PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Dream

Thrawn183
2009-06-10, 03:29 PM
Alright, clearly this is a counterpart to the "Your Worst Nightmare" thread! Same, if opposing, idea applies and I'll start us off again.

So around a month after I saw the Iron man movie in theater I had a dream where I was Iron man. I don't remember the specifics except that being Iron man was, surprise, amazing. I was ecstatic to be Iron man. Then I woke up. I went to the bathroom and walked to my landlords room feeling kinda bummed that I was going to have to move in with the Avengers and leave him with an open room that I had said I would be staying in.

Half-way down the hallway I realized that I am in fact not Iron man. And so ended one of the happiest moments of my entire life. Yes, I managed to go to the bathroom and have a serious internal monologue about explaining how I was going to go join the avengers before I realized I'm not actually Iron man. My friends thought this was hilarious.

TheBST
2009-06-10, 03:30 PM
Be honest guys.

None of our best dreams are SFW.

Castaras
2009-06-10, 04:12 PM
Be honest guys.

Was just about to say that or something along the lines thereof. ^.^ :smallamused:

arguskos
2009-06-10, 04:39 PM
Be honest guys.

...I was going to try and post one that proved you wrong, but I can't remember anything that fits the bill.

Yup, too much NSFW stuff in my most memorable dreams. :smallwink:

Ravens_cry
2009-06-10, 06:48 PM
I got to be with my grandfather, my mothers father.
He died when I was two, but I had been told many things about him, and of course I had seen pictures, so I always wanted to meet him and remember him. The best part was I woke up, fell back asleep and was able to re-enter that same dream.
This is the only time I ever remember that happening.

Yarram
2009-06-10, 07:01 PM
I dunno about SWF, but three weeks ago, I dreamt that I was conducting Handel's Messiah with a full orchestra and a 400 piece choir. WOW! I woke up happy that morning. That's the only good dream I can remember off the top of my head though.

My ext. English class was talking about dreams (We're studying Romanticism), and we found it strange that stereotypically, we think dreams are good, where-as most are weird and horrible.

Allysian
2009-06-10, 07:32 PM
The other night I dreamed my friend Shelby was like, in my class for a day. And I got fed up with my teacher so we walked out and went to the woods near my house and talked in my tent. I think we played a computer game to. :smallconfused:

Thrawn183
2009-06-10, 09:26 PM
Psh, SFW? That's why I glossed over how awesome it was to be Iron man!

Partof1
2009-06-10, 09:30 PM
I play Star Wars minis, ddm's better cousin, so many of my dreams revolve around that. Generally, I go into my LGS, which is very different from normal. I buy a booster, generally from an out of print, or non-existant, set, look at the cards and am ecstatic to find two rares, very good ones. I wander aroud, play some games, then wake up. Yes, I am a geek.

Mauve Shirt
2009-06-10, 09:44 PM
I haven't really had a "best" dream... they're all kind of surreal, leaving me with no feeling but "I really should write that down."
Y'know what, here's a link to my dream log (http://dreamlogincolor.blogspot.com/).

Alteran
2009-06-10, 09:54 PM
I play Star Wars minis, ddm's better cousin

Blasphemy! :smallyuk:

I very rarely remember my dreams. Sometimes I wake up in a half-dream haze in the morning, but I almost never remember quite what a dream was. The last one I remember properly had my friends and I climbing up a gigantic metal tower and playing D&D at the top. :smallconfused:

A few weeks ago I woke up, and from my dreams I somehow got the idea that in a game I play (Tribal Wars), I needed to make my villages more elastic so that enemy attacks would bounce off. Needless to say, that is not actually a part of the game.

Yes, I am a nerd.

banthesun
2009-06-10, 10:06 PM
I once had a dream where me and all my friends (and some people who weren't friends) went and fought an army of demigods/demonthings with our awesome powers. It was a long and very detailed dream battle, full of awesome techniques, heroic last stands and timely rescues. It was really vivid, even by my standards.

The day after I went round and thanked all my friends for their in dream help, and some guy I barely knew, because he managed to save us all by bringing reinforcements and then he got killed. I thought I ought to thank him for that.

He looked at me strange.

DigoDragon
2009-06-11, 07:20 AM
Hmmm, I've had a few SFW dreams hanging out with characters from my comic strip. Really makes me wish I had a cartoon series going with them. :smallsmile:

Dogmantra
2009-06-11, 07:28 AM
My best dream ever was when I got to hang around with Crassius Curio from Morrowind, the Weighted Companion Cube and an awesome dude from another forum.
We did not do anything NSFW...

My other best dream was the... second (I think) in a recurring series of dreams taking place at my old school. Basically, it was plagued with a demon (with a name similar to, but not, Xykon), who liked to show up. The first time it happened, I got eaten because I didn't know what was going on. The second time, I fought it in turn based RPG-style and won. It turned out school was just a videogame, where I won. The third time... was weird.

Linkavitch
2009-06-11, 08:38 AM
I once had a dream I had the combined powers of Spider-man and Wolverine. No, I'm serious. I don't remember actually doing anything, but I realized, "Hey! I can shoot webs and have metal claws come out of my hand! This is sweet!" And then I woke up. I fell right back to sleep, and I dreamed my older sister made me go to a Briney Spears concert. Not sure how I knew it was Britney, 'cuz I was about three miles from the stage. It's really weird cuz my sister not into Britney at all.:smallconfused:

Corlindale
2009-06-11, 11:04 AM
I've had a strange number of dreams where I've had magical powers of some kind of late, often almost bordering on omnipotence. No idea if it signifies anything, but it's certainly cool:smallbiggrin:.

Just last night I dreamt that I had some kind of "hyper-numerologist" power to shape the fates of others by altering their names:smallsmile: Initially it was just a mental thing - by pronouncing their names with the slightest alterations in intonation in front of others, I could shape other people's perception of them. Later on in the dream, I was in possesion of a scroll whereon I could write alterations to people's names in golden ink, and I think pretty much change anything about them (no, I never watched Death Note:smallsmile:).

The setting wherein I had this power had me trying to adjudicate some kind of Victorian-era dispute, with two rivals wooing the same woman. I don't recall why, perhaps I was friends with one of them. I do think one of them was established as the evil one, though I don't remember how I knew.

I don't remember that many details, except that I made numerous attempts to solve the dispute using my powers, but I always ended up not quite getting it right. Finally I thought that I might just erase the evil guys name on my scroll - this I somehow knew would completely erase him from existence, and should thus solve the situation neatly.
But then a voice of reason told me that if I erased him it would also retroactively eliminate any effects he'd had on the world - including that of his presence being a part of shaping my current personality - so I realized that erasing him could not only have very far-flung butterfly effect-like consequences, but it would almost certainly destroy my current self as well. I wisely decided not to do it.

Then I woke up.

(Yes, I have pretty weird dreams...)

Fredthefighter
2009-06-11, 11:26 AM
Best dream?
Probably the one where I find out I'm an insanely powerful sorceror, kill everyone who has ever wronged me in an extremely painful (some would say sadistic) fashion, then fall in love with the girl of my dreams and take over the world with an extremely violent plan that involves shoving lightning up the orifices of anyone who opposes me, then forcing Napalm-esque fireballs down their throats.

Pretty much it there.

Other than the violence and gore, the dream does not involve anything that's NSFW/NSFS.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-06-11, 12:13 PM
I have never, not once, remembered a good dream. Ever.

I think this indicates something wrong with me.

OverdrivePrime
2009-06-11, 12:17 PM
All my best dreams involve epic battles, usually with a post-apocalyptic or survivalist theme.

A couple weeks ago I had one where my wife and I were heading off... somewhere. There was an alien invasion or something (again!) and I think we were leading some folks to an escape route. Anyway, we got these people safe, beat up some alien commandos (my wife is not to be messed with) and then she went to go release a bunch of human prisoners or something like that while I stole an alien mecha (conspicuously similar to a Valkyrie (http://www.tvterrorist.com/images/robotech_valkyrie.jpg)) and started whuppin' tale on the aliens that way. Once I ran out of ammo, it was sweet robot-on-robot fisticuffs. Eventually I made it back to the base that my wife and the escaped prisoners managed to take over and stole some alone time against a deserted skyline as the human resistance fleet finally arrived and provided some fireworks.

Most of my dreams don't involve giant mecha, but all the good ones involve me suplexing jerks and smashing faces. My subconscious is a violent sum'bitch. :smallamused:

Telonius
2009-06-11, 12:29 PM
Best dream ... Very weird, but the whole thing played out as though it were on a stage, and everyone was dressed as though it were something in ancient Rome. A man and his wife had been arguing. (Both appeared in a very NSFW fashion). The woman stormed off the stage and left the guy alone. The narrator came onstage; she says that the man prayed to Venus to help him. Venus came on stage (appearing in typical Venus fashion, minus the clamshell), and said, "I would like to help you, but I'm an outdoor goddess of fertility. You're looking for Hestia, an indoor goddess of peace in the home." Narrator continues, saying that he prayed to Hestia. Hestia came onstage and dispensed some wise advice, and the guy was reconciled with his wife.

I say this is my best dream, since it taught me something I hadn't known before. It absolutely blew my mind that, hey, she's right, Venus doesn't really have all that much to do with maintaining a marriage, just with fertility. And I'd completely forgotten about Hestia - hadn't even heard the name for years, until I had that dream. I actually had to look it up when I woke up. Yeah, the subconscious is an amazing thing. :smallsmile:

Headless_Ninja
2009-06-11, 02:00 PM
I had a dream where I was an Imperial Guardsman. That ran a hotel. And was dating Felicia Day (in a totally SFW way, though). But then Neil Patrick Harris came after her and there was an epic car chase. Pretty good (if weird) dream. And I haven't even seen Doctor Horrible!