PDA

View Full Version : New Race (PEACH)

Blackdrop
2006-05-19, 09:39 PM
Jarek are crusaders out to rid the world of Chaos and Evil. They use their personality and cunning to seek out and destroy evil.
They look like golden skinneded beardless dwarves. They have small amounts of facia (men)l and body hair and hair colors generally range from white to a light blue. There hair is usually tied back and length depends on age. Eye color is generally blue or green.
Jarek
+2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -4 Dexterity
-Mediuml-Size
-Base Speed is 30ft
-The Jarek have +2 to Gather Information and Diplomacy
-Low-Light Vision
-+2 to all saves against spells and spell-like abilities with the [evil] descripton
-Can Detect Evil once per week
-Can wield Longswords regardless of Class
-Languages: Common, Celestrial. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Dwarven, Elven, and Infernal
Favored Class: Paladin

BelkarsDagger
2006-05-19, 09:43 PM
Make the favored class Paladin and you're set. Two favored classes or a choice is too flexible for how you described them.

Minchandre
2006-05-20, 01:48 AM
I would toss on an LA +1.

MrSeth
2006-05-20, 01:55 AM
Nah. Slower speed, detect evil once a week... it's actually pretty nerfed, except for the double +2's.

Necomancer
2006-05-20, 01:59 AM
That seems like too many stat bonuses for a -2 dex. Beyond that it's pretty nice.

Caelestion
2006-05-20, 08:12 AM
The Hobgoblin from the MM:
Medium Human (Goblinoid).
+2 Dex, +2 Con.
Base speed: 30 ft.
+4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.
Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Infernal, Giant, Orc.
Favoured Class: Fighter.
Level Adjustment: +1.

Why are your dwarf people immune to Unholy Blight and Blasphemy? Those are powerful spells and that's pretty much a unique ability.

silverdreamdancer
2006-05-20, 10:14 AM
Maybe +2 to all saves against spells and spell-like abilities with the [evil] descriptor? Detect evil 1/day
then it would be a +1 Lv adjustment

Or remove the immunity to those evil spells completly to keep it at lv adjustment +0

Blackdrop
2006-05-20, 01:06 PM
I'm trying to keep it at LA +0. Other wise it sounds pretty good with the +2 saves for spells and spell like abilites.

High-Chancellor
2006-05-20, 02:22 PM
Personally I think they seem a bit weak... I might at a +2 con or something... Dexterity seems a lot more vital a stat than wisdom or charisma, and additionaly it has a slow basespeed. Either that or I'd just knock it up to regular 30ft and call it even.

Blackdrop
2006-05-20, 08:04 PM
It seems pretty balanced as is though. The Con bonus would be too much.

idksocrates
2006-05-20, 10:55 PM
Its an interesting race.

You know what... I take that back... Its a pretty boring race....

I say this only because they are pretty much super lawful good race (and with the racial abilities to cover being a pladin well). One of the major criticisms about this is that you've pretty much created a race with a major class in mind. The only other base class this race is good for is cleric. Druid doesn't use charisma and could really use the dex with their low armor. Ranger really needs the dex. Fighter has almost no need for the wis or cha.

besides flavor problems, it is balanced, if a little short on abilities. You know Dwarfs get +2 on all saves against magic, right?

so are they Humanoid, or native outsiders? Making them native outsiders would probably make them balanced.

and i agree with High-chancellor. Give them 30 foot base speed.

Blackdrop
2006-05-21, 07:27 PM
Alright I'll change the base speed

I am to assume the Native Outsider is 3.5 because I have no clue what you talking about and they aren't dwarf.

They could make good... rogues if your playing the old fashioned Charismatic rogue that run at the first sign of combat.

The_Snark
2006-05-21, 07:52 PM
But most rogues like to be able to sneak and pick locks, disable traps... stuff like that.

Blackdrop
2006-05-21, 10:48 PM
I was onlt saying that for the the sake of arguing.

reorith
2006-05-22, 12:44 AM
so like where do jarek build there cities or othe settlements?

idksocrates
2006-05-22, 12:49 AM
Alright I'll change the base speed

I am to assume the Native Outsider is 3.5 because I have no clue what you talking about and they aren't dwarf.

They could make good... rogues if your playing the old fashioned Charismatic rogue that run at the first sign of combat.

I mean that their +2 on saves against evil spells pretty much pales in comparison to a dwarf's +2 bonus on all magic.

And with that logic, they would probably make better bards than rogues. The bonus on gather information and diplomacy could make them better bards than half-elves.

Blackdrop
2006-05-22, 06:58 PM
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?