PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 performance group campaign suggestions

DizzyD
2009-06-10, 07:47 AM
I’ve had this idea for a campaign for a while now but I’ve only DMed modules and I’m having trouble putting my ideas together in one storyline.
My campaign Idea is to have the players part of a newly formed performance group (some sort of band would be Ideal but I don’t want to limit their characters more than I already will be). Each character will be starting as gestalt lvl 1 but one side of their gestalt must be bard. The campaign would be revolving around their tour. In each gig would involve some sort of quest or battle that may start before during or after their set. For example, the bar owner is running out of ale because his shipment hasn’t arrived in over a week so he suggests that the band figure out why before they are aloud to play so the characters can choose to figure out the reason the ale has disappeared or move on to the next gig.
Does this sound at all interesting. I’m looking for ideas and ways to tie it all together. Any suggestions would help.

Decoy Lockbox
2009-06-10, 11:01 AM
It sounds great! Why not do it Scooby Doo/Josie and the pusscats/Jabberjaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabberjaw)* style and have them ride around in a van --I mean wagon-- solving mysteries and saving towns in between gigs?

Alternativly, what if the whole campaign was a rock opera? Like, the villain, and all the main PCs and NPCs have their own theme songs and all that jazz. The final battle of epic-ness would be some sort of musical fight for supremacy between the BBEG and the party, with guitar soloes, and pyrotechnics and backup singers a la "Little Shop of Horrors".

Honestly, you could go anywhere with a campaign like this.

EDIT: I just noticed that you live not too far from me. If you need more players for this, I would totally be down for it.

*For those who didn't grow up in the 70s/80s/early 90s, Jabberjaw was a thinly-veiled ripoff of Scooby Doo, set in a futuristic underwater city, and featuring a highly annoying talking shark named Jabberjaw as the signature talking animal. Come to think of it, there were a lot of cartoons back then with the format "band goes around in tour van solving mysteries".

woodenbandman
2009-06-10, 03:51 PM
I'm in a game where this happened. It's an eberron game, and we're like Dethklok flying around in our Hatredcopter.