PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 Warlord Help

cupkeyk
2009-06-10, 06:49 AM
Can I get any criticism on the build?
The objective is to grant as many actions per round to my party as a tribute to that spell that we all knew and loved from 3.5: Haste

L'Esprit D'Escalier
Half Orc Warlord (Bravura Presence)
Ability Scores(Inc. Racial Adj.)
S18
C11
D15
I8
W10
C16
Background Born under a Bad Sign( D366) ???
Skills: Athletics, Diplomacy, Endurance, Heal, Intim
Feats
1 Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
2 Lend Might
4 Shield Proficiency (Heavy Shield)
6 Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
8 Harlequin Style (D393)
10 Saving Inspiration
11 Heavy Blade Opportunity
12 Shield Specialization >Retrain to Armor Specialization (Scale @L22)
14 Combat Commander
16 Thirst For Battle ???
18 Durable ???
20 exotic weapon style (d368) ???
21 Heavy Blade Mastery
22 Armor Proficiency (Scale)
24 Martial Mastery ???
26 Epic Resurgence ???
28 <Blank> ???
30 <Blank> ???
Powers
At-will
Furious Smash + Brash Assault
Encounter
1 Hammer and Anvil > 13 Pincer Maneuver > 27 Warlord's Indignation
3 Flattening Charge > 17 Hail of Steel
7 Provoke Overextention > 23 Pillar to Post
Daily
1 Concentrated Attack > 15 Warlord's assault > 29 Flawless Snare
5 Staggering Spin > 19 Victory Surge
9 Warlord's Recovery > 25 Warlord's Resurgence
Utility
2 Knight's Move
6 Guileful switch
10 Rallying Deflection
16 Precision timing
22 Bloodthirsty Offence
Paragon Path: Pack Master (D364)
Epic Destiny: War Master (MP)

Question, am I allowed to have two fighting style feats? if yes, it is worth it that they affect the same at will power( in this case brash strike)

Decoy Lockbox
2009-06-10, 11:38 AM
I've never played a warlord, but I'd like to point out that Brash strike is a fighter power, and that you do not have it.

cdrcjsn
2009-06-10, 11:43 AM
I've never played a warlord, but I'd like to point out that Brash strike is a fighter power, and that you do not have it.

Brash Strike might be...but Brash Assault is definitely a warlord power (in Martial Power).

Mando Knight
2009-06-10, 11:50 AM
If you want to grant attacks to your allies, I'd suggest Resourceful or Tactical presences instead... especially an Eladrin Tactical Warlord. Commander's Strike is an at-will that grants an attack, and Spiral Tower Tactician allows the Eladrin to Fey Step his allies all over the place.

cdrcjsn
2009-06-10, 11:51 AM
Unless you're starting at epic levels, I wouldn't worry about the exact build too much. If you play through the levels, you'll probably change your mind at some point and tweak things around a bit.

As for the fighting styles, I was under the impression that you can only choose one, similar to multi-class feats. I could be wrong however, since I don't have the articles in front of me. As to being worth it...it depends. What level are you starting at? Most combats tend to last 4-6 rounds and if you're using encounters/dailies most of the time, then it would be a bit of a waste.

You'll also need to consider items as much as your feats/powers. The Helm of Heroes for example, lets you turn a basic melee attack you grant to any standard action which is nice.

Salve of Power and Power Jewel allows you to recover some daily/encounter powers.

Artanis
2009-06-10, 12:19 PM
If you want to grant attacks to your allies, I'd suggest Resourceful or Tactical presences instead... especially an Eladrin Tactical Warlord. Commander's Strike is an at-will that grants an attack, and Spiral Tower Tactician allows the Eladrin to Fey Step his allies all over the place.

Seconded. The extra-action stuff all tends to involve your INT, but the Bravelord is more about CHA.

To further support Commander's Strike, it not only grants an ally an extra attack, but in the right circumstances*, it can rival Twin Strike. That's right, you have an at-will that can (in theory) get close to what is arguably the single most powerful at-will in the game.

*Commander's Strike is 1w+stat+stat+addons, Twin Strike is 2w+addons+addons. With a high enough INT and a buddy with a big enough weapon and STR, you can get pretty close.