PDA

View Full Version : so i am a were wolf

Freeze_L
2009-06-11, 04:20 PM
i got bit by a werewolf, and have got the curse..... my dm is being very vauge telling me things about it, could i remove any way before the full moon? he has told me that once i transform i can take skill points in a new skill to control it but i am a shadow bane inquisitor w/ a +1 int mod so i only get 6 SPs a level. Is there a way out of werewolf?

kamikasei
2009-06-11, 04:24 PM
If he's being vague, he probably intends for you to discover everything he wants you to know in character. I suggest you trust your DM.

Draco Ignifer
2009-06-11, 04:25 PM
According to the SRD, "An afflicted character who eats a sprig of belladonna (also called wolfsbane) within 1 hour of a lycanthrope’s attack can attempt a DC 20 Fortitude save to shake off the affliction. If a healer administers the herb, use the character’s save bonus or the healer’s Heal modifier, whichever is higher. The character gets only one chance, no matter how much belladonna is consumed. The belladonna must be reasonably fresh (picked within the last week).

However, fresh or not, belladonna is toxic. The character must succeed on a DC 13 Fortitude save or take 1d6 points of Strength damage. One minute later, the character must succeed on a second DC 13 save or take an additional 2d6 points of Strength damage.

A remove disease or heal spell cast by a cleric of 12th level or higher also cures the affliction, provided the character receives the spell within three days of the lycanthrope’s attack.

The only other way to remove the affliction is to cast remove curse or break enchantment on the character during one of the three days of the full moon. After receiving the spell, the character must succeed on a DC 20 Will save to break the curse (the caster knows if the spell works). If the save fails, the process must be repeated.

Characters undergoing this cure are often kept bound or confined in cages until the cure takes effect.

Only afflicted lycanthropes can be cured of lycanthropy."

So, depending on how long you have, and what kind of clerics you have access to, things are about to get hairy.

Tsotha-lanti
2009-06-11, 05:10 PM
So, depending on how long you have, and what kind of clerics you have access to, things are about to get hairy.

*obligatory rimshot*

Seriously though, figure it out in-character. There's no way for any of us to know if your DM has done the smart thing and changed the way lycanthropy works. For instance, there's the good ol' Ravenloft style option where you have to go hunt down the originator of the line, etc.

Haven
2009-06-11, 05:27 PM
*obligatory rimshot*

Seriously though, figure it out in-character. There's no way for any of us to know if your DM has done the smart thing and changed the way lycanthropy works. For instance, there's the good ol' Ravenloft style option where you have to go hunt down the originator of the line, etc.

Regardless, finding a high-level cleric is probably the best place to start, and I can't see that course of action as being too metagame-y (unlike your character suddenly saying "I know, I will just consume a sprig of belladonna! yum!").

TheThan
2009-06-11, 05:29 PM
Wait, did you actually fight one or is this part of the railroad tracks?

d13
2009-06-11, 07:52 PM
Pump your Will Save, and live happy with it... At least if you're a melee'r xD

msully4321
2009-06-11, 08:37 PM
I almost had to deal with this in one of my campaigns, when my players were fighting Lycanthropes.

If any of them had gotten the curse, I would have told them out of game that they had two or three sessions to get themselves cured or else they would need to retire the character. Increasing somebody's ECL by 8 makes the character unplayable.

Lamech
2009-06-11, 09:03 PM
Is your ECL getting pumped? If it isn't pump ranks in your control shape, get a helm of alignment switching and call it a day. If it is get rid of it. ECL +8 makes a character unplayable.

Talk to your DM about this. It was never really made clear except in SS what happens to level when you get hit with lyncanthropy.

P.S. You can ditch the monster levels via wight. There is no reason people can't put lycanthropy together with slowed learning rate. And no reason why people can't put energy drain together with quickened learning. And again no reason why people can't put lycanthropy together with buffering level loss.

Josh the Aspie
2009-06-11, 09:32 PM
Actually, not necessarily totally out of character.

The reason that belladona is associated with curing were-wolves is due to it's being called 'wolf's bane' ... or, perhaps, the name came from the legend. In either case, that is it's common name in many medieval villages, and even a low level knowledge arcana check should let you know a legend spread commonly among peasants.

Tsotha-lanti
2009-06-11, 09:47 PM
Belladonna is not wolfsbane. Wolfsbane is aconite, or monkshood. Supposedly aconite was used to poison meat left out for wolves, to kill them.

Leon
2009-06-12, 12:21 AM
How are you getting a +8 ECL?

I had a PC that was a Werewolf for sometime at lvl 3 and it was not overpowering

+2 HD and + 2 LA

Freeze_L
2009-06-12, 11:14 AM
Is your ECL getting pumped? If it isn't pump ranks in your control shape, get a helm of alignment switching and call it a day. If it is get rid of it. ECL +8 makes a character unplayable.

i talked to my dm and it looks like he had it planed for someone to get the curse and the werewolf template is customized. my ECL is not going up, a +9 ECL would suck, and i and the other charcter who got it can get ranks and control it. But i am going to go the head cleric in the town and see if he can help. if not i got the cash to buy a cage for the 1st night when i lose complete control of my character. Fun.