PDA

View Full Version : ANyone intrested: Naruto 4e

Darksword
2009-06-10, 04:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone would like to attempt narutol 4e with me. I have some ideas, but would like to hear others as well.

Edit
My first idea is instead of races, clans, or you can choose no clan and just be human. So here is the first clan. Also I'll need help with the powers, they'll take a while

Akimichi Clan
Ability scores: +2 con, +2 str,
Size: Medoum
Speed: 4
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common
Body Fat: When you are bloodied you get +2 to AC, and Fort, and Resist 2 to all damage.
Heavy Dude: Any time you are fatigued for a set number of rounds, that number is halved. This does not work for any racial powers, feats, or items.
Nikudan Sensha - Human Bullet Tank: Can be used as a encounter power

Nikudan Sensha - Human Bullet Tank Akimichi Clan taijutsu
__________________________________________________ __________________
You gather your energy, through out your body and grow into a giant ball, and rage at your foe.
__________________________________________________ _____________
Encounter*Tai,growth,
Full round personal/Other (see below)
Attack: Str v.s Ref
__________________________________________________ _________
Effect: You take up 2x2 squares until the beginning of your next turn. You can move up to 10 squares, but it take 3 squares to turn by one square. Any foes in your path is attacked, and pushed by one square away from you.
AT level 11 the damage is increased to 2d10, and at level 21 to 3d10.
__________________________________________________ ______

edit: I have a list of what need to be stated, that we have decided on. Since, we are still talking about what should be done for classes, jutsus and a bit about feats, and alot bout demons, it only has clans listed so far.

Clans/Races
we are almost done with cannon clans.
Aburame Clan
Akamichi Clan
Fuuma Clan
Hyuga Clan
inuzkak clan
Kaguya Clan[s]
Nara Clan
Sakon and Ukon ??????? maybe (later)
Senju clan (later)
[s]Uchia clan
Yamanaka clan

classes
ninja

class traits

nin
tai
gen
medic

class featues
we need more of all types

paragon paths

Epic Destinies

[/spoiler]

feats

these are the feats we have done
Heroic

-Kuchiyose no Jutsu
-Bloodline: Shargingon (single TOma)
-Bloodline: two Toma
-Puppeteer
-Improved Puppeteering
-Taijutsu Opportunist
-Reconstruction
-Bloodline: Kayuga bone corspe path
-Katon Master
-Suton Master
-Raiton Master
-Doton Master
-Fuuton Master
-Bone Weapon Fighter
-Gouken Ryuu - Strong Fist Style
-Bubun Baika no Jutsu - Partial Multi-Size Technique
-Draw the power out
-Jutsu Focus

Paragon

-Greater Reconstruction
-Mokuton jutsu user
-Hyoton jutsu user
-Advanced Gouken Ryuu - Strong Fist Style
-One handed signer
-Weapon sign

Epic

-Epic Reconstruction

Multiclassing
[spoiler]
-Special Demon: One tail Shukah
-Jinchuuriki (MultiClass)

Power Swap

-Sand Master

what we need

We need more jutsu
We need anything not crossed out from the lists above,(except the feat list)
We need someone to work on the garra auto sand sheild, and demon feats/powers.

Xallace
2009-06-10, 05:12 PM
I have to ask: if clan abilities are races, then what are the classes?

EDIT: By which I mean, with some more idea of how the whole thing will be set up, I'm perfectly willing to help.

RTGoodman
2009-06-10, 05:20 PM
Don't know jack about Naruto, but I can tell you off-hand that your ability score modifiers don't come close to following the 4E design conceit. Strictly speaking, races are designed to be good at some things, but never necessarily bad. No other race has an penalties to ability scores, and besides humans (who get +2 to one) and Changelings (who get +2 Cha and +2 to either Dex or Int), all races get +2 to two ability scores. For balance's sake, I suggest sticking with it.

Darksword
2009-06-10, 07:32 PM
CLass abilites cover non clan/bloodline jutusus. (Rasenga)
And ok I did not realize the lack of penalties, I just learned 4e

So I am thinking the following power source
Charka.
The charka power source allows powerful attacks, magical and otherwise, coming from your spirtual and physical powres. IT alows for three catergories of attacks, which are called jutusus
Tai: Physical attack
Gen: Illusion
Nin: everything else
and allow Bloodline abilites.
Now this time all charkra classes share many of the powers they choose.
Pargon classes, and feats, (pargon in partucalir) allow for more jutusu choices. I am thinking 3 classes and the following paragon paths

Medic (sakura)
Combat medic (forgot who)
Sharigon master (uchias)
Bjiuu master (Garra, Naruto)
Tai master (Gai, Lee)
Thrower (ten)
Gentle way fighter ( Hinta, Neji)
Beast Masters (Kiba, Shino who might be a Aburame master)
Elemental Master
Sword Master
Etc

A lot of paragon paths, are mast, meaning you need to know powers, of that type to go in. The reason is that the way jutsu are being implented, they have free regin mostly, with dm discrimated.

Xallace
2009-06-10, 08:04 PM
Wait, so are we using the normal classes in addition to new classes? If not, they're all powered by "chakra" anyway, so it would be a tad redundant.

Original Post:
Yeah, I guess that would be the only thing that made sense.

So the power sources would be Taijutsu (Martial), "Ninjutsu" (Magical), and Genjutsu (Illusion). What about Demon, is that available? It seems to me it would be a power source, but... that would mean there are only 9 people in the world with classes of that source... Unless most online Naruto roleplays are to be believed.

And it would break down into the same roles as regular 4E, yes? Controller, Defender, Leader, Striker.

OK, I have more suggestions for this, but for now, and idea?

Hyuuga Clan

Ability Scores: +2 Dex +2 Wis
Size: Medium (I think if they're all human, size seems a little redundant.)
Speed: 6 Squares
Vision: Normal (...sorta.)

Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics +2 Perception
Clan Combat Tradition: Your unarmed attacks are considered weapons with a proficiency bonus of +2 and deal 1d6 points of damage. You do not provoke opportunity attacks for striking unarmed. If a class feature or other ability would grant you a higher proficiency bonus or damage, you use the better of the two.
Bloodline Release: You gain the use of the Byakugan Power.

Encounter
Standard Action / Personal
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you ignore concealment when attacking.

...hmm, needs more for sure. Most of what I thought of would be feats later.

Xuincherguixe
2009-06-10, 10:17 PM
The idea of replacing races with clans I would say is probably a good call. Since everyone is human really. Well, except the various magical animals.

The problem with Naruto, is that there's not really a lot of very strongly defined classes.

For instance would Rock Lee and Neji Hyuga the same class? What about when you throw Gai in there who has been shown to at least occasionally use Ninjutsu.

Orochimaru is another weird one (he better be!) because he's mostly a Ninjutsu user, but also Medical Ninja.

Naruto D20 addresses the problem with lots of multi classing.

And there's also the problem of that Genjutsu is kind of poorly defined. Not a whole of Genjutsu techniques used very often. More a problem with Naruto than a Naruto 4th edition mind you.

I think in order to pull it off, there would need to be a fairly common pool of Jutsu to pick from, which for the most part would replace 4th editions powers. Some of which would be restricted by bloodline. Or you need to be some kind of freak to use them.

Classes would have to be very lose. Picking one doesn't necessarily mean you can't grab other stuff too.

Or, you could just ignore classes entirely. Assume everyone picks from the same pool of abilities.

Darksword
2009-06-11, 11:36 AM
Thanks for hyuga

Now Xu, what you said about classes, brought up a good point so this is my idea. All classes will have get there power from the same pool of jutusu. Certain classes, will be able to pick better jutus of a certain type. Example a fighter Nin (Charkra [tai] striker), could choose better tai jutus but at the expense of only being able to learn nin or gen (his choice), below his level. Classes will basically only define stats, combat oriented will have better hp, and such while jutsu based classes will have features to allow them to use their powers better. I am thinking of some optional rules that would range from allowing a basic regular game, with defined class, just using charakra power source, to a full out naruto game.
So back to jutsu, yay they will mostly be from the same source, but some feats paragon paths etc, would allow others, because it shows, special training above the norm. They would also cover bloodline abilities. Also some jutsus, might a have requirements to learn them
Now the demons are tricky. They are most defiantly not deserving of their own. I guess it is possible. It would explain why naruto could not master basic jutsus, because he did not get them because he got demon powers instead. The class would have access to the jutsu pool, and would have access to its own pool of powers. That would also be nice because we would not have to make powers for each of the nine beasts. They would get jipped of a few class features. May be one class feature most ninjas get gives them cantrips like jtusu (basic at will powers, like bushin, and substitution), but a demon ninja would not. We could make demons bearers a race (called the bjuuin, spelling might be off), and then there powers would be improved by feats, and paragon paths.
Finally my least favorite idea is a template. It would require making up la rules, and could be a problem waiting to happed.

SO now I leave u with a gift, a new feat. And I believe that you do not need a scroll to perform the jutsu but I am not positive.

Kuchiyose no Jutsu HeroicPre: must have made a pack with a summon animal. Must meet prerequisites for the summon. Evel 5
Benefit: You can use Heroic Kuchiyose no Jutsu encounter power.

Kuchiyose no Jutsu Heroic Nin feat power
You focus all your energy against the ground as you wipe your blood across it. And then a beast appeared to fight for you.
__________________________________________________ ________
Encounter*Summoning, Ninjutsu
Full action Range: adjacent to you (most have rooms to fit the summon)
__________________________________________________ ____________
Effect: You summon a summon beast, of your pact, that is in the heroic teir)

Rules about summoning
These are the basic rules, unless a feat, power etc says otherwise.
You can control a number of summon creatures equal to1/2 your level (minimum one).
A summon fights freely, you can give it a command as a minor action but it wont have to listen. You need to gain a summons trust usually.
Certain powers, allow combination attacks with summons.
In battle you can control up to your level +2 levels of summons. So a level 7 can control, any three summons, whose total level is no more than 9.
A single summon can have no more than 2 less levels than you. So using the same example, the max level of a summon for him is 5. This can be changed for story purposes, like when Naruto Summoned Gambunto, an epic level frog summon.

Also what about class features?

edit:

Aburame Clan
Scores: + 2wis, +2 int
Speed: 5
Vison: Normal (low light???)

Insect Fighter: Because of their obsession with insects, the aburame clan, gets a +1 on all rolls against insects, or about knowledge of insects
Bug Host; Poison Immunity: Because of their unique metabolism, they get from being a host, Aburame clan members, get a +1 on defense and saves against poison.
Bug Host: The aburame clan has a unique ability. They house bugs inside their body. They can use these bugs to fight, for them. At level one they have one small heroic kika clan. Every five levels they gain an adtional heroic kika clan, but they can get better clans through feats, and powers. At level 15 they get one additional small paragon swarm, and at level 25 an additional small epic swarm. Any time, a swarm is reduced to 0 hp, it can not be used until the host gets a full night rest.
Kika Parasite: BEcause of the nature of the bugs, an Aburame takes -1 on con each night. If they get a good night sleep, and good nutrients, they could stop this penalty from increase by -1. A healing jutus can decrease the penalty by +1, for every 10 hp restores, but it can never go above -1.
Kika Summon: An Aburame clan host can use Kika Summon as an encounter power.

The power will be posted later.

Sanguine
2009-06-11, 02:27 PM
I think Con would be a good bonus for Aburame. After all the bugs feed on there Chakra so they have to have a lot. Although this is based around my interpretation of how the ability scores would work in Naruto.

Edit: About the Bjiuu I would make it a feat you have to take at first level. instead of getting your "Cantrips"(Transform, Clone, Substitution) you would get the ability to once a day recharge an encounter power due to massive chakra. Then there would be more feats for when you uncover more of your Bjiuu abilities. Possibly including one that gives you the "Cantrips".

Ninetail
2009-06-11, 04:18 PM
I think you're better off using a system such as HERO or Mutants & Masterminds. Here's why:

* Everyone is human. Well, Naruto and a few others might be considered a different "race" due to their bound demons, but there's no real point to races otherwise. You can use them for clans, as you suggest (and as Rokugan did in 3e), but that leads to the next problem.

* Everyone is the same class, more or less. Sure, they have different powers, but some of those are clan-based (and if you make clans into race, then you can't make them into classes), and the rest are all "ninja techniques" of one sort or another. There's a wide variety, but they're all under the same umbrella. It's just a matter of which techniques a given ninja specializes in.

* D&D, as a system that separates abilities based on race and (more prominently) class, doesn't really suit this paradigm. You can make it work, but it will take a lot of effort.

* On the other hand, a point-buy system suits it perfectly: Everyone begins from the same base point (ninja trainee, or whatever). You can develop a few "packages" of pre-set powers to represent a given clan, perhaps at a slight discount to encourage their use. Then each player can assign their points to specific powers he wishes to specialize in.

Darksword
2009-06-11, 05:02 PM
please I hate those type of comments. There has been a lot sytem even a 3.5 that does not matter. We are trying to make a conversion because we want to. nuff said.

and about demons, I am not sure that a mere feat(s) would do the trick. A that could realy tip the balance of the game.
And I actualy interpeted the feed off con differently. Feeding off charkra decrease con.

Sanguine
2009-06-11, 05:15 PM
and about demons, I am not sure that a mere feat(s) would do the trick. A that could realy tip the balance of the game.

True enough, but the only other option that really fits is a race or a class. And it seems a lot more believable to me that only a handful of people have a certain feat(s) then that only a handful of people have a certain race or class. Of course it would be completely up to a GM who can and can't take said feat(s) just like leadership. You could also rule that only NPCs can use the feat(s). Just an Idea I thought I would throw out there.

Edit:Fair enough about the Aburames, maybe a bonus to Cha as they exert there influence over the bugs?

Xallace
2009-06-11, 05:46 PM
*Classes Explained*

Ok, so we have one pool of powers fo' everybody, classes provide the Defense Bonuses, HP, Healing Surges, Proficiencies, and each get their own class features. OK, I can dig that.

So back to jutsu, yay they will mostly be from the same source, but some feats paragon paths etc, would allow others, because it shows, special training above the norm. They would also cover bloodline abilities. Also some jutsus, might a have requirements to learn them

I'm having some trouble understanding the bolded.

Now the demons are tricky. They are most defiantly not deserving of their own. I guess it is possible. It would explain why naruto could not master basic jutsus, because he did not get them because he got demon powers instead. The class would have access to the jutsu pool, and would have access to its own pool of powers. That would also be nice because we would not have to make powers for each of the nine beasts. They would get jipped of a few class features. May be one class feature most ninjas get gives them cantrips like jtusu (basic at will powers, like bushin, and substitution), but a demon ninja would not. We could make demons bearers a race (called the bjuuin, spelling might be off), and then there powers would be improved by feats, and paragon paths.

I dunno about this. I'd suggest demons as being like multi-class feats; more powerful than normal, but restricted in that you can't take more than one (and now you can't take multi-class feats!). Make a couple chains of feats that let you replace one known power with a "demon" power. Paragon Path or two focused around the demon, and then maybe an epic destiny devoted to full manifestation.

Aburame Clan
Scores: + 2wis, +2???
Speed: 6
Vison: Normal (low light???)

I agree with +2 Con. Maybe speed 5? I don't remember the buggy folk being particularly fast.

It's a good start, but it needs some work.
The biggest problem, if I recall, is that the Aburame can not use regular techs because of the bugs- in exchange, they gain special insect techs that only they can use. I doubt it stops them from using Taijutsu, but that means that a whole 2/3 of the powers are unavailable to an Aburame character.

Scratch that, I appear to have made it up completely.

Darksword
2009-06-11, 07:43 PM
Alright the bold part about jutsu. What I am saying that jutsu come from one big pool, but some jutsu must be learned by feats or pargagon paths.

Now I like the idea, of demons being multiclass feats. That would work.

And now what about classes, and class features. My idea for the classes is first that since having them as just charka power source would be stupid, so each also have one of the three jutsu type.

Fighter nin (Tai Striker, like Sasuke, and lee, speed and strength)
Jutsu Nin (Nin Controler, Like KAkashi, some one who has a lot of jutsu)
Gurdain Nin (Tai Defender, big ninja with a lot strength and endurance, chouji, Naruto)
Supporter Ninja (Nin (or Gen), Leader, Healers, and may illusionist, ino and Saukra)
Strategist (Nin leader, a planner, who gives great advice, like Shikumaru and Temeri)
// My idea on the strategist is that Shikumaru has not shown many jutsu, so his other powers are these.

So the next step would be choosing class features. They should be easily moldable, and not character defineing. I am thinking things like sneak attack, allowing the use of healing surge and etc.

Uchia Clan
Scores: +2 Str, +2 dex (or wis or somthin)
Speed: 7 Squares

Uchia Bloody battler: When ever you are bloodied, or fighting a bloodied foe, you get a +1 bonus on attack.
Fire Masters: The Uchia clan our masters of fire. They get +1 to attack and damage on all fire jutsu.
Goukakyuu no Jutsu - Great Fireball Technique: A uchia can use Goukakyuu no Jutsu - Great Fireball Technique as an encounter power.

Goukakyuu no Jutsu - Great Fireball Technique Uchia Clan power
Encounter * Fire,
move Action Close blast 4
Targets: All creatures in area
damage at 11th level, and to +6 bonus and 3d8 +
Constitution modifier damage at 21st level.

Ninetail
2009-06-11, 09:51 PM
please I hate those type of comments.

Then don't ask for feedback.

We are trying to make a conversion

No, you're trying to make a whole new system which bears a vague resemblance to 4e. That was my whole point.

4e doesn't have negative racial modifiers. 4e doesn't have odd-numbered ability modifiers (neither did 3e for that matter). 4e doesn't have full-round actions.

If you feel the need to have any of this, you should be asking whether 4e is really the system you want.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 01:34 PM
actualy, a lot of this stuff (full round action etc, ) I did not know that stuff about 4e.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 05:09 PM
do not want to bump, but I have some stuff that I feel deserves its own post. The start of the list of jutsu (in no order)

Daibakuryuu no Jutsu - Great Exploding Current nin attack 6
After doing the needed hand seals a vortex of water will form, sucking your foes on the surface above it down to the depths below.
Utility*nin,Suton (Water)
Standard action Range: 10 squares
Target: One square of deep water.
Dc: (see below), +wis
Effect: You createa a 4 by 4 whirlpool. Any creature in the water, within 5 squares, must make a athletic check vs dc or be moved into the whirlpool. Any creature who begins their turn within the whirlwind must make a swim check v.s dc or be sucked into the whirlpool. (See DM guide).
__________________________________________________ _______________
Sustain: The whirlpool, normally disperse after one round. How ever you can sustain it as an standard action. After skipping sustaining for one round the whirlpool is gone.

Domu - Earth Spear nin attack 17
After using your hand sign your body becomes hard and rock like. How ever more importantly your hands become a deadly weapon.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Encounter*Doton (Earth)
Standard Action Personal
Target: Your self

Effect: For the remainder of the encounter your body becomes hard and stone like. You get a +6 on AC, and Fort defenses, a +2 on will and ref, and 5 temporary hit points. Finally you can use your unarmed attack as a +5 weapon (damage; 1d8+str).
__________________________________________________ __________

Doro Gaeshi - Mud Overturn nin utility 6_________________________________________________ _________
After performing your special hand signs, you “pull” a giant wall of earth right in front of you.
__________________________________________________ ___________
utility*Doton (Earth)
Standard Action Range: Adjacent
Target: A square of earth
__________________________________________________ _______________
You create a wall infront of you, 5 squares wide, 1 thick, and 15 high. It can not be Brocken like normal doors, and it has 50 hp, and regerates, 10 a round. It provides total cover and all area and burst attacks stop at the wall.

Doryuu Taiga - Earth Flow River Nin utiltiy2
__________________________________________________ _____
At will* Doton (earth)
Standard Action Aera burst 4 within 3
Target: Any square
The effected area become muddy for four rounds. (see dm and phb for information on diffuclt terrain.). It is possible to sink in the mud. (????)

Kami Shuriken - Paper Shuriken nin attack 1
__________________________________________________ __
At will*nin
Standard Action Range: 10 Squares (+benefit or penalty)
Target: one creature
Attack: Attack v.s AC
__________________________________________________ ___
Hit: 1d4+str (benefit or penalty) against foe and make a secondary attack

Kaze no Yaiba - Sword of Wind nin attack 15
After forming the needed hand seal, a cutting whirlwind will envelop his opponent and cut them to pieces. Unlike a real sword which can face resistance, the wind blade will be able to slice with little difficulty.
Daily*Nin, Futton
Standard Action Range: 5 squares
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom V.S Ref (or Def????)
__________________________________________________ _
Hit: 5d10+wis mod damage. The target also takes 5 continuous damage.
__________________________________________________ ____

Kanashibari no Jutsu Temporary Body Paralysis Technique nin attack 9
Daily*Nin
Standard action Aera burst 20 within
Attack: Wisdom or int +1/4level v.s fort defense

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 05:16 PM
Here is a rough idea for the non-clan ninja.(Feel free to ignore it if you just want regular human instead.) Tell me what you think.

Shinobi

Scores: +2 Dex +2 Wis

Hard Work:Through your intense study to catch up to the "genuises" you have gained more versatility. You gain one extra at-will jutsu. At first level

Focus: Due to the grueling training you have put yourself through your will is strengthened. You gain +2 racial bonus to your will defense.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 05:22 PM
I think that it would be allow. What do you think of the jutsu so far. I am working on a couple more to.

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 05:28 PM
Not quite sure what you mean by "I think that it would be allow" could you explain?

As far as the jutsus go I think they are interesting, but with the earth spear shouldn't the plus five also go to damage? Edit:That may be overpowered though.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 06:03 PM
I meant I think I that the shinobi race would be alright, but so would the human go.
And for the earth spear. I think i i will make that change, but change the level. Also Most of those are becoming utilty powers.

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 06:20 PM
Thought I would try my hand at the Inuzuka clan.

Inuzuka Clan

Scores: +2 Str +2 Con(or maybe Dex)

Speed: 7

Vision: Normal(lowlight maybe?)

Animal Tactics: You fight with the ferocity of your bast brethren. You get a +2 racial bonus to damage rolls vs. bloodied opponents.

Dog companion: You have a dog you have been entrusted to train. At first level you get a small dog that fights besid you, it becomes more powerful as you level up. (Maybe should be a feat?)

Darksword
2009-06-12, 06:23 PM
I think the increasing in the dogs level should primary be handled by feats and paragon path, but I like it, and the compion should not be to unbalance so I say it is good. Also I just edited the jutsu list with a couple more.

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 06:30 PM
I think the jutsus are good, for a second I thought the wind sword should target AC but then it shouldn't be affected by armor so Ref defense is good. As for the dog leveling with you it would primarily be bonuses to hit/defenses and more hp, the other stuff would come from feats/paragon paths like more damage and higher ability scores. Basically just keeping it useful at the higher level without focusing on it.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 06:39 PM
yay that would work, well. Simalar to how racail powers work.

Also here is a new feats. The first two level of the sharingon.

Bloodline: Sharingan (single TOma) [Racial,HEroic]
Pre: Uchia Clan, level 3+
Effect: You can activate the sharingan, encounter power. The listed effects of the sharingon are just the beginning. Certain feats will give more benefits when ever the power is activated and some jutsu can only be used when the Sharingon is activated.

Sharingan—Copy Wheel Uchia clan racial feat power
With a flick of an eye, your eye becomes red, with black dot, and one weird windmill.
Effect: You get +2 on all attacks rolls, on defense, and damage rolls. Also once per round you can get an additional +1 on any roll, or against any roll. (2/1)

Bloodline: two Toma (Racail,Heroic)
Pre: Uchia clan, sharingan, level 5
Effect: Your sharingon becomes +4/+2. In addition you can see invisible enemies, and you can tell anything you see from genjutsu or if it is real. They can also see if they are a clone, or in transformation.

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 06:42 PM
yay that would work, well. Simalar to how racail powers work.

Also here is a new feats. The first two level of the sharingon.

Bloodline: Shargingon (single TOma) [Racial,HEroic]
Pre: Uchia Clan
Effect: You can activate the sharingon, encounter power. The listed effects of the sharingon are just the beginning. Certain feats will give more benefits when ever the power is activated and some jutsu can only be used when the Sharingon is activated.

Sharinggon—Copy Wheel Uchia clan racial feat power
With a flick of an eye, your eye becomes red, with black dot, and one weird windmill.
Effect: You get +3 on all attacks rolls, on defense, and damage rolls. Also once per round you can get an additional +1 on any roll, or against any roll. (3/1)

Bloodline: two Toma (Racail,Heroic)
Pre: Uchia clan, Sharingon
Effect: Your sharingon becomes +5/+3. In addition you can see invisible enemies, and you can tell anything you see from genjutsu or if it is real. They can also see if they are a clone, or in transformation.

I would give the second one a level requirement, and I would also make it 2/1 and 4/2. Just to keep it from being overpowered, although depending on the power level of the other feats it may be okay.

Edit: Also when does this take place? Before the Naruto story, during it, during Shippuden, what?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-12, 06:44 PM
Minor nitpick; it is spelled Sharingan.

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 06:45 PM
Minor nitpick; it is spelled Sharingan.

Thank you, I've been wanting to say that for a while.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 06:59 PM
realy its sharingan, never knew. SO for a level requirement what do you think, like 7 or 5. And I will take the number suggestion.

And what do you mean when does this take place.
Any way puppetering stuff. A basic combat puppet stats will come eventualy.

Kugutsu no Jutsu - Puppetry Technique nin attack 1
__________________________________________________ _______
Encounter*nin, puppet
Standard action one square
Target: A combat puppet
You animate a puppet with one level, you can not use any component of it, and you must give it an action to have it use the same type of action. (move to make it move etc)

Notes on puppet: Unless otherwise said you can animate a puppet with one level.
You can control one puppet
A puppet can be up to your level-5 (minum one).
You can control a total amount of puppet levels equal to your level-4.

Puppeteer (Heroic)
Pre: Puppetry technique
Effect: You can use puppets with components. (the total level of all components on a puppet can not exceed your level -2, and the total level of all components on all puppets cannot exceed your level+2. IF they do a number of levels of components would instantly fall off until they equal the amount. ) A puppet can be to your level-2. You can animate one additional level.

Improved Puppeteering (Heroic)
Pre: Puppetry tech, Puppeteer
Effect: You can animate a puppet with two more levels. Can animate 2 more levels of components above the norm.
Note: can be taken multiple times, effect stack.

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 07:03 PM
What I mean is, what is the time frame we are basing it off of. Like unless it takes place before the anime/manga there is no point in statting out the Kaguya Clan. Really just a minor thing but it would help with my creativity. As for the Sharingan I would say level seven for the second one seems good.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 07:09 PM
I am basing it off the full series, so players could play a kayuga if they want. Speaking of which anyone want to do that. CLan I am having a bit of "Staters block"

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 07:19 PM
Okay, here's a rough design for Kaguya Clan.

Kaguya Clan

Scores: +2 Str +2 Con (after all they were a barbaric warrior clan)

Unique Biochemistry: Due to the unique nature of your body healing jutsus are ineffective on you. All jutsus with the healing keyword only provide half of there normal benefit and any heal check to cure a disease on you has the DC increased by 5.

Tough Bones: Your body is more resilient than that of other Shinobi. You gain 5 extra hp at first level.

Harden: You gain the Harden racial power.

Harden nin power

Your bones harden creating an interior defense. You gain a +2 racial bonus to your AC and Fort defenses until the end of your next turn.

Not sure about the balance please criticize.

Krazddndfreek
2009-06-12, 07:25 PM
Another little nitpick you keep spelling chakra "charka". I just had to point it out, it's been bugging me the whole time I was reading this.

Another note, I remember something about aburames having weak bodies due in part to the Kikai the shinobi hosts. Intelligence seems like a better choice than +2 to CON to me.

((pardon me, I've just been looking in random places, haven't really read all the jutsus)) The Sharingan eye powers are a little IMBA. I don't really think they should be able to be gained at first level for two reasons: 1) +3 to attack, damage and defenses? that's a bit much ('specially the defense bonus) 2) In the manga/anime (whichever you prefer) most Uchiha clansmembers couldn't develop the sharingan, let alone so swiftly to be compared to a first level character.

EDIT:

Okay, here's a rough design for Kaguya Clan.

Kaguya Clan

Scores: +2 Str +2 Con (after all they were a barbaric warrior clan)

Unique Biochemistry: Due to the unique nature of your body healing jutsus are ineffective on you. All jutsus with the healing keyword only provide half of there normal benefit and any heal check to cure a disease on you has the DC increased by 5.

Tough Bones: Your body is more resilient than that of other Shinobi. You gain 5 extra hp at first level.

Harden: You gain the Harden racial power.

Harden nin power

Your bones harden creating an interior defense. You gain a +2 racial bonus to your AC and Fort defenses until the end of your next turn.

Not sure about the balance please criticize.

Good balancing, but strength I thought that strength wasn't really their thing was it? Maybe change it to DEX.

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 07:30 PM
I don't think Dex really fits with the "majority" of the Kaguyas the one Lee fought (can't remember his name) yes but on a whole based on his flash back sequence I wouldn't say the were all that finesse oriented although if someone else agrees with you I will change it.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 08:54 PM
ok so should I have the pre for the first sharingon to be like what 3/5 And thank fors the clan.

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 09:05 PM
ok so should I have the pre for the first sharingon to be like what 3/5 And thank fors the clan.

Interestingly enough you ninja'd me in your asking for the Kaguya Clan.

Darksword
2009-06-12, 09:10 PM
i am awsome

Sanguine
2009-06-12, 09:27 PM
Thought I would try my hands at a feat. As before criticism is encouraged.
Taijutsu Opportunist
Prerequisites: Level 3 and 15 Dex
Benefit: You may use you at-will Taijutsus for Opportunity Attacks.
Normal: You may only use a basic attack for Opportunity attacks.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 10:49 AM
Ok this reply is via my ipod so this will be a bit messy
I like it but I would call it taijutsu oppertunist
Also should kayyga get fast healing?

Bloodline: Kayuga bone corspe path
Pre: heroic lv6 kayuga clan, fast healing
Effect: You activate your bloodline. You can use your bone sword attack.
Power coming later.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 11:04 AM
Changed the name and how about this for the fast healing.

Reconstruction[Racial, Heroic]
Prerequisites:level 3, Kaguya Clan, Con 13+
Benefit:Through your Kekai Genkai you can rebuild your body. You gain fast healing 1, this only functions during battle.

Greater Reconstruction[Racial, Paragon]
Prerequisites: Level 13, Kaguya Clan, Con 15+, Reconstruction
Benefit: Through your mastery of your bloodline you can quicken your reconstruction. Your fast healing improves to 3.

Epic Reconstruction[Racial, Epic]
Prerequisites: Level 26, Kaguya Clan, Con 20+, Greater Reconstruction
Benefit:You are able to heal yourself at a remarkable rate while expending chakra. Your fast healing improves to 5(or should it be 8?)

Once again criticism is encouraged.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 11:17 AM
Nice I like it. Now here is my idea for the bone weapon power

Bone weapon. Racial feat
effect: you produce a +1 blade weapon. It deals 1d8 damage on a hit. You can produce one weapon from each limbs round. You are automaticly proficent with them. They are light weapons. You can decrease your fh by1 and produce a weapon attatched to your arm.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 11:22 AM
Nice I like it. Now here is my idea for the bone weapon power

Bone weapon. Racial feat
effect: you produce a +1 blade weapon. It deals 1d8 damage on a hit. You can produce one weapon from each limbs round. You are automaticly proficent with them. They are light weapons. You can decrease your fh by1 and produce a weapon attatched to your arm.

Looks good although you forgot to add what the proficency bonus is. It may also be good to have it increase by tier.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 11:34 AM
O ya, I still get 4e confused with 3.5 a bit.
So may +1 at heroic, +2 at paragon and +3 epic. Or should we increase damage level istead. Or should feats do that.

Well any way more feats

Katon Master (Heroic)
Pre: lv 2, know at least one katon (fire power)
Effect: Any time you use a fire power, you get +2 to attack, and a +1 bonus on damage.

Suton Master (Heroic)
Pre: lv 2, know at least one suton (water power)
Effect: Any time you use a water power, you get +2 to attack, and a +1 bonus on damage.

Raiton Master (Heroic)
Pre: lv 2, know at least one raiton (thunder power)
Effect: Any time you use a fire power, you get +2 to attack, and a +1 bonus on damage.

Doton Master (Heroic)
Pre: lv 2, know atleast one doton (earth power)
Effect: Any time you use a earth power, you get +2 to attack, and a +1 bonus on damage.

Fuuton Master (Heroic)
Pre: lv 2, know atleast one futon (wind power)
Effect: Any time you use a wind power, you get +2 to attack, and a +1 bonus on damage.

(or should wood, and maybe ice be paragon paths???)
Mokuton jutsu user (Paragon)
Pre: Suton master, Doton Master
Effect: You can learn Mokuton (wood) powers. In addition you get one free heroic level encounter Mokuton power.

Hyoton jutsu user (Paragon)
Pre: Suton master, Futon Master
Effect: You can learn Hyoton (ice or snow) powers. In addition you get one free heroic level encounter Hyoton power.

Now I am going to make similar feats for taijutsu, and gen. Taijutsu, would, be easy, but I am not sure on gen.

Also an idea, for fuinn jutsu (sealing), could be similar to rituals.
And what about the cursed seal. I could see it as a two stage teplate, but that could be unbalance for pcs/

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 11:38 AM
For the bone sword I would say +3 proficency and +1 enhancement bonus per tier with the damage dice doubling at epic. And maybe have a paragon path focused around it. As for your feats they seem good although in Raiton master you typed fir instead of lightning. And wood and Ice should be paragon paths as they are rarely used.

Edit: For the curse seal I would make it a feat that gives you some inconsequential bonus and make a paragon path centered around it for like releasing it and level 2 and such.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 11:56 AM
O realy, opps. Changed that. ANd for wood and ice, I'll leave them as feats, but that might change. They'll proably be one of the first paragon paths I'll do. Now a couple of taijutsus

Ps I do not have my books with me right now.
So Some tai (I realy do not like how I did dynamic entry)

Chou Harite - Super Open Hand Slap Tai 15
Req: Must be huge size or larger, must use your unarmed strike
Attack: Strengh +3 v.s fort

Dynamic • Entry (Dainamikku • Entorii) Tai 6
Standard action Within Kuni range, and your speed
Target: One foe
Req: Must throw a kuni, you must not have been in combat
Attack: Dex+3 v.s int

Hien - Flying Swallow Tai 1
Effect: For the rest of the encounter all the weapons you currently wield, their range increase by 2 squares. You threaten all squares you can reach.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 12:07 PM
Thought I would do another feat for the Kaguya Clan
Bone Weapon Fighter
Prerequisites: Dex 13+, Kaguya Clan, Bone Weapon at-will power
Benefit:You are adept at using your bones as weapons. You may use your bone weapon for any taijutsu that requires the use of a specific weapon.

And here are full statistics for a bone weapon.
Bone Weapon: +3 Proficiency Bonus, 1d8 Damage(2d8 at epic), High Crit property. Chakra Weapon property.
Here is the Chakra weapon property.
A Chakra weapon is infused with your chakra increasing the efficency of your blow. The weapon gains an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls of 1 at heroic, 2 at paragon, and 3 at epic.

Edit: Made a little more then I intended.:smallsmile:

Darksword
2009-06-13, 12:13 PM
nice, I like the feat, but could possibly be a bit under powered. And speaking of taijutsu

Gouken Ryuu - Strong Fist Style (heroic)
Effect: You can learn Gouken taijutsu. You also get a +2 on all damage done with unarmed attack rolls.

That is a feat allowing the use of the strong fist style Lee uses so much. Speaking of lee, here is an idea for the multiclass of Garaa feats. Garra is handled a bit differently from the other demons, because of mainly what his demon gives him is the ability to use sand based jutsu and protects him

Special Demon: One tail Shukah (Multiclassing)
Pre: Posses the one tail demon, level one
Effect: You gain the automatic sand barrier. (I'll work on that)

Sand Master (Power swap, multiclass)
Pre: Special Demon: One tail, any one power swap feat.
Effect: You can swap an unlimited number of powers, between sand demon powers, and normal nin powers. How ever you can not swap back.
Normal: You can swap only 1 power of each type of power.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 12:16 PM
The feat is mainly to emulate Kimimaro's use of only his bones. I think I will tweak it a little for more power.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 12:27 PM
Bubun Baika no Jutsu - Partial Multi-Size Technique (Paragon,Racial)
Pre: Bakia no Jutsu, Akimich clan,
Effect: You can use Bubun Baika no Jutsu - Partial Multi-Size Technique, as an encounter power.

Bubun Baika no Jutsu - Partial Multi-Size Technique Akimich feat
Effect: For the rest of the encounter, your reach with one limb increases by 4 squares. You also threaten all squares you can reach.

Jinchuuriki (MultiClass)
Pre: First Level only
Effect: You bear a Bjuui in your body, and you can control its power. At critical points (up to once a day), your demon can come out and you enter its one tail form.

Draw the power out (Heroic)
Pre: Jinchuuriki, one power swap
Effect: You can use Draw the power as an encounter power. Although it is an encounter power, you must wait 2 hours between each encounter for it to recharge

Draw The power Demon Feat power
Effect: For the rest of the encounter you get a +1 on all rolls, and on defense. Also gain an additional of all demon powers you have.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 01:14 PM
New feats
Jutsu Focus[heroic]
Benefit: You pick a type of jutsu(Nin, Gen, or Tai) you gain a +1 to attack rolls wit jutsus of that type

Advanced Gouken Ryuu - Strong Fist Style[paragon]
Prerequisites: Str 14+, Gouken Ryuu - Strong Fist Style, Jutsu Focus (Tai)
Benefit:When using an unarmed Taijutsu increase the damage of your unamred strike by on die size.
Special:This feat can be taken multiple times, its effects stack.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 05:29 PM
I like both of them alot. The first one couldalso start a bunch of feat tees. Well I'm on my ipod buthopelymore tonight
Edit: newkeyword
Handsign
A power with hs require both hands open

Feats

One handed signer ( paragon)
Pre: nin mastery
You can use hs powers one handed

Weapon sign
Pre: nin and tai mastery
You can use hs powers well weilding weapons

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 05:46 PM
An idea for the classes as well as some new jutsu.

Ninja choose one area to specialize in and that determines one of there starting at-wills(Like a warlock pact) as well as giving them access to some exclusive jutsus. The options are: Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Genjutsu, and Medical jutsu.

and here are some jutsu.
Healing Palm

Fireball
Attack: Wis+3 vs Ref

Darksword
2009-06-13, 05:49 PM
I like it very easy and simple

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 05:52 PM
I like it very easy and simple

Thanks. I'll add some at-will jutsus later.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 06:09 PM
Sweet and I'll get some classes started

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 06:22 PM
Here are some generic level 1 at-wills.

Tiger Strike
Level 1 at-will, Tai, Weapon

Concealing Strike
Level 1 at-will, Gen

Poisonous blast
Level 1 at-will, Nin, Earth

Darksword
2009-06-13, 06:28 PM
Those are realy awsome I gonna work on jutsu

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 06:29 PM
Those are realy awsome I gonna work on jutsu

The Gen one is pretty much just a rip-off of the fey warlock power:smalltongue: only not ranged.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 09:27 PM
bunch of stuff

Puppy Level 1 Skirmisher
Medium natural beast XP 100
Speed 5
Bite (standard; at-will)
+6 vs. AC; 1d6 + 2 damage.

The Shinobi (Kunichi) class

Also known as the ninja, the shinobi is a unique class. IT is unique because it is customizable.
Class Traits: A shinonbi chooses one of the following four packages for class traits. The choices are Tai user, nin user, Gen user, and medic user.

Class features
The Shinobi class has three class features. Each class features have multiple chooses. Class feature A is a non improving feature, B is an improving feature, and C is a unique feature. (also just mentioning this a ninja could usually take muti class feats, for classes like rouge and fighter)

A

The following are chooses for class feature a

Sneak Attack
You get a +1/1d6 sneack attack, as the rouge class feature of the same name

Improved unarmed Strike
You get the improved unarmed strike feat, as a bonus feat.

Jutsu

Nan Kaizou - Soften Modification nin attack 1
Nan Kaizou is a Ninjutsu technique that allows a ninja to make their body very malleable. It was originally developed for spying activities. This technique can be done after surgery and actual body modification. When used the ninja can stretch and twist their body at any angle, allowing them to surprise their opponent.
Daily*Nin
Standard Personal
Effect: For the remainder of the encounter your range increases by 5 squares, your threat range by 2 squares and you get +2 on grab attempts.
__________________________________________________ __________

Mizuame Nabara - Starch Syrup Capture Field nin utility 16
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/sword_war444/MizuameNabaraA.jpg
Utility*Nin, Suton, Handsign
Standard Burst 5 within 3
Effect: Effected squares, become difficult terrain. In addition any persons, who walk directly on it become stuck for 4 rounds. A person could use charkra to walk over it. (like walking on water). The terrain stays “sticky” for the duration of the encounter.

Mizu no Muchi - Whip of Water Nin attack 1
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/sword_war444/MizuMuchiB.jpg
Encouter*Nin,Water
Standard action Personal
Effect: You create a whip. The whip is a charka weapon, that deals 1d4 points of lethal weapon. The user is automatically proficient with it. It has a range of 5 squares, and can be used to grab foes, with a +6 bonus.

Mikadzuki no Mai - Dance of the Crescent Moon Nin attack 19
As the ninja charges at his opponent, he creates mutiple shadow copies to confuse his opponent. Using the confusion, the real ninja will attack from the opponent's blindside.
Daily*Nin
Stanadard action weapon (See move)
Target: One foe in reach
Move: You must move at least enough squares to charge. You are considered charging for all purposes for this attack.
Attack: ½ Str+Dex V.s Ref
Hit: You get combat advantage against the foe and 3[w] damage.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 09:31 PM
It all looks good, except Instead of making the whip +1 I would give it the Chakra Weapon property I made earlier.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 09:33 PM
o yay charka weapon. Opps. Yay the charka weapon propetery will get a lot of use because so many jutsu have weapon creating effects.

edit:
some more stuff. Wow we actualy have a bit of jutsus

Also do you think we should make feats for senjutsu. I would say senjutus and hermit mode moves should be a pargon paths, but they are not apporiate for epid destines.

Suiryuudan no Jutsu - Water Dragon Projectile Technique
Nin attack 19
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/sword_war444/Suiryuudan4.jpghttp://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/sword_war444/SuiryuudanB.jpg
Daily*Suton, Nin,Hand signs
Standard action Range: 20 squares
Target: one foe
Attack: Wis+5 V.s Ref
Hit: 3D8+wis mod damage, +1d6 force damage

Gousuiwan no Jutsu - Strong Water Arm Technique Nin utility 16
__________________________________________________ ____
Using fine control over your water, you increase the strength of one of your arms.
Daily*Nin, Suton
Standard action Personal
Effect: For the remainder of the encounter you get +5 str, to your primary arm.

Sabaku Kyuu - Desert Coffin Demon sand nin attack 7
Encounter*Nin, Sand, Demon
Standard action Range: 10 squares
Target: One creature
Pre: You must be able to use sand (will can only be gain with power swap feats)
Req: You must have 3 times the victims size in sand.
Attack: Wis +5 V.s Ref
Hit: 2d6+int mod, and the victim is grabed by the sand. They can not escape through their own means.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 09:46 PM
o yay charka weapon. Oops. Yay the chakra weapon property will get a lot of use because so many jutsu have weapon creating effects.
Yep, that's the idea. Here goes for a jutsu from the show.
Shadow Clone Jutsu
Level 3 encounter, Nin
Standard Action

(maybe it should be granted by a feat.)

New skill
Chakra Control(wis)
You can make a Chakra Control check as minor action to give you either a climb speed equal to your movement speed (DC 20) or a walk on water speed(DC 25). Some jutsus may also call for a Chakra Control check.

Substitution jutsu.
Substitution Jutsu
Encounter, Gen(I think)
Immediate interrupt.
Trigger: an enemy attacks you.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 10:11 PM
I like them and chakra control is a nice idea, repersenting fine control. Also for shadow clone, how about they also stated as minnions.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 10:12 PM
I like them and chakra control is a nice idea, repersenting fine control. Also for shadow clone, how about they also stated as minnions.

They are minions.:smallconfused:

Darksword
2009-06-13, 10:15 PM
sorta, I mean one hit and theyre gone,useful but not going to last long, a way to have a lot ofcreatures on the battle feild, but not overpower the battle, yep that a minnion. Also I edited the last post of the secvond pagfes with a couple of new jutsus.

Sanguine
2009-06-13, 10:17 PM
sorta, I mean one hit and theyre gone,useful but not going to last long, a way to have a lot ofcreatures on the battle feild, but not overpower the battle, yep that a minnion. Also I edited the last post of the secvond pagfes with a couple of new jutsus.

No I mean it is stated that they are minions and thus have 1 hp. But I will try and make it clearer.

Darksword
2009-06-13, 10:18 PM
oo you said they have one hp. Opps, must have missed that.

Darksword
2009-06-14, 11:13 AM
ok I've been doing some cleaning up around the thread. I edited feats, and jutsu with any ideas, you guys had, and edited the first post, with somes listsa and a to do list. (first lthing, finish writing the list). I relay eventualy edited the stuff into a couple of posts so they can easily be found but not yet.

Darksword
2009-06-14, 06:18 PM
Ok her is just an idea for abilites, and how they work with jutsu.
As a general rule the jutus types are associated with the scores as shown below, though there can be exception
Nin: WIs, Int
Gen: Int, Gen
Tai: Str,con, dex

Mizukiri no Yaiba - Sword of Draining nin attack 1
Encounter* Nin,Water
Standard action Personal

Zukokku - Head Mincing Pain nin 15
Attack: Dex+4 V.S Ref
Hit: 3d6 +wis damage, and second attack
Miss: 2d6 attack and secondary attack
Second Attack: A 10 square burst target: All foes in range
Hit: 2d6 +wis damage.

Sanguine
2009-06-14, 06:22 PM
Ok her is just an idea for abilites, and how they work with jutsu.
As a general rule the jutus types are associated with the scores as shown below, though there can be exception
Nin: WIs, Int
Gen: Int, Gen
Tai: Str,con, dex

Mizukiri no Yaiba - Sword of Draining nin attack 1
Encounter* Nin,Water
Standard action Personal

Zukokku - Head Mincing Pain nin 15
Attack: Dex+4 V.S Ref
Hit: 3d6 +wis damage, and second attack
Miss: 2d6 attack and secondary attack
Second Attack: A 10 square burst target: All foes in range
Hit: 2d6 +wis damage.

Jutsus look good and I agree with the abilities except for Gen. I think Gen should be Charisma it just flows better in my mind and as you have it now there is very little reason for anyone to get a good Charisma score.

Darksword
2009-06-14, 06:37 PM
opps, I was supposed right cha not int, wis. So what do we need to realy focus on now any ideas.

Darksword
2009-06-15, 02:57 PM
ok just two feats

Fast signer (Epic)
Pre: One handed signer or weapon signer
Effect: Once per day whenever you use a hand sign jutsu you could choose to decrease the action time by one type.

Elemental Triad (Epic)
Pre: Atleast three of the following: Katon Mastery, Suton Master, Raiton Master, Doton Master, Fuuton Master.
Effect: Any time you consecutively use a jutsu of one of the above element, that you did not use in your last three turns, you get a culimitive +1 on all elemental jutsu until you the turn in which you do not increase this benefit.

Darksword
2009-06-16, 09:33 AM
new tai

Teshi Sendan - Ten Finger Drilling Bullets Tia 13
Encounter*Bloodline,Tai
Standard action. Range: 8 squares
Traget: One foe in range
Pre: Bone fighter (feat), Bone COrspe Path (BL)
Attack: Dex+5 V.s Def
Hit: 4d6 damage.