PDA

View Full Version : A "Thank You" to The Giant...

Porthos
2009-06-11, 03:35 PM
... For letting O-Chul survive. :smallsmile:

This is getting a bit lost in all of the shock and awe over the MitD (not to mention the arguing about it :smalltongue:) but I just wanted to register my thanks for letting O-Chul survive his encounter with Xykon. I wouldn't have bet one shiny nickle on him continuing to breathe after this was all said and done. I was absolutely convinced that, some way, some how, O-Chul would end up dead when all was said and done. But somehow that Energizer Bunny of Paladins managed to get out of Dodge with his skin intact.

And it not only was it masterfully done, his escape was a direct result of him acting like a Paladin is supposed to act like. He was rewarded for his good deeds after a long terrible nightmare.

So thank you, Rich. O-Chul deserves this, and I'm just glad that Fate/Karma/Whatever decided to pay him back for all of things that he's done while in captivity.

Next Up:
Let's see that drink with Hinjo. :smallwink:

Lufia
2009-06-11, 03:41 PM
I hoped that Xykon would get at least one kill. :smallannoyed:

RMS Oceanic
2009-06-11, 03:44 PM
I hoped that Xykon would get at least one kill. :smallannoyed:

He killed the top of his tower. Does that count? :smalltongue:

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-11, 04:03 PM
I know Rich is awesome, but am I the only one who's sure they've seen about 5 thank you threads in the past week or so?

Ridureyu
2009-06-11, 04:32 PM
Yes, I want to be thankful for this. Now, he still might die, but it's very nice and refreshing to see that character type not kick the bucket.

Next we'll have a father/mentor figure who lives, too. Wow!

Pip
2009-06-11, 04:45 PM
Yes, I want to be thankful for this. Now, he still might die, but it's very nice and refreshing to see that character type not kick the bucket.

Next we'll have a father/mentor figure who lives, too. Wow!

We've already had one of those.

392 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0392.html)

King of Nowhere
2009-06-11, 04:51 PM
I too am glad O-Chul survived. Not only because I really like him (no, not "like like" him, you perverted :smallbiggrin:), but because I swear, if O-Chul died, to make a second Ogame account named "O-Chul lives", and my first account already takes enough time.

Callista
2009-06-11, 04:51 PM
Hey, I was going to say that!

But yes. It's nice we'll get to see more of him. He's an interesting character, though there's no way I'd want him as a main character--he's simply too mature to actually have the character development we'd need to make an interesting character. Not saying he's boring; it's just that he's learned most of what life has to teach, and while that makes him interesting to watch, he wouldn't be all that great as a protagonist.