PDA

View Full Version : Warmind

Dhavaer
2009-06-11, 06:14 AM
Is it (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/warMind.htm) balanced if it gives +1 level of existing manifesting class instead of its own manifesting progression?

Salt_Crow
2009-06-11, 06:32 AM
I'd say losing one or two manifester levels like Illithid Slayer would work nicely.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-06-11, 06:48 AM
War Mind gets up to 5th level powers in ten levels, but only gets six powers known, with a decent amount of base powerpoints/day. It grants Fighter BAB and d10 HP, with very few prerequisites. I'd say make it grant no better than +1 at every even numbered level, or its own independent progression, chosen when the first level is taken. If someone wants to use something like Soulknife or even Cleric with the Knowledge domain to qualify for it, they should still be able to use its default progression. It should not be better for a primary caster/manifester to take War Mind than more levels of their base class.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-06-11, 11:22 AM
short answer: no

long answer: It wasn't designed as a psionic advancement class, it was designed as a class which can grant some psionic powers to an otherwise non-psionic character without sacrificing too much in the way of other things.

Besides, I'd almost rather have a few extra lower level powers from the PsiWar list. Maybe a compromise: If you have a PP pool from a psionic class, then it advances that PP pool advancement. That way you have more PP available to you.

sonofzeal
2009-06-11, 01:42 PM
short answer: no

long answer: It wasn't designed as a psionic advancement class, it was designed as a class which can grant some psionic powers to an otherwise non-psionic character without sacrificing too much in the way of other things.

Besides, I'd almost rather have a few extra lower level powers from the PsiWar list. Maybe a compromise: If you have a PP pool from a psionic class, then it advances that PP pool advancement. That way you have more PP available to you.
....except a PsiWar5/Warmind10 actually has more pp than a PsiWar15. Your variant would give less pp for a substantial portion of its career.

I think it's fine as-is.

woodenbandman
2009-06-11, 02:28 PM
Look at it this way:

Warminds aren't as good as psychic warriors, but sweeping strike is cool. Warmind is more of a class to add in some psionic to a character. It's really only 5 levels long.