluffzle.png
A picture by our leading scientist; little Timmy, age 5.
Nearly Microscopic Size

Near Microscopic Size
A near microscopic sized creature is roughly the size of a piece of dust or grain of sand. Because of this miniscule size, nearly an endless amount of creatures of this size can occupy the same square, and thousands of these creatures can still occupy a square if it is occupied by a larger creature. They must enter an opponent’s square in order to attack, and this provides as attack of opportunity. Additionally, any creature of this size that does not have magically powered locomotion will be unable to move even one square a round, often taking several rounds to move a single square. They have no natural reach and do not provoke attacks of opportunity, cannot flank opponents, and cannot attack with an attack of opportunity if an opponent of a larger size moves through their square. Because of their small size, all Near Microscopically sized creatures are immune to slashing and piercing damage.

Size Modifier: +64 Grapple Modifier: -128 Hide Modifier: +64
Height or Length: non-existent Weight: non-existent Space: non-existent
Natural Reach (tall): 0 ft. Natural Reach (long): 0 ft.

{table=head] Stat Name | Stats
Size/Type | Nearly Microscopic Aberration
Hit Dice | 2d8+8 (17)
Initiative | +5
Speed | 0 ft (0 squares), fly 600 ft (120 squares) perfect maneuverability
Armor Class | 79 (Touch 79, Flat-Footed 74)
Base Attack/Grapple | +65/-128
Attack | Bite (+61) 1d2-1
Full Attack | Bite (+61) 1d2-1
Space/Reach | none/0 ft
Special Attack | Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities | Immunity to acid
Saves | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +5
Abilities | STR 3, CON 20, DEX 20, INT 20, WIS 20, CHA 8
Skills | none
Feats | Toughness
Environment | Any
Organization | Alone (1), family (2), swarm (2500)
Challenge Rating | ?
Treasure | Standard
Alignment | Usually Chaotic Evil
Advancement | By HD
Level Adjustment | ?
[/table]

Fluffzles are odd creatures, small as a grain of sand. Because of their size, they are difficult to study, and nobody knows for sure what they look like, but leading sages have discovered that they seem to be small balls of green fur with jagged sharp teeth, and no limbs.

Combat
Fluffzles will fly around aimlessly until finding an enemy. When fighting, they will force themselves into their opponent’s stomach or lungs through the mouth, unless it is unreachable, in which case they will attack with their special bite. If their bite lands on an opponent, they will gain a bite attack that deals 1d2-1 damage, and has the same qualities as a Fluffzle. After four weeks, they will gain a flight speed 600 ft., perfect maneuverability. After two months, they become a Fluffzle, instantly. The only way to prevent or reverse this is with a Wish spell.

When inside an opponent, they will use their expand ability to kill them. A Fluffzle takes no damage from an attack that deals acid damage.

Bear’s Endurance (Sp), Bull’s Strength (Sp), Cat’s Grace (Sp), Eagle’s Splendor (Sp), Fox’s Cunning (Sp), Owl’s Wisdom (Sp)
All as the spell, but can only target self. Caster level 20th.

Expand (Ex)
A Fluffzle may grow themselves to any size, as if casting Enlarge Person on themselves, but is not restricted to only growing one size. When growing to Fine size, a Nearly Microscopic creature’s Strength is multiplied by 6 and gains normal heights and weight for a creature of that size. If used inside an enemy, that enemy may make a Fortitude save to save themselves from damage once the Fluffzle is one size smaller than them to stop the Fluffzle from growing, and the Fluffzle is treated as a creature being enlarged who is growing for a size to small for them. Once they reach the same size, the creature must make another Fortitude save or die instantly. The creature’s Fortitude save is opposed by the Fluffzle’s strength check.

Fluffzle Characters
Fluffzle characters possess the following traits:
• A Strength Score of 3, +8 Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, and Wisdom.
• Near Microscopic size: +64 to Armor Class, + 64 bonus on attack rolls, +64 on hide checks, a -128 penalty on grapple checks, inability to carry anything.
• A flight speed of 600 ft. with perfect maneuverability.
• All Spell-like abilities and Extraordinary abilities a Fluffzle has.
• Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Language: All (except secret languages)
• Favored Class: Barbarian
• A Fluffzle character cannot wield weapons, wear armor, or use any items requiring a physical interaction to activate.
• Level Adjustment +0

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-29, 08:19 PM
UIf that's how you decided to rule it in the begining, I would have entered.
Hey, this is my first contest. I'm learning.

Edit: Congrats, Iferus!
About 3-1/2 hours to go! Then you can vote!
Edit2: Well, plus 1 day. When originally posted.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-01, 07:44 AM
Voting has begun! (Okay, voting began almost 8 hours ago, but I had things to do at midnight. Even dragons have to sleep.)
What you can vote for:
The Naturals, by Brightfeather (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6284227#post6284227)
The Krion, by Sanguine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6284321#post6284321)
The Ploonkas, by Lyndworm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285367#post6285367)
The Abstractions, by Limos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285816#post6285816)
The Kele by Karma Guard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6292432#post6292432)
The Tarrea by Iferus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6390569#post6390569)
The Fluffzles by The Dark Fiddler (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6391066#post6391066)

Rmemember, 1 vote per person, only your first vote counts.
Good races, all!

Vaynor
2009-07-01, 03:43 PM
Damn! I missed it. I wanted to make a Werebunny.

Shevarash's_Son
2009-07-01, 03:57 PM
i would have to go with the ploonkas the name is just too cool and the whole idea is awesome

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-01, 07:32 PM
Shameless self promotion, I vote for the Fluffzle by this Dark Fiddler guy.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-01, 09:03 PM
If you vote for your own monster, the vote will not be counted.
Nice try, DF.

Iferus
2009-07-02, 03:42 AM
I vote that all these races are very weird. Especially mine - biologically it's a race, but in-game, it's a template XD

What you can vote for:
The Naturals, by Brightfeather (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6284227#post6284227)
The Krion, by Sanguine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6284321#post6284321)
The Ploonkas, by Lyndworm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285367#post6285367)
The Abstractions, by Limos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285816#post6285816)
The Kele by Karma Guard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6292432#post6292432)
The Tarrea by Iferus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6390569#post6390569)
The Fluffzles by The Dark Fiddler (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6391066#post6391066)

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-02, 06:59 AM
Well, I honestly didn't see that. Guess I need to read more.

Sereg
2009-07-02, 07:59 AM
I'm also going with ploonkas.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-02, 12:35 PM
I vote that all these races are very weird. Especially mine - biologically it's a race, but in-game, it's a template XD
You know this doesn't count as a vote...right?

What you can vote for:
Didn't I do this?

Well, I honestly didn't see that. Guess I need to read more.
Meh, it's o.k.

Lyndworm
2009-07-02, 06:55 PM
I vote for the Kele.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-03, 07:11 AM
Good...I was afraid I'd have to use the word "Unanimous" in the last post.
I just hope I don't have to say "Tie"...

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-13, 06:30 AM
Voting ended 6 days ago. :smallredface:
The scores are coming.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-13, 07:33 PM
Scoring:

Natural by Brightfeather
+3 for fluff
-3 for not being a race (it's not much but text...)
-2 for missing two possibilities
Total: -2

Krion by Sanguine
+3 for fluff
+2 for extra possibility (since I'll count psi-likes as spell-likes)
Total: 5

Ploonka by Lyndworm
+8 for two votes (the most of anyone!)
+3 for fluff
+2 for extra possibility
Total: 13

Abstraction by Limos
+3 for fluff
-1 for missed possibility
Total: 2

Kele by Karma Guard
+4 for one vote
+3 for fluff
+0 for extra possibility (having multiple oddities still counts as one)
Total: 8

Tarrea by Iferus
+3 for fluff
+1 for 1/2 extra possibility (SOMETIMES it is Diminutive or smaller)
Total: 4

Fluffzle by The Dark Fiddler (FYI, it's broken, but who cares for this?)
+3 for fluff
+2 for the extra possibility
Total: 5

Placings:
1st-The Ploonka (13)
2nd-The Kele (8)
3rd-The Krion and The Fluffzle (5 each)
5th-The Tarrea (4)
6th-The Abstraction (2)
7th-The Natural (-2)

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-13, 08:13 PM
Psh, you'll all regret not voting for the Fluffzle when a swarm attacks you, you swallow them, and they expand inside of you.

Yes... your doom is nigh....

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-14, 03:40 PM
You still got 3rd place...

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-14, 09:28 PM
...your doom is slightly less nigh.

Congrats to Lyndworm though.

And yes, it's broken as all hell.

I'd love to sick a swarm on my players though. Especially in their first battle.

Lyndworm
2009-07-14, 09:53 PM
Congrats to Lyndworm though.

Thank you.

Iferus
2009-07-15, 04:08 AM
Scoring:

Tarrea by Iferus
+3 for fluff
+1 for 1/2 extra possibility (SOMETIMES it is Diminutive or smaller)
Total: 4

1. The race is an abberation, inteligent ooze, inteligent construct, or inteligent plant, or inteligent undead. -> "sometimes" and in a way they always are..
2. The race has spell-like abilities. -> Yep
3. The race has a different set of appendages than humans (an extra head, one arm, a tail, etc) -> Quite possible :P
4. The race can pass on its weirdness (e.g, like a weird lycanthrope/wraith). -> Yep
5. The race is Diminutive or smaller, or Gargantuan or larger. -> "sometimes"
6. The race can change some aspect of its being. -> Yep

So, I demand more half points! :D

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-16, 06:26 AM
1. The race is an abberation, inteligent ooze, inteligent construct, or inteligent plant, or inteligent undead. -> "sometimes" and in a way they always are..
2. The race has spell-like abilities. -> Yep
3. The race has a different set of appendages than humans (an extra head, one arm, a tail, etc) -> Quite possible :P
4. The race can pass on its weirdness (e.g, like a weird lycanthrope/wraith). -> Yep
5. The race is Diminutive or smaller, or Gargantuan or larger. -> "sometimes"
6. The race can change some aspect of its being. -> Yep

So, I demand more half points! :D

1. Hmm...maybe...okay, 1/2 the time or so
2. Okay
3. Meh
4. Okay
5. That's the truth!
6. Hmmm...er...maybe?
So that's 4, maybe...you need three, which would put you at 5 points and tie you for 3rd...you make a good point...Okay, what's your favorite kind of dragon?

Iferus
2009-07-16, 07:21 AM
I win at vaguely qualifying!
And my favorite dragon would be the bronze dragon.

Lolzords
2009-07-16, 10:43 AM
Here's something I've been working on, it's based on the Kroot from WH40k. It's the first thing I've homebrewed but I think it's pretty decent.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Kroot_(3.5e_Race)

EDIT: Not sure if this is still within the time limit.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-16, 10:52 AM
Well, if we're able to argue, then...

We needed three, and we got +2 for each extra, right? And I got +2 for one extra, but, (and I may just be misunderstanding here):

1. The race is an abberation, inteligent ooze, inteligent construct, or inteligent plant, or inteligent undead. Abberation
2. The race has spell-like abilities. Bear's Endurance and such
3. The race has a different set of appendages than humans (an extra head, one arm, a tail, etc) No limbs, which is different.
4. The race can pass on its weirdness (e.g, like a weird lycanthrope/wraith). I did have this written, but I forgot to post it :smallfrown:.
5. The race is Diminutive or smaller, or Gargantuan or larger. It took a new size category.
6. The race can change some aspect of its being. Size

So I should have +4 for 2 extras.

If I hadn't accidentally cut off the passing it on (originally, any bite that hit would transform the person who got bit into a Fluffzle in 6 weeks), I'd have second, but since I didn't, its really just making sure its scored correctly.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-16, 02:33 PM
And my favorite dragon would be the bronze dragon.
Wrong answer! The correct answer is "Gold Dragon".

Here's something I've been working on, it's based on the Kroot from WH40k. It's the first thing I've homebrewed but I think it's pretty decent.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Kroot_(3.5e_Race)

EDIT: Not sure if this is still within the time limit.
No, it's quite a bit over limit.

Well, if we're able to argue, then...

We needed three, and we got +2 for each extra, right? And I got +2 for one extra, but, (and I may just be misunderstanding here):

1. The race is an abberation, inteligent ooze, inteligent construct, or inteligent plant, or inteligent undead. Abberation
2. The race has spell-like abilities. Bear's Endurance and such
3. The race has a different set of appendages than humans (an extra head, one arm, a tail, etc) No limbs, which is different.
4. The race can pass on its weirdness (e.g, like a weird lycanthrope/wraith). I did have this written, but I forgot to post it :smallfrown:.
5. The race is Diminutive or smaller, or Gargantuan or larger. It took a new size category.
6. The race can change some aspect of its being. Size

So I should have +4 for 2 extras.

If I hadn't accidentally cut off the passing it on (originally, any bite that hit would transform the person who got bit into a Fluffzle in 6 weeks), I'd have second, but since I didn't, its really just making sure its scored correctly.
Say, you're right! I missed that! Sorry.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-20, 08:06 PM
I have made the trophies. I will send them to the winners once I figure out how to get the pictures from my computer to the forums.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-20, 08:22 PM
Use photobucket or imageshack or something similar.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-20, 08:24 PM
Use photobucket or imageshack or something similar.

And how do I get it there? Geez, don't assume I know that. This is the first forum I've ever joined.

Knaight
2009-07-20, 08:52 PM
They are photo hosting sites independent of any forum. Google the names and they should show up, from there its pretty intuitive. To get things on Giant In the Playground use image code, which is the yellow post card with mountains on it in the formatting bar.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-22, 06:24 AM
They are photo hosting sites independent of any forum. Google the names and they should show up, from there its pretty intuitive. To get things on Giant In the Playground use image code, which is the yellow post card with mountains on it in the formatting bar.

A.) So? If I'm not on a forum, why would I need to put photos on the web?
B.) I knew about the image code thing, but not how to get images on the web. Still, thanks.

Lyndworm
2009-07-22, 06:32 AM
A.) So? If I'm not on a forum, why would I need to put photos on the web?
B.) I knew about the image code thing, but not how to get images on the web. Still, thanks.

If you have any trouble, you can email whatever you need to me and I'll host it on my photobucket account. It's not like I keep anything useful on there anyway.