PDA

View Full Version : 10 level E6

Yora
2009-06-11, 06:11 AM
Which of course would make it E10.

I like the idea of E6, but I think level 6 is really a bit too low. I guess 10th level would suit my campaign better.
It's seem there's no problem to use E6 and have the characters advance to level 10, but are there special things one should be aware of, if doing this?

The 5,000 XP for new feats of E6 are the same ammount it takes to level from 5th to 6th, so that should be replaced with 10,000 XP. (It's 9,000 XP to reach 1th from 9th, but 10k is far easier to calculate with.)

Is there anything else that's important to consider?

I don't intend to use prestige classes in my game, but with more than 6 levesl, that would be an option. What's your thought about the pros and cons of allowing that. (Mostly the cons, I guess. :smallamused: )

Nero24200
2009-06-11, 11:59 AM
Can't see too many cons with this idea, I think 10th level is just about right for myself as well. As long as you're not at a level where certain character types dominate it should work just fine.

Knaight
2009-06-11, 12:50 PM
The 6 is a pretty important part of E6.

It gives fighter types a much needed boost, as they are the only type to get an iterative attack. Thus balancing them automatically with ToB, and non-twinked casters.

They are still extremely powerful, but mortal, huge peasant mobs are something that can't be completely ignored. Avoided easily yes, ignored no.

What would work with E6, with a bit of extra power, is E6+4 levels using epic rules. Only martial types still get two attacks, but health and saves and such go up. To get higher level spells needs a few feats, but its an option. It scales up E6, while still making things pretty simple, and allowing for powerful multiclassing.

Yora
2009-06-11, 01:34 PM
That's a really good point there.
Thanks. I really should consider this fact.