PDA

View Full Version : V teleported them out...

Mooncalf
2009-06-10, 05:15 PM
Chain contingency.

I hope I'm the only one to think of that.

Porthos
2009-06-10, 05:16 PM
Chain contingency.

V can't teleport anymore. :smallsmile:

Milandros
2009-06-10, 05:24 PM
Wierdly enough, despite the comic explicitly stating that V is an Evoker with conjuration as one of his banned schools, and that he can *not* cast teleport, people continually assume that V will teleport suddenly.

V can not teleport. He is barred from learning the spell.

Oh, and Chain Contingency is a 9th level spell. V can't cast spells of that level. Do some people never ever roll up a character under 20th level? It's another thing that happens all too regularly on this forum - "V should have cast XXX" or "Why doesn't Durkon cast XXX" where XXX is either a 9th level spell, or a spell metamagicked up to 9th level.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-06-10, 05:35 PM
Wierdly enough, despite the comic explicitly stating that V is an Evoker with conjuration as one of his banned schools, and that he can *not* cast teleport, people continually assume that V will teleport suddenly.
True and yet another example of why V should know (and prepare) Limited Wish and have the Suddent Silent Spell feat.

slayerx
2009-06-10, 05:37 PM
Chain contingency.

The problem with your theory...
V would have only been able to cast Chain Contingency and teleport while under the effect of the soul splice...

However, one of the rules of the soul splice was that when the soul splice ends, so does any spells V may have cast that had a durational effect... so the chain contingency would have ended with the soul splice (if it didn't get dispelled by Xykon)

When it comes down to it, it is heavily implied that it was MitD who helped them escape

GSFB
2009-06-10, 11:40 PM
a contingency isn't a durational effect. a durational effect is like "lasts X rounds." a contingency lasts indefinitely.

Dagren
2009-06-11, 12:55 AM
a contingency isn't a durational effect. a durational effect is like "lasts X rounds." a contingency lasts indefinitely."One day/level" most definitely is an ongoing effect. Which is what the fiends said, remember?