PDA

View Full Version : Abusing the D&D economy with Craft (Macaroni and Cheese)

Randel
2009-06-11, 01:56 AM
Okay, after answering the "What would you import from 4th edition into 3.5" thread and getting into a sleep-deprived induced tangent about the crafting skills... I'm curious just how a person could abuse the hypothetical Craft(macaroni and cheese) skill.

Assume your character is trying to take over the universe with their mad crafting skillz and in particular their ability to make a delicious mixture of cheese and pasta. All 3.5 books and supplements are open and lets assume that your character starts out with 100 gp, gets more money via crafting, and gets experience via role playing xp (or can buy XP at a rate of 10 gp for 1 xp)

What would their race/class be and what would their evil plan involve?

shadzar
2009-06-11, 02:02 AM
Kraft Mac & Cheese would be IP infringement right? :smallbiggrin:

Sounds like something Ysma would try in that Emperor's Groove franchise.

Start a store that sells this stuff to people and get money coming in. Put some kind of additive ingredient in it to make them buy more and more until everyone is buying it. The have some suggestion in it that would make everyone worship or follow you as their leader.

:smallconfused:

Something like that?

JeminiZero
2009-06-11, 02:39 AM
Well, the simple (but not so funny) plan is to:
1) Make a Warforged Wizard with maxed rank in Craft Macaroni and Cheese
2) Park him in a safe city and craft Mac and Cheese for profit.
3) Use profits to buy levels. As he levels up, his crafting skills improve and he can earn more gold. Since Warforged don't require food and such, almost all your profits can be funneled into XP.
4) Since warforged are immortal, eventually, he will reach epic wizard levels.
5) ???
6) profit Take over the world.

The not so simple (but probably funnier) plan is basically a copy of the Jumplomancer (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=943738) but uses Craft Mac and Cheese in place of jump. Basically take the Exemplar PrC, which lets you use Craft Mac and Cheese in place of diplomacy to make crowds fanatic about you.

To make sure you are actually strong enough to defend yourself should something that cannot be diplomacized try to kill you, maybe take a high yield PrC like Ur-Priest. Use your fanatic crowd of followers, and combine with your divine spellcasting, get them to worship you as the God of Mac and Cheese. With a bit of luck you will gain divine ranks and ascend.

sofawall
2009-06-11, 03:29 AM
To make sure you are actually strong enough to defend yourself should something that cannot be diplomacized try to kill you, maybe take a high yield PrC like Ur-Priest.

Who needs Ur-priest, you have:

crowds fanatic about you.

I mean, eventually they're going to roll nat 20s, right? And if you're playing with the variant rule 3 nat 20s = dead, well, just get 8000 or so fanatic followers to hit stuff :D

BobVosh
2009-06-11, 03:38 AM
Hmm. I know you can get fanatical followers with perform. If you craft well enough to do the same thing then it is simple. Get up to about 1000 fanatical follower. Bam! Take it up a notch, and get Divine Rank 0. Cook your way up the divine ranks.

Quietus
2009-06-11, 04:13 AM
Hmm. I know you can get fanatical followers with perform. If you craft well enough to do the same thing then it is simple. Get up to about 1000 fanatical follower. Bam! Take it up a notch, and get Divine Rank 0. Cook your way up the divine ranks.

This plan smells of cheese.

elliott20
2009-06-11, 05:06 AM
http://ruaarnold.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/elzar.jpg
His plan is clear.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-06-11, 05:56 AM
Awakened Fleshraker

Dagren
2009-06-11, 06:10 AM
Awakened FleshrakerOne answer for both questions, huh? :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2009-06-11, 07:39 AM
Okay, after answering the "What would you import from 4th edition into 3.5" thread and getting into a sleep-deprived induced tangent about the crafting skills... I'm curious just how a person could abuse the hypothetical Craft(macaroni and cheese) skill.

Assume your character is trying to take over the universe with their mad crafting skillz and in particular their ability to make a delicious mixture of cheese and pasta. All 3.5 books and supplements are open and lets assume that your character starts out with 100 gp, gets more money via crafting, and gets experience via role playing xp (or can buy XP at a rate of 10 gp for 1 xp)

DMG II Page 180.

Generic PC Class - Expert.
Human
Get lots of skill points and a few feats.

Skill Focus (Profession)
Negotiator
Business Savvy
Skill Focus (Diplomacy)
Persuasive

Later on get Leadership (level 6) and Landlord (level9) feats.

Use the landlord starting funds to build a few houses to rent out in the city your based in. Maybe sell one or two for profit.
As you go up in level you get more and more cash for construction.
Invest it in anything that has low risk and some form of return.
Use the followers from leadership to "support" your empire. Either through more experts (make a chain of restaurants. McCheesies) or rogues and sorcerers to make sure people pay up.

You can start a bank as well and then gradually spread your influence.
Eventually you can build your own town and then build a castle to go with it.

Raise some armies, employ a general.

Hello there your majesty!! :)

Then start a cult in your honour. You don't ever need to raise a finger against a single soul.

CHA + WIS with a good INT is all you need. :)

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-11, 07:43 AM
This plan smells of cheese.

I think you mean Mac'n'cheese :smallwink:

I kow, I''m disgusted in myself as well.