PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Paragon Multiclassing (4.0)

lordhack
2009-06-10, 02:50 PM
This might be better in the Homebrew thread, but I thought it would go better here. Paragon Multiclassing is obviously weaker than any other Paragon Path presented. I haven't had any player approach me with interest in it, but I'm not sure if there's just no interest, or if it's too weak. If someone wanted to do it, I'd almost certainly give them more powers, so I wanted to talk about how you might go about that. As an example, here's an idea for Paragon Multiclassing into rogue.

Rogue (Multiclass Paragon)
Prerequisite: Rogue Multiclass feat, Novice Power, Acolyte Power, and Adept Power.

First Strike (11th Level)
At the start of an encounter, you have combat advantage against any creatures that have not yet acted in that encounter.

Sneak Attack Action(11th Level)
When you spend an action point, you may use the Rogue's Sneak attack feature an additional time this encounter.

Rogue Tactics (16th Level)
Choose one of the following options.
Artful Dodger: You gain a bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier against opportunity attacks.
Brutal Scoundrel: You gain a bonus to Sneak Attack damage equal to your Strength modifier.
The choice you make also provides bonuses to certain
rogue powers. Individual powers detail the effects
(if any) your Rogue Tactics selection has on them.

At 11th level, choose a Rogue Encounter Power of 7th level or lower.
At 12th level, choose a Rogue Utility Power of 10th level or lower.
At 20th level, choose a Rogue Daily Power of 19th level or lower.

Would this work as a template to apply to any class? It seems a bit weaker than a typical paragon path still, but much stronger than before. Any criticism or other ideas on fixing Paragon Multiclassing would be appreciated.